Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not surprised. Trump major donors are receiving money meant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Not surprised. Trump major donors are receiving money meant

Jun 14, 2020, 10:22 PM

for small businesses. More facts and truth that Trumpers will reject. Your numbers are growing fewer and fewer as more people wake up. $600 Billion in Pandemic loans that Mnuchin refuses to say who got them. Unfortunately, SEC filings tell the story. Trump is crook and heads the most corrupt administration since Grant's.

Trump could pissz on your children and some Trump cultist would think that was Manna from heaven. If Obama did this you would be marching in the streets setting Wendys on fire. Pathetic.

"The loans, which are converted to grants if payroll is maintained and other, sometimes unclear, conditions are met, have been out of reach for tens of thousands of small business owners, many of whom have faced delays and denials. But PPP loans have been swiftly approved for a number of corporations whose executives have donated heavily to Trump’s campaign, Securities and Exchange Commission records show.

The largest known recipient of small business rescue money has been a set of luxury hotels run by Archie Bennett and his son Monty Bennett. The pair have obtained over $59 million in PPP funds for Ashford Hospitality Trust and Braemar Hotels & Resorts, holding companies used to own and manage a range of hotels, including the Ritz-Carlton in St. Thomas. The companies were eligible for PPP loans because the program was intentionally designed to benefit large franchise owners of restaurants and hotels operators, as long as each location employs 500 people or less.

The father and son are also megadonors who have given nearly half a million dollars to Trump since 2016 and over $1.3 million to GOP politicians and groups in recent years. The company, disclosures show, also sought professional influence."

https://theintercept.com/2020/04/24/coronavirus-small-business-loans-trump-donors-ppp/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not surprised. Trump major donors are receiving money meant

Jun 14, 2020, 10:27 PM

Great job Trump! Helping out people that actually employee other people.

Hey, Felix, post more stuff from your media matters talking point list.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2020, 10:30 PM

Are you really that blind, or are you drunk. Almost 300,000 actual small businesses couldn't get the loans, they employ people too. While Trump's major donors got millions. Actually read the story knuckle-dragger...if you dare.

Jun 14, 2020, 11:00 PM

Lots of money left in that account, sounds like those maga donors know how to fill out an application correctly. I love the “gotcha” about red states getting more loans. Duh, their businesses are actually open, they need it. I’m drunk, blind, and a knuckledragger; still own you tho.

Jun 14, 2020, 11:37 PM

Lots of money left in that account, sounds like those maga donors know how to fill out an application correctly. I love the “gotcha” about red states getting more loans. Duh, their businesses are actually open, they need it. I’m drunk, blind, and a knuckledragger; still own you tho.

Lol, in your dreams. You're a cultist for a sociopath who's tearing our country apart. You don't even own you.

That's a generic statement.

Jun 15, 2020, 12:24 AM

How is Trump tearing the Country apart? I mean, I think both parties and the Media have done their equal share, not to mention a people who dont appreciate freedom enough to respect it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's a generic statement.

Jun 15, 2020, 7:16 AM

It all starts with our "leader". He is as divisive and unpleasant as it gets. He creates division. I agree though that the media makes it worse. Trump gives them plenty of ammunition though.

How?***

Jun 15, 2020, 10:39 AM

lol

Jun 14, 2020, 11:13 PM

"If Obama did this you would be marching in the streets setting Wendys on fire. Pathetic."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lol

Jun 14, 2020, 11:43 PM

Yea Obama’s donors got nothing during his tenure. Clueless much?

Ya’ll think trump is at a terminal reviewing applications for funds and approving? Lololol.

Fools.

Re: lol

Jun 15, 2020, 12:16 PM

Yea Obama’s donors got nothing during his tenure. Clueless much?

Ya’ll think trump is at a terminal reviewing applications for funds and approving? Lololol.

Fools.

"But Obama", next it'll be "But Hillary". It's commonplace for political donors to get jobs, ambassadorships and the like from Presidents of both parties.

It is not common for millionaires and billionaire donors to get Congressionally appropriated money designated for small businesses as emergency aid during a Pandemic or Hurrican or other natural disaster. I doubt it's ever happened. It's astonishing that you defend corruption.

I wonder how much corruption did you accept from Obama?

I wonder how much corruption you will accept from Trump? Remember, he was supposed to be different from Obama and Washington but you compare his corruption to theirs seemingly without hesitation. So much for 'draining the swamp", eh?

That money to billionaires was your tax dollars too.

LOL. I love how this is a TRUMP issue...

Jun 14, 2020, 11:45 PM

We have this at every level, every administration. This is the govt having too much power, no accountability, and no transperancy. GOVT is the problem no matter which party is in charge. Idk why Democrats and Republicans dont realize theyre the exact same in principle, only different on issues.

Re: LOL. I love how this is a TRUMP issue...

Jun 14, 2020, 11:48 PM

I understand that. I pick the lesser of two evils for my personal reasons, and worship none.

Yep. Thats what a lot of people do...

Jun 14, 2020, 11:51 PM

Thats how we've been trained to think about it. It wont change until THE PEOPLE really want it to. IMO, politicians and the Media hijack every issue and turn us on one another so we dont see theyre the actual problem. But whatever, everyone calls me a conspiracy theorists and idiot.

It's definitely not just a Trump issue...

Jun 15, 2020, 9:07 AM [ in reply to LOL. I love how this is a TRUMP issue... ]

He certainly didn't create this corruption. But he has made it quite rampant and brazen, and his supporters continue to shrug it off because, well, they don't have integrity and they want Trump to be able to do anything he wants.

Dismissing it because it isn't new behavior is pretty silly, too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: It's definitely not just a Trump issue...

Jun 15, 2020, 9:41 AM

So Trump has intensified the corruption that was already in Washington? Can you provide examples?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL.

Jun 15, 2020, 8:57 AM

I could easily write the article to say major Obama donors received money meant for small businesses.

The first round of stimulus had glaring holes in eligibility. But they were eligible and got the loans. So did many other hotels, restaurant chains, etc. It wasn't intended for them, but that's how the dolts in DC write legislation these days. Rush it through and then say "oh ####" later.

I know dozens and dozens of companies who were eligible for PPP loans, applied, and received. I only know of one person who couldn't get money and that was my cousins husband who owned a gym by himself and he was the only employee. Unfortunately his business went under before the 2nd round of funding. Everyone else got funded in the 1st or 2nd round.

Btw - As mentioned, the 2nd round didn't spend all the funds.

Re: LOL.

Jun 15, 2020, 9:14 AM

"I could easily write the article to say major Obama donors received money meant for small businesses."

So that makes it okay, then?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: LOL.

Jun 15, 2020, 10:31 AM

If the businesses met the requirements for the PPP loan, then it is okay.

Why should any business be excluded from a PPP loan because of who they did, or did not, donate to?

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic