Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Orange Bowl ticket sales
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Football Update: Orange Bowl ticket sales

Dec 16, 2011, 10:45 AM

Orange Bowl ticket sales

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This sucks. TV networks want the game during mid-week

Dec 16, 2011, 10:54 AM

and now there's low turnout and Clemson gets stuck with over a $1million loss. What a crock. The travel allowance for Clemson going to the OB is not even $2mill and now over half of that is going to be burned by having to pay for these unsold tickets.

So, let me get this straight...

Dec 16, 2011, 10:57 AM

We'll lose money for being ACC champions while teams from our conference that didn't qualify for a bowl game will profit?

What am I missing here?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Overall Clemson will still profit from going to

Dec 16, 2011, 10:59 AM

a bowl game. The ACC will also reimburse Clemson for most (if not all) the money lost in ticket sales.

If only those tickets were for good seats,

Dec 16, 2011, 10:58 AM

Clemson fans might have bought them instead of buying from other sources. This system is total crap. Somehow I can bet there will be more than 8,000 Clemson fans there.

Broken system

Dec 16, 2011, 11:06 AM

Tickets on Stub Hub for the upper deck are now less than $50 and dropping. Ordering from the schools doesn't make sense for people on a budget. It's not fair to punish the schools.

There needs to be reform.

true, but I think the schools need to remember that and take

Dec 16, 2011, 11:17 AM

it into consideration

remember what and take what into consideration?

Dec 16, 2011, 3:21 PM

I'm not sure what you want the schools to do differently

That's what happens when the game is on a ####

Dec 16, 2011, 11:20 AM

Wednesday.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Evidence of a broken system.

Dec 16, 2011, 11:35 AM

If bowls can't sell their own tickets, let the bowls die off. Imagine if this were a first round playoff game at WVU or Clemson. It would have sold out in less than a day.
I know, that's crazy talk.

As long as it wasn't on a Wednesday!***

Dec 16, 2011, 12:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Football Update: Orange Bowl ticket sales

Dec 16, 2011, 11:52 AM

Can someone provide an updated # of tickets sold through Clemson / iptay??? Are they still around 5,600 sold and 8,000 total counting the band and staff comp tickets??? I heard yesterday around 9,700 sold but can't find a link. If Clemson sells 10,000 I think it's a win win.

I know this does not help now but

Dec 16, 2011, 12:35 PM

the 2013 Orange Bowl is on Jan. 1. The National Championship is on Jan. 7 hosted by the Orange Bowl Committee. If you purchased tickets through the Orange Bowl this year, you will have an opportunity to purchase Orange Bowl AND National Championship tickets. The latter would be a good stub hub opportunity!

This isn't uncommon for the BCS Bowls

Dec 16, 2011, 12:45 PM

Auburn went in the hole over $600,000 last season in the title game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Auburn didn't go in the hole from lack of ticket sales

Dec 16, 2011, 1:08 PM

That was from expenses while they were there. Flying everybody and their brother to the game, etc.

Re: This isn't uncommon for the BCS Bowls

Dec 16, 2011, 2:37 PM [ in reply to This isn't uncommon for the BCS Bowls ]

But I think most of that went to Cam Newton. There was an incentive in his contract that if he got the to the national championship, he would get another 180k.

My take, FWIW

Dec 16, 2011, 3:06 PM

1. Orange Bowl gives the universities crappy seats in the upper bowl end zone.
2. Fans know this and seek tickets elsewhere.
3. IPTAY mishandled the ACC Championship Game ticket distribution allowing every IPTAY member to apply for tickets, but they couldn't deliver.
4. Fans suffered and would not suffer again.
5. The game is midweek when people cannot just take off and go.

This is my experience. But, I am headed to the Orange Bowl on January 4, 2012. GO TIGERS!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Dec 17, 2011, 11:54 AM

Its bad enough that a BCS game is on a Wednesday, especially since Clemson fans travel so well. However, people who have not bought tickets should quit making excuses, get off their lazy butts, and find a way to go to the game. With the exception of sickness and death, there is no excuse for fair weather fans.....We've been ###ching about this for long enough.....THIS CURRENT PROGAM AND TEAM DESERVE TO HAVE PEOPLE GO OUT AND STRETCH THEMSELVES TO MAKE THE TRIP. I'll buy you a ticket!

Dec 17, 2011, 11:56 AM

Dont you dare call yourself a die-hard fan if you havent TRIED to make this trip. I'm disgusted with all of you who are not going (with the two exceptions I mentioned).

blow me

Dec 17, 2011, 12:09 PM

i can't afford to go to miami
is that good enough for you

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can drive to my house and I will provide an Orange

Dec 17, 2011, 12:12 PM

Bowl experience for you. TXTF will not be invited.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

will rh be there too***

Dec 17, 2011, 12:13 PM

Sure, all lungers invited...minus TXTF***

Dec 17, 2011, 12:14 PM

i'll shower and sneak out the basement window***

Dec 17, 2011, 12:16 PM

How about you lobby to my company to grant me more

Dec 17, 2011, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Orange Bowl ticket sales ]

PTO so I can go? Also lobby to my client that we should push our deadline back so I can go to the game?

Dec 17, 2011, 8:11 PM

This is a result of letting ESecPN designating game times, and it is all about the TV $$$. When you put a game on in mid week, after the Holidays are over, you cannot expect a huge crowd. I hope all the sponsors take a look at the empty seats and tell the EsecPN idiots that it really is about the fans, and if it isn't friendly to the schedules of the fans, it really is not a good decision to play the game at that time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic