Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How did I miss this diddy by Frank Martin?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 2,341

How did I miss this diddy by Frank Martin?

Feb 21, 2013, 12:31 AM

Check out the list USA Today did of the 8 worst things Frank Martin said about his team after last week's loss to LSU:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/02/15/frank-martin-south-carolina-gamecocks-press-conference-lsu-tigers/1921993/?morestories=obinsite

Sorry if it's already been discussed...

http://www.thetigerswag.com/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He looks gay in Garnet***

Feb 21, 2013, 8:24 AM

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

who doesn't...?***

Feb 21, 2013, 8:31 AM

Lmao***

Feb 21, 2013, 8:35 AM [ in reply to He looks gay in Garnet*** ]

Martin

Feb 21, 2013, 8:34 AM

I saw his quote of never , ever , ever... Throwing his team under the bus and just smh!!! He's done it all year after every bad loss!! Who wants to play for a prick!!

"Must be a prick" - has to be in every job description

Feb 21, 2013, 8:38 AM

at Usuck. Somehow they find these guys and get them to coach there. He fits in perfectly.

right on the mark***

Feb 21, 2013, 8:41 AM

a lot of kids would kill for a D1 scholarship & to play

Feb 21, 2013, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Martin ]

their hearts out for that prick.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: a lot of kids would kill for a D1 scholarship & to play

Feb 21, 2013, 12:58 PM

I disagree - they'd kill for the D1 scholarship, but that's it. It would be in spite of him, not because of it...

because aholes like spurrier et al only recruit people

Feb 21, 2013, 1:09 PM

desperate for a d1 scholly?

the guy tells it like it is and you don't like it? fine. swinney called out his players going into last spring practice by saying the staff was going to find out "who wanted to play football and who didn't" after his team quit in the orange bowl. it wasn't the first time his team quit during 2011.

freeman, our senior center, said there were some older lineman that fought the changes caldwell was making and it showed along the line in 2011; "they weren't willing to put forth the effort".

i don't like martin's approach per say, i do get it, but he took responsibility for the effort his team puts forth. he says he was brought in to fix a problem, not create another one.

he'll get his kids in there and it won't be a matter of them having no other choice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: because aholes like spurrier et al only recruit people

Feb 21, 2013, 3:36 PM

There's a slight difference between spring ball and 3/4 through a season. For one, no one has a good team during spring ball - ask any coach, they hate their team. That is the time they break down and build up. And it's after practice.

But to rip your team after a loss the way he did was bold and brash. He doesn't have the rapport with the kids, school, or fans to do that. If Coach K does it, it may be okay because the rafters are full of his successes.

But take Roy Williams, he got blasted earlier this year for similar comments, and Bob Knight was eventually run out of two towns.

he got a contract for $12mil plus scar paid off his $1mil

Feb 21, 2013, 3:47 PM

buy-out and you're the only one that follows college basketball that didn't know what scar was buying?

questioning your team's effort doesn't have a season imo and he will still fill up his allotment with kids that choose to play for him.

not everyone is afraid of tough love, in fact, some kids are attracted to it... just not your kids.

Re: he got a contract for $12mil plus scar paid off his $1mil

Feb 21, 2013, 5:49 PM

Deadsolid gets it, glad someone does. Takes a special breed to play for a coach like that but the ones who embrace it are normally quite talented and are successful in a life standpoint. The realize oohing is given without being earned.

Re: he got a contract for $12mil plus scar paid off his $1mil

Feb 21, 2013, 5:59 PM [ in reply to he got a contract for $12mil plus scar paid off his $1mil ]

I never said SCAR or Frank Martin didn't know what they were getting into. They both knew it and embraced it - and now their being called out in the national news for it.

Also, I never said tough love isn't warranted and/or needed. There's a place for it, and the national media isn't it, especially during season 1 when everyone - both sides included - knew they would suck.

Many kids are attracted to tough love, but it has to come with a sense of love, support, & trust. My kids have respect because of both tough love and the support and love that comes with it.

I can't say whether Frank has that with his players, but following his press conference, he better hope he does.

no, you said...

Feb 21, 2013, 7:40 PM

It would be in spite of him, not because of it...

they will come, they have already committed and will continue to commit as long is he is there; they will know full well what he's about and what is expected. i find that refreshing.

he was a big time hire and the only people i see upset by what he did are probably also opposed to dodge ball in our schools.

he's not for everyone; that's pretty cut n dry. i could never see him at clemson because he doesn't fit, just as mike leach wouldn't fit or our football program viewing scholarships as 1 year deals[which they are] wouldn't fit.

Who does he think is the coach of this team that is

Feb 21, 2013, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Re: because aholes like spurrier et al only recruit people ]

underachieving? Needs to look in a mirrow.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

5) "If you take Bruce Ellington off our team, you'd probably

Feb 21, 2013, 8:51 AM

have the 12 leading candidates for the starring roles in ... The Return of the Living Dead, the zombie movie."

Hahahahahahaha

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re:Ellington may be he's biggest problem.***

Feb 21, 2013, 12:53 PM

He has great speed and heart on the court

Feb 21, 2013, 1:00 PM

but I've never been super impressed with his overall basketball skills.

Clemson

OT but...

Feb 21, 2013, 3:38 PM

I hope Blanks takes roland's or bruce's head off next year.

The buck stops with the head coach

Feb 21, 2013, 4:41 PM

Examine what YOU are doing wrong instead of ripping your players.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: The buck stops with the head coach

Feb 21, 2013, 5:51 PM

What he's doing worked everywhere else he coached, just needs his players to buy into what he's selling. That's the biggest key.

Re: The buck stops with the head coach

Feb 21, 2013, 6:00 PM

Well maybe it's not his coaching that works, but players. I have seen very little "coaching" from him this season.

Re: a lot of kids would kill for a D1 scholarship & to play

Feb 21, 2013, 5:53 PM

You can see how the team has responded to the "Prick", totally mailed in the season!

This man is deeply troubled.

Feb 21, 2013, 6:07 PM

I bet he kicks his dog and beats his wife and children.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He does represent the SEC...***

Feb 21, 2013, 6:20 PM

idk, has his dog airballed any layups?***

Feb 21, 2013, 7:48 PM [ in reply to This man is deeply troubled. ]

Replies: 26
| visibility 2,341
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic