Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So what would constitute a disappointment for this season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

So what would constitute a disappointment for this season

Aug 14, 2018, 1:13 PM

Preface by saying: we are all lucky to be Clemson fans and be able to enjoy this upcoming season. Hopefully all will go as we want and everyone stays healthy. Every game is a treat for us and we should enjoy them no matter what happens.

Now to reality:
We want to win. We want to destroy uscJR. We want to win division. We want to win ACC. We want to win CFP. We want to win National Championship. We want to go 15-0.

This is a unique time for this team. Clemson has amazing defense plus amazing offense plus excellent special teams (kickers) plus top tier skills players plus dominant front line plus excellent coaching. Never has a Clemson team been so loaded, deep and talented across the board. We nitpick for weaknesses and have one in lack of depth in secondary. Maybe unproven with many WRs. Maybe wondering if Oline can be dominant vs above average.

From defense to offense to special teams to skill positions to difference makers to coaching to even the schedule, this season appears to be presenting a very special opportunity for Clemson.

If everything stays as it is right now, i.e. players health remain constant throughut season, should 15-0 be expected?

So I ask you to respond... what would constitute a disappointment for this season?
Not winning the national championship?
Not going 15-0?

WOW!!!!! What a time to be a Tiger... if it is either of those two things as what will mark a disappointment for not reaching preseason football expectations!!!!

This year will be fun. Go Tigers!!!! Find a way to exceed all expectations.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

with the team we have loaded its nat title or bust***

Aug 14, 2018, 1:14 PM

Interesting topic

Aug 14, 2018, 2:53 PM

You're bound to get a few opinions. :) Great post.

For me, it's National Championship or bust. This team is so talented, experienced, and loaded that's just my expectation. As we sit here today we're literally 3-deep at almost every position and we haven't even played a game yet.

Because of this, the margin for error for this team is larger than any other Clemson team I can remember. I'm not sure if we'll go undefeated, but I'd be shocked if we didn't make the playoff again.

This team is so stacked I'll go out on a limb and say that unless the coaching staff screws up the QB situation we're going to be the best team in the country when it counts, at the end of the season.

I want to play 'Bama for the NC and beat them badly. I think this team has the right stuff, but only time will tell.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Losing to FSU, missing out on ACCCG, and therefore, the playoffs.***

Aug 14, 2018, 1:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

^^^^or to anyone! Would love to be the first team to go

Aug 14, 2018, 4:36 PM

15-0

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No Butter Pecan dippin dots at the concessions.***

Aug 14, 2018, 1:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

8 rainy home games***

Aug 14, 2018, 1:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

How can our expectation be something that has never been

Aug 14, 2018, 2:06 PM

accomplished? 15-0 has never happened, right?

I would say a disappointment would be to not win the ACC. The ACC has never had a non-champ make the playoffs, and I think making the CFP is a reasonable expectation for this team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A loss to syracuse.***

Aug 14, 2018, 2:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Having to win a game in the fourth.***

Aug 14, 2018, 2:14 PM

Generator running out of gas at tailgate***

Aug 14, 2018, 2:21 PM

It will be disappointing if we don't make the playoff

Aug 14, 2018, 2:31 PM

I refuse to call anything beyond that a disappointment. I don't think that's fair to the coaches or the players and i don't ever want to reach the point as a fan where I'm so spoiled and entitled that i can't enjoy a run to the playoff. And as long as we keep getting there we will inevitably win some.

The day we decide who the QB is - I love reading the same

Aug 14, 2018, 2:50 PM

$H IT over and over and over again.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

I'll be some level of disappointed if the team didn't

Aug 14, 2018, 3:00 PM

make the playoff. I'd say expectations were not met if no ACC Championship.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So what would constitute a disappointment for this season

Aug 14, 2018, 10:52 PM

Anything short of a national championship would be a disappointment. This team is perhaps the most talented from top to bottom we've ever had. The biggest question seems to be can we live up to all the hype we're getting. I have confidence that Dabo and staff can keep them focused and I can't wait to see the season unfold. Go Tigers!

Probably not reasonable, but I'll be disappointed

Aug 14, 2018, 11:33 PM

If we don't win the natty

I want to see Dabo get a run started thst rivals Saban's

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any of the following

Aug 14, 2018, 11:44 PM

Huge Disappointment:
Not winning division
Not beating USCar
Losing two or more regular season games

Large Disappointment:
Not winning ACC
Not making playoffs
Losing a home game

Moderate Disappointment:
Not winning National Championship
Losing @ TAMU, FSU, or BC as only loss (but still winning division)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So what would constitute a disappointment for this season

Aug 15, 2018, 7:35 AM

The biggest disappointment would be any player/s showing a total lapse in judgment off the field like Lakip & Cain or Fuller & Johnson.

Second would be a night where only a handful of players seem to remember it's game time and not just some random scrimmage. We haven't beaten ourselves many times in the last 5 years, but we still have to guard against that.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic