Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How can one blame the players for phoning it in when
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,677

How can one blame the players for phoning it in when

Feb 7, 2017, 11:29 PM

the coaching staff apparently has.

They admit the players don't play defense. They admit the players don't buy into what the coaches are teaching. But those players are playing.

They admit they don't know who is on the floor and who is not at the end of the game.

The only question is whether DRad is prepared for this. Does he have a go-to plan in mind. Two coaches leave the football team....Dabo executes plan already in place. We'll see what DRad does. I am suspecting nothing program changing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How can one blame the players for phoning it in when

Feb 7, 2017, 11:31 PM

Well, if the federal appeals court can do it then I guess they can too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2017, 11:33 PM

The players are only giving effort on offense. Defense is purely coaching and effort and that is where this team struggles the most.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When NC got more offensive rebounds than we got total

Feb 7, 2017, 11:43 PM

rebounds, and the exact same players played the next game, we knew it was over. If a player can loaf and play, he will loaf and play. That is where we are. We continue or change. DRad is a good admin guy. We will see if he has a plan for this. I am suspecting not. We'll see.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Talk about kicking a man when he's down....***

Feb 8, 2017, 12:01 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You only have 12 players

Feb 8, 2017, 12:03 AM

who else are you playing?

I appreciate the point you're making.

Feb 8, 2017, 12:13 AM

I don't blame the players for this loss. They played tough today. They hung with and almost beat a better team. I also don't want to blame Brownell but it's for a different reason.

I don't want to blame Brownell because I feel that the writing is on the wall for him. It's hard for many to accept that a man may lose his job. But he should be held accountable for his results.

It's kind of like watching a guy on his way out of a job that you know he shouldn't be in. But you know he tried his best. But you don't want to seem too excited about a guy being unemployed. I hope he lands on his feet because it's going to take a real miracle to turn this season around after all of the expectations.

Right. My post was not a personal anti Brownell statement.

Feb 8, 2017, 12:56 AM

We can all agree that we wanted a man like him to succeed. And tonight was a good effort, though we lost at the end for somewhat the same reasons we lost all the other games.

A poster above asked "who else would you play?" Not a good question. Many of us have played on 12 man teams, and we know every player knew what was expected in order to play, and none of those expectations was stat line, future ability or anything like that. You played defense and rebounded or you didnt play. You ran the offense or you didnt play. Coach never had to say to a reporter, "We had guys doing their own thing on offense. And I cant get them to buy into playing defense." He didnt have to say that because if that was you, you were on the bench. He would hold more student tryouts before letting a lazy player on the floor. The coach has to be willing to do that, or the players wont do it. For some reason Brownell forfeited that platform and he cant get it back.

And that has to be changed. I know past CBB teams have been good defensively. But with little to show for it. I dont see a path forward. If there is one, what is it?

If the answer is Legend Robertin and walk ons

Feb 8, 2017, 6:45 AM

well, pretty sure that's not the answer. Last night, and most losses this year weren't about effort. It was execution. Mental more than physical.

It's just broken all the way around, and benching guys isn't changing anything.

to suggest the coaches have phoned it in is stupid...

Feb 8, 2017, 12:57 AM

and blatantly so.

If a coach watches his team give up more offensive

Feb 8, 2017, 1:06 AM

rebounds than they got total rebounds, and later stands in front of a mic and says his players wont play D, wont buy into the system, and "do their own thing" on offense, he's phoning it in. That doesnt happen with coaches who implement higher expectations. The list of coaches who never had that problem is too long to think otherwise. This didnt 'just happen'.

There is talent on this roster

Feb 8, 2017, 1:12 AM

Blossomgame is projected a 1st round pick for god's sake. There is no question this is on the coaches.

Re: There is talent on this roster

Feb 8, 2017, 5:32 AM

was. I doubt he is anymore

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2017, 2:04 AM

This season is where men's basketball trends upward or Brownell pays with his job. So far, Brownell is paying with his job for this season's blunder.

Radakovich should be scouting out Brownell's successor.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,677
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic