Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Tigers Rohlin' at ACC Tournament in win over top-seeded Cards
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

New Story: Tigers Rohlin' at ACC Tournament in win over top-seeded Cards

May 27, 2016, 2:03 PM

Tigers Rohlin' at ACC Tournament in win over top-seeded Cards

Senior Clate Schmidt pitched a career-high 8.2 innings in a dominating effort and Reed Rohlman hit his first two home runs of the season as sixth-seeded Clemson knocked off top-seeded Louisville 5-3 at Durham Bulls Athletic Park Friday afternoon.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Tigers Rohlin' at ACC Tournament in win over top-seeded Cards

May 27, 2016, 2:08 PM

Glad RR saved his best for now.

May 27, 2016, 2:15 PM

Yes this was a great win we can probably beat wake no problem but if Virginia beats them today then we already made it to the ACC championship. We are getting red hot at the right time.Great success in Monte Lee's first year made it to the ACC championship in baseball great achievement go tigers

May 27, 2016, 3:08 PM

Getting to the ACC championship will be an over the top amazing job for first year HC Montee Lee after taking over what I believe to be was a drug down broken Clemson baseball team!!! I believe that Jack deserves his due for keeping our baseball team near the top for so many years. But I do hate that after the game had passed him by, he let it turn into something ugly. I personally wish that Jack would have stepped down, and been involved in bringing and welcoming Monte Lee into our program. But anyway, I believe in our programs, it took a long time for our Clemson trustee's to get solidly behind our athletics to be the best that we can be with as much heart within and outside of Clemson nation, and we will be seen and known as the small school with great academics with the will to be great in athletics. Gooo Tigerssss, next, ACC Baseball championship!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2016, 2:21 PM

Nitpicking here, but it always throws me off when I see "pitched 8.2 innings"... wasn't it 8 2/3 (ie, ~8.67, not 8.2)?

Regardless, go tigers! This should lock us in for a regional. Monty really is a miracle worker (though when you have Beer, I guess it's just par for the course).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2016, 2:39 PM

We've been doing it without Beer the last couple of weeks. He's kind of been cold lately. Hopefully that HR gets him back on track. We're gonna need him

8.1, 8.2, etc have been accepted shorthand for a long time***

May 27, 2016, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers Rohlin' at ACC Tournament in win over top-seeded Cards ]

Re: 8.1, 8.2, etc have been accepted shorthand for a long time***

May 27, 2016, 4:01 PM

Interesting, thanks. I knew I'd seen it before, but didn't realize it was a common shorthand. Seems like it would make innings-pitched not add up correctly if it was entered in the database that way. Oh well!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Typesetter's friend

May 27, 2016, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers Rohlin' at ACC Tournament in win over top-seeded Cards ]

The x.1, x.2 notation is a nod to typesetting and small-print box scores and should be read to mean "and one-third" and "and two-thirds" respectively.

There would never be 6.7 innings pitched, only 6.1 or 6.2.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2016, 2:21 PM

Fantastic pitching performance! Bottom third of the lineup making an big impact, too.

Go Tigers!!

Hot at the right time of year***

May 27, 2016, 2:45 PM

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

May 27, 2016, 3:21 PM

So proud of Tigers. Bottom 1/3 of lineup has had an outstanding Tournament. Things are going right when they are on TV, but you have to leave, but can still listen till end in car, on satellite radio! Life is good for Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic