Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How come the people who are realists are called coots?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

How come the people who are realists are called coots?

May 13, 2017, 11:03 PM

You are called a coot if you're a realist about things, and it really gets under my skin. I mean sometimes things are just obviously wrong, and you bring them up, and are called names. I think I learned to quit callling people names in the 6th grade, but some people like clash, have the brain of a peanut, and are insecure about themselves and would rather just call people names. It's really rather comical.....clash is the worst with alum in at a close second. There I said it and I'm sure other people agree with me.... was that creative enough for you the trash?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Technically you're a dumper.

May 13, 2017, 11:11 PM

A coot is a coot.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Technically you're a dumper.

May 13, 2017, 11:13 PM

thanks for at least agreeing with me.

You never cease to amaze me.

May 14, 2017, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Technically you're a dumper. ]

The way you behave on the P&R bored and the way you behave here are diametrically opposites. Here you are one of my favorite posters, always positive and confirming with a heart of pure (orange) gold.

You're right, he is a dumper. We struggled for decades against those who could find nothing good about Clemson. After three of the worst decades of coaching failures we were blessed with the best in the business, Dabo. After a slow, systematic process of building the top NCAA football program we still have dumpers. Some people, huh?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell'em Coot!

May 13, 2017, 11:14 PM

SMDH

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The problem with "realists" is that they are usually very

May 13, 2017, 11:35 PM

negative and their opinions are no more "real" than anyone else's. They only throw out the term "realism" as a self supporting means of justifying their pessimistic outlook.

Re: The problem with "realists" is that they are usually very

May 14, 2017, 8:41 AM

That is not true. It's not pessimistic to say Clemsons bullpen sucks right now. That is a realistic statement, but if you say that then you're called a coot. BOTTOM LINE is this, people on here only want to discuss the games when we're winning and when we are losing, they just say oh well the future looks bright with Monte. It's ridiculous. Facts are facts. People on here don't like to accept them

May 14, 2017, 11:15 AM

It's also a fact that we're playing the second ranked team in the country that has only lost 6 games this year.

But facts are facts and what not.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2017, 1:38 PM

What's Nevada ranked? Just curious???

Re: How come the people who are realists are called coots?

May 13, 2017, 11:43 PM

Hey, Coot - You're a Realist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, Coot - You're a Realist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 13, 2017, 11:46 PM

Hey, Coot - You're a Realist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea about any of your posts, but it's hugely

May 14, 2017, 12:10 AM

annoying to start a thread about people not responding well to your opinions. If you can't handle people not liking your opinions, don't share your opinions. It's lame enough we all argue with each other over the internet... it's 5x as lame to make a thread like this.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2017, 12:17 AM

I will put it like this. I dont usually get down calling other posters coot. However you do not ever seem to say a whole lot positive about CU athletics. We all have moments where we vent or point put mistakes, but there are limits. Are you a bit burgundy or whatever color they call SC Chickens? I don't know, but someone who is always negative is rarely appreciated by anyone.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whale. I'm going to be honest with you.

May 14, 2017, 12:21 AM

You are posting in a football forum. Our football team is the greatest football team in the country. That there, sir, is realism at its finest.

We really are #1.

Re: Whale. I'm going to be honest with you.

May 14, 2017, 12:31 AM

I know. I love football.

Sure you do, coot!***

May 14, 2017, 8:04 AM

First rule of TNet fight club

May 14, 2017, 1:18 AM

Never let it be known that something gets under your skin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2017, 5:58 AM

Define realist. Is realist someone who posts an opinion and gets called out? Are you calling yourself a realist??? Just getting the rules straight.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2017, 6:42 AM

A realist is someone who looks at our basketball program,and realizes it's not going to change under the present coaching staff.
Clemson made the necessary changes to both football,and baseball.and we have seen positive results.
The same can't be said about basketball.
Oh,and I like Brad Brownell.
But at some point you need to make a change.
That realism,in my opinion.

May 14, 2017, 7:08 AM

And being the "realist" that you are, what do you propose to do? Do you think you can fire Brad and hire, oh say, Calipari or a big name coach to come in and all of a sudden out recruit the Duke's and UNC's of the conference? There is being a realist and there is being an optimist and if a realist doesn't agree with the optimist, then the realist starts downplaying the optimist opinion by throwing out that he is NOT a realist.

LOL Hope you followed that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2020, 6:07 PM

It's not my decision to fire Brad.
And I'm being as realist when I say that.And I don't recall saying anything about out recruiting Duke.
It's the same when Tommy Bowden was fired,or let go.
You have to take the program in a different direction.
Now if you want my opinion,I'll tell you what I think.
But I'm not so dumb as to make the call as to which coach we hire.
I'll leave that to Terry Don.Oh wait,it's no longer Terry Don,it's the Rad man.
And that is a realistic statement?

Realism is your opinion doesn't count.***

May 14, 2017, 7:57 AM [ in reply to Re: How come the people who are realists are called coots? ]

A realist is someone who is

May 14, 2017, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Re: How come the people who are realists are called coots? ]

keeping it real

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2017, 6:15 AM

Best to ignore or you'll be a walk on for quite a while and never get any serious feedback.

May 14, 2017, 6:39 AM

If it helps any I have been called a coot more times than Carter has little liver pills.
Thing is the people calling you( or I) a coot are the ignorant ones because they don't know you.
Let them remain ignorant.
It's like sticks and stones.

May 14, 2017, 7:06 AM

Hence, a realist. Right leftie? Lol

May 14, 2017, 9:20 AM

Right.
No,make that left.That's why my nickname is Leftie.

Please allow me to be a realist- coot!***

May 14, 2017, 6:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please allow me to be a realist- coot!***

May 14, 2017, 7:56 AM

I woke up this morning and the dog peed on the carpet, the house payment is late, have a headache from drinking last night, and my wife is fussing at me for drinking to much last night. Now that's reality!!

"I learned to quit calling names in 6th grade...

May 14, 2017, 7:00 AM

but this guy has the brain of a peanut!"

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess character assassination is alright

May 14, 2017, 7:47 AM

"I learned to quit calling people names in the 6th grade, but some people like clash, have the brain of a peanut, and are insecure about themselves and would rather just call people names"
Must have fallen asleep in the second part of the class.
Just cause I like calling people coots don't mean my brain is big as a peanut.

Rule # 38 of TNET

May 14, 2017, 9:02 AM
wad.jpg(80.2 K)

Always keep a crowbar handy ---- in case your panties get in a wad !!!!!!!

May 14, 2017, 9:35 AM

I think the main reason you're called a coot is because you said it's ok to pull for USuCk when they went to the final 4. It doesn't get anymore cootish than that.

May 14, 2017, 10:15 AM

I only said that cause of what boulware said in regards to them making the final four, and since BB said it was ok, then I Might pull for them, for the home state, in that one instance. Does anyone else remember this ?

May 14, 2017, 10:17 AM

yeah, I remember this. If BB said to jump off a cliff and it will only hurt a little, would you do it?

May 14, 2017, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Re: How come the people who are realists are called coots? ]

no pu$$ - no one here pulls fur usuck. you are a cocklover - you are no tiger

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Because most "realists" are negative, glass half empty COOTS

May 14, 2017, 9:36 AM

This is a FAN site.

The definition of a fan is a person with an extreme and uncritical enthusiasm or zeal.

signed.

Tiger Realist

Re: Because most "realists" are negative, glass half empty COOTS

May 14, 2017, 10:18 AM

Then that sparked the whole "pull for each other" debate. Who cares, sc lost anyway in the final four. i wasn't the only one who said that they might pull for them, even tho I never did.

May 14, 2017, 10:22 AM

It's all a misunderstanding created by a typo.
coots aren't REALISTS. coots are REELISTS, as in fishin' gear. Now if you want to get specific, you could say they are drunk, unbathed, belligerent, three toothed, semiliterate reelists, but that's really not necessary when you can just say coot and everybody understands what you mean. For the record, "coot" should never be capitalized.

May 14, 2017, 10:35 AM

I get the exact same result every time I pull for a coot.......the wishbone snaps.

May 14, 2017, 11:14 AM

Because you aren't solving anything, you just sound like a #####. Idk why you think you are special because you have pointed out that there is a "problem". The baseball team has lost a few in a row, so obviously people are going to be unhappy. So you go to a message board full of clemson fans and start screaming there's a problem. What do you think is going to happen? Did you want everybody to call you a genius? Baseball is a funny game, sometimes you just run in to some bad luck. Just like at the beginning of the year clemson had a lot of good luck with walk off wins. But you bitching and saying that there is a problem is doing nothing to fix anything, it just makes you look stupid bc anybody can say there's a problem when #### hits the fan. By the way, you aren't a realist or whatever you think you are. You are a coot. You pop up when things are not going as great as they usually do for clemson in every sport, and disappear when clemson is on top of the world again and hope that it will all end soon.

No such thing as a "realist" coot

May 14, 2017, 12:00 PM

HTH

I've long preferred the term ....

May 14, 2017, 12:06 PM

"chickentroll".....while a bit longer to type, it encompasses much more ground

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did you get the answer your wanted cocklover?

May 14, 2017, 12:18 PM

i am a "realist" - and being a "realist" requires one to get "real." and you are a "really" a troll and no one cares. we all know who you girls are and yet you continue your stupidity on this bored.

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic