Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How did I not realize that Jos A Bank was a ripoff?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 461

How did I not realize that Jos A Bank was a ripoff?

Feb 2, 2019, 5:00 PM

Huge presentation on Monday. Needed to get a new jacket for it since it's in the company's board room with the CEO and other executives. Old jackets were a 44R and apparently I'm now a 48R.

So I go to Jos A Bank.

I hate shopping, so was just like whatever. Next thing you know, I'm in a Buy One, Get One Sale and end up picking a jacket that was $680 dollars. I got 2 (a summer one made of linen) with the BOGO, but still.

It didn't even register to me that I had been ripped off at the time. It took me about 6 hours for the buyer's remorse to sink in, right before I went to bed last night. I realized...I've bought very nice jackets for under $350 before.

I woke up this morning and the first thing on the docket today was to go back and get a refund.

I did just that, and went next door to Stein Mart....where a BETTER JACKET, a dress shirt, a pair of nice slacks, a pair of Cole Haan's and a matching belt ran me under $400.

God I'm glad I kept the receipt to Jos A Bank.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pro Tip: Men's Warehouse.

Feb 2, 2019, 5:07 PM

HTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

HOF Tip: They are one and the same, been that way for a few

Feb 2, 2019, 6:38 PM

years.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fool.com/amp/investing/general/2016/02/22/did-mens-wearhouse-ruin-its-rival-by-buying-it.aspx

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another tip - spend the coin and buy better

Feb 2, 2019, 6:53 PM

Jos A Bank has cheap material, lousy workmanship, single stitching, glueing the liners vice stitching. The trousers wear out/wear thin. I can go on.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another tip - spend the coin and buy better

Feb 2, 2019, 6:58 PM

Exactly. I have no idea why I went in there. I went with a Ralph Lauren jacket and slacks and got em at half the price because inventory liquidation discount.

This wouldn't have helped in your situation for monday

Feb 2, 2019, 7:15 PM

but I've purchased 2 suits and a few shirts from https://www.indochino.com/ I'd consider it a fews steps above Jos A Bank and Men's Warehouse, but way below an outfit like Rush Wilson. YMMV, but I've been pleased so far with them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This wouldn't have helped in your situation for monday

Feb 2, 2019, 7:18 PM

Always read good thingd about indochino, and I've come ### close to ordering a couple of times. I think I'll try it out when I get a new charcoal grey to replace my old one

Replies: 6
| visibility 461
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic