Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Trevor Lawrence, nation's top player for 2018, breaks down Clemson and Georgia
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

New Story: Trevor Lawrence, nation's top player for 2018, breaks down Clemson and Georgia

Jul 13, 2016, 8:05 AM

Trevor Lawrence, nation's top player for 2018, breaks down Clemson and Georgia

And then there were two. The nation’s top-rated player and quarterback for the 2018 recruiting cycle (according to 247) tweeted out his top two schools Tuesday evening, with Clemson and Georgia making the cut. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach Streeter needs to finish skrong....***

Jul 13, 2016, 8:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So this is what they mean when they say

Jul 13, 2016, 8:16 AM

"An embarrassment of riches?" ??

Do you mean "We too deep"?***

Jul 13, 2016, 8:27 AM

I don't understand how he can like ThUGA's offense...

Jul 13, 2016, 8:46 AM

No one knows what it's going to look like. It's a completely new staff and there is no guarantee it's going to look the same in three years. Ours has changed completely since CDS got the job!

Re: I don't understand how he can like ThUGA's offense...

Jul 13, 2016, 8:58 AM

Interestingly enough, there's quite a few concepts I see from his high school film that translate directly to our offense. Lawrence definitely would be a very good fit in the offense we run with his escapability, athleticism, and overall arm talent.

Jul 13, 2016, 9:03 AM

Such thing as too deep at QB? Hunter is a year away which means one of the nations top 2 qbs, 2 years in a row wouldnt start for a college team.. Might hurt our chances no?

Don't think it matters.***

Jul 13, 2016, 9:09 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Jul 13, 2016, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't understand how he can like ThUGA's offense... ]

That's what I thought when I watched his tape. He's very mobile and throws well rolling to either side. He runs better than I expected and he's slippery in the backfield. Very poised. Stretches plays ans makes good decisions. He's no blazer but he runs much better than I expected from the pro-style rumblings. Reminds me a lot of DW actually.

Jul 13, 2016, 5:45 PM

Reminded me of DW as well! Very athletic, calm under pressure, strong arm and makes plays out of nothing! I would love to see him in Orange!!!

Jul 13, 2016, 9:11 AM [ in reply to I don't understand how he can like ThUGA's offense... ]

Not just that, but UGA will be playing Bama style offense. More running, less throwing and less plays.

He has better receivers to throw to at Clemson and he would put up DW numbers or more.

TBH, it would make more sense for him to go to Clemson and know that he has a chance at a national title every year he plays.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Jul 13, 2016, 11:27 AM

In a interview with the Clemson Insider on June 16, TL's Dad says that Trevor really likes the Clemson coaching staff and especially how young and energetic they are. He followed that with how much he likes Clemson's offense because it's the same one he runs in high school and that that familiarity helps a lot

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^this^^^

Jul 13, 2016, 8:43 PM [ in reply to I don't understand how he can like ThUGA's offense... ]

Our offenses aren't even on the same planet. If he can't see that he's delusional. Feels comfortable with the coaches? Isn't it a totally new - and unproven - coaching staff?

How big are those recievers?***

Jul 13, 2016, 9:19 AM

Re: How big are those recievers?***

Jul 13, 2016, 9:41 AM

I think Georgia will build their offense around him.Our depth chart is really deep with the addition of Johnson and Chase Brice. I'll be surprised to see us gain any commitments at qb over the next 2 sesons.

You never know. DW came to us with 4* Cole Stoudt & 4*ChadKelly***

Jul 13, 2016, 12:26 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Didnt know UGA was deep too. I think he'll learn more with us hands down***

Jul 13, 2016, 2:42 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: New Story: Trevor Lawrence, nation's top player for 2018, breaks down Clemson and Georgia

Jul 13, 2016, 3:12 PM

I know that a lot of people say that we are loaded at QB and that may be a problem for Trevor. I will say this, if he has a huge heart and believes that he is as good or better than any QB we have committed, he would want to prove that he is better and would come and prove it. People that have been telling him how good he is, and he feels that he is that good or better, he won't care who is in front of him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic