Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How did last nights win compare with the Deshaun's win?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

How did last nights win compare with the Deshaun's win?

Jan 8, 2019, 10:33 AM

And if you can recall it, toss in memories from '81.

Going in, I had less confidence. While I knew we had weapons and knew Alabama would have issues, I no idea what would happen the first time Trevor got popped. Turns out, he never really did.

Once Deshaun and the boys got moving I was confident, but was smelling pretty rough with the nervous sweats on the last drive. Story goes a teared up a touch when Hunter flipped the ball to the ref. I felt a great relief as lightning hadn't escaped the bottle.

Last night, I didn't let myself relax until very late in the game. Once I did, it was somehow more joyous than the first time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Better

Jan 8, 2019, 10:35 AM

Pretty much knew going in to the 2016 game that Deshaun was going to win that game no matter what. This year I did not see that coming, and giving nick saban a 4 touchdown loss, and holding the best alabama offense of all time to only 16 points. This was the greatest national championship performance of all time

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Much Better

Jan 8, 2019, 10:40 AM

DW's was a cliff hanger. Great game but nerve racking. Having it wrapped up in the 4th and with five minutes left Bama laying down made this one much more satisfying. And BTW I was at the Orange Bowl in 1981 - another game no one thought we'd have a chance.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was the same.

Jan 8, 2019, 10:35 AM

I couldn’t relax until about half way into 4th QT and then it wasn’t relaxing it was pure ecstasy. Much better than 2016 when it was a nail biter the whole time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In 2016, I was amped until 3 AM after the win.

Jan 8, 2019, 10:37 AM

I'm sure it had to do with it being the first I was paying attention to, and the way it happened.

Last night, I wasn't confident we'd win it until we put up 38, and it was a lot more relaxing and a general since of contentment and awe.

I still can't believe that Bama only put up 16 after how they were able to move the ball on us in between the 20's all night. It was crazy how they were gashing us in the middle of the field. Going into half time, I thought this year was going to be a reverse of 2016, where our Defense was going to be too gassed to stop them in the 4th qtr.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ditto bb***

Jan 8, 2019, 10:42 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

We didn't put up 38 we put up 37. Did you even watch the

Jan 8, 2019, 11:27 AM [ in reply to In 2016, I was amped until 3 AM after the win. ]

game?

2016 was more special to me

Jan 8, 2019, 10:41 AM

Clemson had finally reached the top. The finish was storybook. I sat in awe and emotion in front of the TV until about 3am watching whatever I could soaking it in.

Last night I lost my #### throughout the entire game but was just blown away by the dominance. I feel bad I had any doubt, but it felt the exact opposite of the Sugar Bowl game last year. It was just flat out dominance and it was awe inspiring watching it. Sitting in front of the TV I know I just looked like a kid on Christmas. Knowing this a spoils to the victor type of beating.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

it's a toss-up for me.

Jan 8, 2019, 10:44 AM

There's that last play in the 2016 (sorry, "20(!)7") game. That's the one image that will forever define that game, even though the ones preceding it were much 'better/bigger' plays...6 seconds left, #### playing for a tie (even tho I hope we would've kicked the FG if he missed the pass), the ball flick...

but then there's the just outright domination and dismantling of the Alabama/Saban/Tua juggernaut. Conversely to the first game, the fact that it WASN'T a tight game with a typical storybook finish is what made last night great. It had a storybook finish....it just started in the 2nd quarter and lasted 44 blissful minutes

Dittos

Jan 8, 2019, 10:54 AM

with a slight edge to this year since I didn't run out of a bar in tampa after the game with my best Perry Tuttle SI impression in drunk jubilation totally missing the curb and slamming my face in the street in front of 100's. Not that that happened that year or anything or that my bleeding and concussed self had to literally be carried back to the truck. Not one of my best moments but it left a mark (or two) that will forever remind me of that natty (and my #######).

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Better.

Jan 8, 2019, 10:45 AM

44-16, nuff said.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, it depends. As many have noted, I was up 'til 0300 in

Jan 8, 2019, 11:10 AM

2017. That last drive and the emotion was incomparable. I cried like a baby.

But Lord, last night was satisfying in an altogether different way. I scared my family from the jump when we had the pick 6 and I was still clapping in appreciation until the end of the 10-minute, game-ending drive with the Chase Brice Experience (think about THAT for a minute - Clemson had NEVER in our history had a 10-minute drive AND we did it with our back ups in AND Bama had outright QUIT AND we could have scored at will).

Less tears last night, but more satisfaction.

The 2018 Clemson Tiger Football Team was the BEST in college football history. The BEST. EVER. 15-0. KILLED ND and Bama. Won @ TAMU. Won with CB vs. SYR. Look at the stats on 20-point victories, etc. Most wins in college football history for a senior class. Two natties in three years. With a true freshman quarterback. Without our best run stopper. Wilkins and Renfrow. Legends.

Let ALL that sh it sink in for a minute.

Unfckuingbelievable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it moved.***

Jan 8, 2019, 11:26 AM

Imma get that last paragraphed tattooed on my

Jan 8, 2019, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Well, it depends. As many have noted, I was up 'til 0300 in ]

Lower back!

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it moved***

Jan 8, 2019, 2:16 PM

Jan 8, 2019, 11:19 AM

We finally slayed the dragon and proved ourselves to the world and Deshaun got to ride off into the sunset with a storybook ending. Plus I was there in person.

I'll certainly savor this one because the "SEC SEC" mouthbreathers I interact with on a daily basis are going to crawl into a gutter and die, but the emotions of 2016 will never be replicated imo.

I spent some time this week thinking about that

Jan 8, 2019, 11:24 AM

I wondered how I would feel if we won. When Dabo spoke after the 2016 win I cried like H8n looking at his checkbook.

This year was definitely different. It was fun. Lots of high fives. The game didn't feel completely wrapped up to me until we went up 37-16. Thats when I finally settle down and began to really enjoy the beat down taking place.

Re: How did last nights win compare with the Deshaun's win?

Jan 8, 2019, 12:00 PM

I just cannot understand how we stopped them so many times on 3rd down. I just cannot get it wrapped in my mind, still. Those 3rd downs in the red zone after them driving and trashing us, just cannot understand or will ever understand the determination of our DLine.

Big Dex was missed, but I tell you, I never once thought about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1981 was the best for me.

Jan 8, 2019, 12:03 PM

That was my senior year at Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I cried like a ##### in 2016

Jan 8, 2019, 1:49 PM

Last night was just totes chill joy. That game was just flat out fun.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Samesies

Jan 8, 2019, 1:55 PM

But I did cry a little last night cause couldn't call Nana to celebrate with her like I did in 2016.

RIP

And liquor makes me emotional

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic