Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OMG the sky is falling. Us and Oregon better worry ....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

OMG the sky is falling. Us and Oregon better worry ....

Sep 9, 2012, 8:58 AM

So, yesterday, Oregon builds up a nice, comfortable 35-6 lead at the half over Fresno State. Sound familiar? Guess what happened in the second half when Oregon went to its 2nd and 3rd string O and D? That's right, Fresno put up 19 in the second half to lose only by a 42-25 score. Just like us, they could have easily won a 69 - 17 game if they wanted to. But what good does that do? Wouldn't you rather give some guys some playing time that we may need in 2013 and beyond? And how foolish would it look if we injure a couple of starters in a blowout? Get real people. Ball State kept their starters in the whole game. We didn't.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How dare you try to put things in perspective on TigerNet***

Sep 9, 2012, 8:59 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How dare you try to put things in perspective on TigerNet***

Sep 9, 2012, 9:09 AM

Heyyyy, sometime you have to tell it the way it really is. Even when it means feelings will be hurt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The way it is, we are 2-0. And Tajh Boyd had 223 yards...

Sep 9, 2012, 9:12 AM

passing in a quarter and half. We emptied the whole bench on offense yesterday. Our rush defense needs to improve, but at the same time there are signs of improvement over last year's D. Do remember how terrible our D was last year? It wasn't going to go from worst to first in two games.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wake Forest scored 24 points against us in 1981 ... when

Sep 9, 2012, 9:20 AM

we scored 81 points.

The game could have been 100-0 ... easily.

We effortlessly scored 49 points in the first half and Wake was totally helpless untill we started to substitute liberally.

We did the same thing that day that we did against Ball St. this past weekend.

We're not a great defense yet, and in no way do we have a defense that resembles our 1981 squad, but giving up points to a big underdog after the game is decided and you're emptying the bench is not a strong indicator of a problem.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I look at it as getting out there and getting the job done.

Sep 9, 2012, 9:24 AM

You win and you get playing time for just about the whole team.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic