Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
WANT TO MAKE A LIE SEEM TRUE? SAY IT AGAIN. AND AGAIN. AND A
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

WANT TO MAKE A LIE SEEM TRUE? SAY IT AGAIN. AND AGAIN. AND A

Mar 29, 2019, 9:04 AM

YOU ONLY USE 10 percent of your brain. Eating carrots improves your eyesight. Vitamin C cures the common cold. Crime in the United States is at an all-time high.

None of those things are true.

But the facts don't actually matter: People repeat them so often that you believe them. Welcome to the “illusory truth effect,” a glitch in the human psyche that equates repetition with truth. Marketers and politicians are masters of manipulating this particular cognitive bias

Democrats with the use of the MSM, a part of the DNC, are masters of this.

They bark out their nightly key phrase every night and they all jump on. You can go to CNN, MSNBC, Washinton Post, Politico, Huffington Post.......All the Dem politicians too

They all have that same phrase and repeat it over and over and over. Their base just eats it up

They can't control Trumps twitter and it just kills them.

Artsy people tend to be very liberal and they also dominate the literary world. Pushing their agenda.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey, to paraphrase Newsroom speech guy

Mar 29, 2019, 9:06 AM

if Democrats are so goshdang awesome how come they lose so goshdang always?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey, to paraphrase Newsroom speech guy

Mar 29, 2019, 9:14 AM

They don't. Got Obama in for 8 years. They have just pushed so far left that they alienate the center.

Something else I forgot in the original post. There were lots of Trump supporters who were quiet about it because of all the vicious attacks (verbal included).

It is very hard to have a civil conversation with most progressives. "they're right and you're wrong" they don't want to discuss

But most conservatives are very open minded to

Mar 29, 2019, 9:16 AM

progressive ideas and discussion?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But most conservatives are very open minded to

Mar 29, 2019, 9:20 AM

We may disagree but most you can have a civil exchange if it is a two way street

It is quite hilarious

Mar 29, 2019, 10:31 AM

That the party lining up behind Trump is somehow begging for civil discourse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awwww. You started off so well.

Mar 29, 2019, 9:16 AM

And then you went straight partisan.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Awwww. You started off so well.

Mar 29, 2019, 9:22 AM

It is what it is

I did point out that Trump is using the repeat, repeat strategy as well and very effectively I might add. It just kills them because until now the MSM has been able to control most of the message.

Re: WANT TO MAKE A LIE SEEM TRUE? SAY IT AGAIN. AND AGAIN. AND A

Mar 29, 2019, 9:27 AM

NJDEV6 said:

YOU ONLY USE 10 percent of your brain. Eating carrots improves your eyesight. Vitamin C cures the common cold. Crime in the United States is at an all-time high.

None of those things are true.

But the facts don't actually matter: People repeat them so often that you believe them. Welcome to the “illusory truth effect,” a glitch in the human psyche that equates repetition with truth. Marketers and politicians are masters of manipulating this particular cognitive bias

Republicans with the use of talk radio , a part of the GOP, are masters of this.

They bark out their key phrase 24 -7 and they all jump on. You can go to FOXNews, Limbaugh, Breitbart, .......All the Pub politicians too

They all have that same phrase and repeat it over and over and over. Their base just eats it up

They can't control AOC’s mouth and it just kills them.

Rich old white people people tend to be very greedy and they also dominate the financial world. Pushing their agenda.

This is fun!

The idea that the MSN is the devil is another classic example of your illusory truth effect.

Starting off in all caps is another cliche tactic

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2019, 10:15 AM

I cut a pasted it - knew someone would complain about caps and not focus on content - good deflect try

Did you not notice all the edits I made to your post

Mar 29, 2019, 11:57 AM

All caps comment was an afterthought

Now you tell me you just C&P

Good lord why did I waste my time?

Re: Did you not notice all the edits I made to your post

Mar 29, 2019, 2:41 PM

Yes, the top section is. Unlike you, I am not an expert in everything but intelligent enough to do some research and add that into my response.

Is somebody after you? Did they take

Mar 29, 2019, 10:00 AM

your lollipop? Call you a bad name after you tried to bully them? What gives?

This is not, in any shape or form, cognitive thought process. While you rail against a boogeyman, you seem quite content in doing just what you're railing against.

"I hate being wet!".....while running around outside in the rain.

How I read your post

Mar 29, 2019, 10:29 AM

First Part : Folks repeat things that may or may not be true in order to make them assumed knowledge

Second Part : Here, let me show you by repeating my "assumed" knowledge that the left is the primary user of this method

Interesting tact there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2019, 12:36 PM

"Artsy people tend to be very liberal and they also dominate the literary world. Pushing their agenda."

Is this a fact? or does that not matter? If you repeat it often enough do you think everyone will believe it.

How about this one? Rich old white dudes that live in gated communities in Hilton Head don't give a sh*t if people's access to affordable health care is jeopardized.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2019, 2:37 PM

Name one thing that the Government runs more efficiently than the free market.

Healthcare solutions are not solved by creating a monopoly. If it was good wouldn't the politicians want it?

Let's do so real cost savers like long overdue tort reform. Ask a private doctor what percentage of their cost goes to malpractice insurance. It is 50% from what I hear. $30 million will not bring someone back to life. It just makes everyone's costs higher and the lawyers richer.

Create more competition by opening up state borders

Use emergency rooms for emergencies not because you don't have insurance

Open up the drug market so I do not have to go to the Doctor for Amoxicillin when I know I have an ear infection

More generic drugs

More online/nurse practitioners/minute clinic options that are less costly

It's the government control/red tape/regulations that increase costs in many cases

People have to have skin in the game cost wise or they just don't care about costs

Have you ever read Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle?"***

Mar 29, 2019, 2:39 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Have you ever read Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle?"***

Mar 29, 2019, 2:47 PM

I can't say that I have but just read a quick synopsis. Agree with the premise of the conditions of the day. This was the reason for Unionization and many of today's government oversight agencies. Don't think that applies much to today's conditions at least in our country.

It applies to the logic of the free market always being

Mar 29, 2019, 3:04 PM

superior. It isn't. That's proven. What we need is balance, and decentralization.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2019, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Re: WANT TO MAKE A LIE SEEM TRUE? SAY IT AGAIN. AND AGAIN. AND A ]

Name one thing that the Government runs more efficiently than the free market.

Parks
Police
Fire
Roads
Urban planning
Water
Sewer
Storm water

Do you want me to keep going? I can.

Mar 29, 2019, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Re: WANT TO MAKE A LIE SEEM TRUE? SAY IT AGAIN. AND AGAIN. AND A ]

For the record, I work(not old), don't live in a gated community and not rich

Mar 29, 2019, 4:31 PM

You talk to yourself A LOT.

Just an observation. Nothing wrong with just making one Tiggity post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic