Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How can ACC create showdown games that create opps for
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 635

How can ACC create showdown games that create opps for

Oct 29, 2014, 8:24 AM

teams to prove themselves head to head throughout the season. This is a key to the SEC success at staying in the polls. Loses can be overcome with showdown wins. We do not have this.

ACC Benefits. Sigh.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How can ACC create showdown games that create opps for

Oct 29, 2014, 8:29 AM

Like i said- get better. FSU - cu only marquee matchup in conference. Other good games but not national implications. Just watched 1990 highlights of Clemson at GT. They held on to beat us cause our qb took a sack and knocked us just out of fg range. GT was #1 in a few polls. The article on the game immediately went to their showdown in 2 weeks with # 3 UVA. We don't have that anymore.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Clemson has to fend for itself on this.

Oct 29, 2014, 8:36 AM

Drop teams like SC State and Ga State and look for ways to add teams who could be in the playoff mix at the end. We need to create our own showdowns with teams outside our weak conference opponents.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This latest poll proves the big OOC games are a joke(myth)

Oct 29, 2014, 11:33 AM

Who have those highly rate SEC west teams played ?

The last weekend of the regular season is usually their

Oct 29, 2014, 8:46 AM

opportunity. This year a little less so with Florida and South Carolina being down. GT can make a statement against UGA.

I see what you mean about "throughout the season" now.

Oct 29, 2014, 8:47 AM

That's simply a matter of having more good teams in the conference.

Or we could "magically" overrate them like y'all do...If

Oct 29, 2014, 11:56 AM

we could manufacture a couple of "Top 10" wins like the teams that beat you and TAMU, it sure would help

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2014, 9:00 AM

kill the divisions and have the best two teams in the entire conference play in the ACC championship game, regardless if they played each other earlier in season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2014, 11:29 AM

Agree

Restructure football divisions along the lines of

Oct 29, 2014, 11:47 AM

English soccer - 'Premier' and 'Champions'. Rotate the best and worst from each division every two years. This provides the league's better teams an opportunity to play each other more often through the season, build better resumes, and produce more appealing league games more often.

With this format you could better expand to a 9-game league season, with the 'Premier' team being awarded the 5th league home game each year against a 'Champions' division team.

Better games more often, tougher schedules though nothing like a Murderer's Row because it IS still the ACC, even playing field for top programs, more league inventory, and 'football' schools don't get screwed out of quality OOC scheduling or home games if the league ever did expand its schedule anyway, which is going to keep coming up the closer we get to trying to launch a network.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, for starters

Oct 29, 2014, 11:50 AM

we could consider not crapping the bed against FSU on a regular basis.

But I'm just spitballin'.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Replies: 10
| visibility 635
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic