Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How about James Thurn as football announcer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

How about James Thurn as football announcer

Apr 30, 2014, 10:04 PM

Remember those thrilling high school calls? Yes that makes Munson sound like Pat Summeral compared to Thurn? But Don Munson? Wow that is big time step down, he is very boring

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's hard to believe a school like Clemson would hire

Apr 30, 2014, 10:14 PM

someone that isn't currently doing play by play for a football team.

Clemson could have went out and hired some high quality, national type play by play guy if they really wanted to do so.

There are probably 100 quality play by play guys at smaller colleges across the country with years of experience doing football that would have sold their left arm to get a job at Clemson.

Clemson has made the same mistake that we did at South Carolina - hired a 100% homer guy to be the face of the program with respect to play by play - and both hired guys that don't belong in the job.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said

Apr 30, 2014, 10:35 PM

I have to give you a +1 for being straight up and honest about Todd Ellis.

My wife's family listens to Ellis call the Carolina games. They think he's great.

I almost jumped out of my mother-in-law's moving car one night because of Todd Ellis having verbal ####### everytime Clowney had a tackle for loss.

I understand being excited and proud... but tone it down a notch.

You need a commentator that is a professional, not a crazed fan. Someone that calls a game for what it's worth.

Don't know enough about Munson to make any kind of evaluation. Heard him call a couple of baseball innings years ago. If he's on par with Ellis, then the only play-by-play going on in my house will be me yelling at the tv.

~JKB

Plenty of us don't like Ellis as a PBP guy at all

May 1, 2014, 6:18 AM

Most of my fellow fans think he should have been the color commentator- and former basketball and baseball PBP guy Mike Morgan should have been the PBY guy.

There isn't one other major school in the country that would want Todd Ellis or Don Munson as their play by play guys.

Agreed

May 2, 2014, 9:52 AM

From my experience NOBODY loves Ellis, and I would think the majority is either indifferent or would be fine replacing him.

Re: Plenty of us don't like Ellis as a PBP guy at all

May 2, 2014, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Plenty of us don't like Ellis as a PBP guy at all ]

What do you care? What dog do you have in this fight?

Other than your butt buddie made a fool of himself again and you feel the need to defend the one eyed parrot

Re: It's hard to believe a school like Clemson would hire

May 2, 2014, 9:49 AM [ in reply to It's hard to believe a school like Clemson would hire ]

You posted the same thing on the badapple

Give it up Teddy and go back to FGF Oh that's right even FGF can't stand your spin

It's sad when you can't post on your own board

he's not a bad football announcer

May 2, 2014, 12:48 PM

but not experienced before

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic