Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How To Salvage The Season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1

How To Salvage The Season

Jan 12, 2019, 9:05 PM

I had to go back to the archives and extract some of my posts from like 5 years ago ...

-Take it to the hoop. Chances are very good you will get fouled if not make shot and have the opportunity to make TWO free throws aka "foul shots" (2 points) with the clock stopped. Bonus opportunity IF you make the shot and get fouled ... you STILL get the opportunity to a shoot ONE "free throw" for ONE bonus point !
- Related to above, make the "free" shots above (each shot only worth 1 pt though)
- BLOCK OUT. This move is shielding your foe from the "inside position" that is towards the basket. If you are first in line towards the basket you have a much greater chance of getting the bouncing ball if shot is missed. Its a position thing
-FOLLOW your shot. When shooting the ball, it is good to follow or chase the shot as it projects towards the basket. Since you shot the ball you have the geometry to perhaps the have best chance to retrieve an errant shot. This is a physics thing
- It is important to make "EZ" shots ie layups, 3 ft jumpers, more advanced skill is the "open look 3 pointer". Its a fundamental skill best obtained through repetitive muscle memory exercises aka "practice".
- Play defense with reckless abandon. After all, if you prevent your foe from putting the ball in the basket, yet you put the ball in the basket, simple linear algebra says the math progression results in you scoring more points then your opponent, and the result is called a "win", because the prime directive is to score more points then your foe in the allotted period of time, this the term "Win"

There is more, but these are the basics. Do these things and be glad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic