Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How are you going to stop Hunter Renfrow?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

How are you going to stop Hunter Renfrow?

Dec 22, 2017, 8:04 AM

I'll admit I've been quite busy the last couple months and haven't been following Clemson football as much during the week as I have in years past, so maybe I keep missing it, but before each game, I keep waiting for the question or story about how our opponent plans to stop Hunter Renfrow. Of course, no game would I expect this to be the most important question that against Alabama, a team he has torched two years in a row. A team that seems to have no strategy (or maybe interest) in stopping him.

I feel like I should be upset about the lack of respect he gets. Maybe it's because it doesn't seem to bother him that it doesn't bother me as much as I'd think it would the more I dwell on what he has helped Clemson accomplish the three years he's played. Sure he gets an article here and there about his backstory and his contributions, but not the kind of stories a star player gets.

Is it because he is so low key, let's his play do the talking for him, because he's so short, because he is white, because he was a walk on, didn't have many stars coming out of high school, doesn't score enough TDs, because his name is Hunter Renfrow? I guess he did get 3rd Team All-ACC this year, still to me a slap in the face if you think about the value he brings to our team.

Not only does he make big time catches downfield, clutch grabs on a third down just past the chains, and TDs in our biggest playoff games, he does so much more. He doesn't drop the easy passes you often see from other receivers, the kind of drop that kills momemtum, affects a QB's rhythm, causes the OC to rethink the next play he had planned, deflates the crowd, etc. He steals the attention from defenders that allows other receivers to get open, or allows KB to take off running in a more open field. He makes blocks that allow our running backs to get extra yards and knows when to not hold the block too long and get penalized. The more I think about it, this year he has shown us something new - the ability to make yards after the catch and after contact, the will to get another yard or two to get the all important first down. It makes me wonder if he had this ability all along, but understood the importance of not risking a turnover to get extra yardage when he already had enough for the first down. He understands the importance of keeping our offense on the field and keeping the drive alive.

Maybe reporters feel they won't be taken seriously if they ask this as the most important question heading into the Sugar Bowl. Maybe they still think he just happened to be in the right places at the right times in the games he excelled. Maybe they don't understand the statistical impossibility to just be in the right place at the right time hundreds of times over the course of several dozen games. Maybe this is just the type of respect Hunter Renfrow wants and uses to exert his dominance.

The only other question I would have is this: is it safe to say the over/under on Hunter Renfrow TD's in the Sugar Bowl is set at 2?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alabama will have to do the opposite of this

Dec 22, 2017, 8:15 AM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zTTSXWh5tWc

I heard "Hunter Renfrow won't break free tonight"

Dec 22, 2017, 8:27 AM

Greg McElroy last National Championship

Re: How are you going to stop Hunter Renfrow?

Dec 22, 2017, 8:30 AM

Graduation or going pro early!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How are you going to stop Hunter Renfrow?

Dec 22, 2017, 8:34 AM

Best I can tell is Nicky needs a time machine ...head back to 2012 Myrtle Beachland and go ahead and offer Hunter Renfrow a scholly .
That way he never walks on at Clemson and becomes the Elephant Hunter that he is today .

Only realistic solution I could see .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

he's the ultimate

Dec 22, 2017, 8:40 AM

perfect-fit-piece-role-player player and pound for pound inch for inch gets the max out of himself. That is what you hope for but rarely get in a player. I think 3rd team ACC is very admirable for him. I look forward to more clutch catches from him and perhaps another highlight reel play or two in the next two games.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic