Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hoping for #5, but 3 point 2nd half offense cost us a spot.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 3,824

Hoping for #5, but 3 point 2nd half offense cost us a spot.

Oct 28, 2017, 11:38 PM

Alabama
Georgia
Ohio State
Notre Dame
Penn State
Clemson

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your Filthy Coots Might Be 25 If Your Lucky***

Oct 28, 2017, 11:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Your Filthy Coots Might Be 25 If Your Lucky***

Oct 28, 2017, 11:50 PM

Do you think any of the teams I put above Clemson in the poll could only score 3 points against GT in a 2nd half? Our defense is great, but offense got beat in 2nd half.

Oct 28, 2017, 11:52 PM

We only scored 3 points against GT in the 2nd half last season as well.

Oct 29, 2017, 12:03 AM

That may be true, but with Notre Dame in the mix, 2 conference champions will be left out. We need impressive wins to convince the committee

Oct 29, 2017, 12:07 AM

If ND were to get in over us, I can promise you beating GT by 14 instead of 20, 30, or 40 would have zero to do with it.

Anyone who watched the game knows why the offense was

Oct 29, 2017, 12:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Your Filthy Coots Might Be 25 If Your Lucky*** ]

slowed down in the second half.

I'm betting the voters on the playoff committee will have watched the game before they vote.

I'm also betting that the panel will be cognizant of the quality of the opposition we've faced this season compared to the teams you list above us.

We'll be no lower than #5 ...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Irish are not in any mix concerning Clemson. Tigers win and in, period

Oct 29, 2017, 12:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Your Filthy Coots Might Be 25 If Your Lucky*** ]

Yes I would like to keep the throttle down but heavy rain was factor. Love the W and D was dominant, happy to see them come back and show how great they can be.

Re: Hoping for #5, but 3 point 2nd half offense cost us a spot.

Oct 28, 2017, 11:43 PM

You sound like a teenage girl crying that nobody liked her FB post. Boo F***ing Hoo. All we have to do is win out brother. Get a grip

Oct 28, 2017, 11:52 PM

Just being honest. We lost the 2nd half.

Oct 29, 2017, 12:00 AM

Penn State lost the 2nd half as well as the game today.

Oct 29, 2017, 12:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Hoping for #5, but 3 point 2nd half offense cost us a spot. ]

They lost to #6 by 1 point. Don't see them falling past #6

Losing the 2nd half means absolutely nothing ...

Oct 29, 2017, 12:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Hoping for #5, but 3 point 2nd half offense cost us a spot. ]

Sort of like Penn State winning the first half meant nothing.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2017, 12:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Hoping for #5, but 3 point 2nd half offense cost us a spot. ]

Did you not see all the players sliding around like a bunch of penguins? It was a sloppy field out there tonight!!

Oct 28, 2017, 11:49 PM

Penn St beat an average Michigan team. They have 1 win over a "ranked team." Smoke and mirrors.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But their loss is a "good" loss!!***

Oct 28, 2017, 11:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As is The O-31-O State... They don't want none.***

Oct 28, 2017, 11:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Hoping for #5, but 3 point 2nd half offense cost us a spot. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2017, 11:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Hoping for #5, but 3 point 2nd half offense cost us a spot. ]

That's true, but I have a gut feeling they will put them at #5

Take some Tums

Oct 29, 2017, 12:35 AM

You're gut is screwed up.

Oct 28, 2017, 11:57 PM

Do people really think the playoff voters are sitting around thinking, "you know, I was going to put Clemson #4, but I really thought their win over GT should have been 31-10 instead of 24-10 so I'm now thinking they are more like #6."?

Anyone watching the game tonight knew it was never in doubt for a single second in the 2nd half. That's the sort of thing the playoff committee is looking for. They aren't looking to see if you score a garbage touchdown to go up 31-3 late, or care that you gave up a garbage touchdown late to make the game 24-10 instead. Anyone paying attention to how they figure in ratings or the things they say are important in the past would know this.

Oct 29, 2017, 12:21 AM

Hopefully the committee won't, but the typical polls do

If we are 5th, it won't be because we only scored 24 tonight

Oct 28, 2017, 11:58 PM

We were in control all night long and that's all that matters to the committee. It depends on whether they put more weight on our strength of schedule and credit Penn St for having a "good" loss! Although, how do you consider giving up an 18 point lead in the 4th quarter, a good loss??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we are 5th, it won't be because we only scored 24 tonight

Oct 29, 2017, 12:02 AM

Honestly outside of special teams OSU was clearly the better team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we are 5th, it won't be because we only scored 24 tonight

Oct 29, 2017, 12:20 AM [ in reply to If we are 5th, it won't be because we only scored 24 tonight ]

I just know how the Big 10 gets special treatment. Clemson would beat any of them head to head

Oct 28, 2017, 11:58 PM

Yes let's cry a river because we are top 5. Good grief

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2017, 12:18 AM

Believe me, I am thrilled to be a Clemson fan. That 2nd half offense just ticked me off.

My guess

Oct 29, 2017, 12:01 AM

Georgia
Alabama
Ohio St.
Clemson
Wisconsin
Notre Dame
Penn State

Re: My guess

Oct 29, 2017, 12:10 AM

I can honestly see ND being in the top 4 due to some impressive wins, and their only loss being in a tight one to a Georgia team that will likely be #2. I honestly feel you could rank Clemson, Wisconsin, ND, Ohio State, and Penn State in pretty much any order and not really be wrong with any of them.

Re: My guess

Oct 29, 2017, 12:17 AM

I agree

Oct 29, 2017, 12:09 AM

Clemson has 6 wins against teams with winning records and has played three top 15 matchups with two of those teams reaming in the top 20 (Auburn and VT). No other team can boast this but we do have the loss... so we will be 3 or 4.

Ohio State has a loss (bad loss at home) and only 2 wins over ranked teams (Army and Penn St.) 31-0 ring a bell!
ND has 4 wins over winning teams (USC and NCSU are ranked)
BAMA 2 wins over winning teams (one over a ranked opponent at the time FSU... hilarious now)
UGA has 4 wins over teams with a winning record (with wins on the road at ND and vs Miss State)

The eye test places it between Bama and UGA as 1 and 2 and then it will be Clemson and ND.

Wisconsin has 2 wins over winning record teams and has 0 wins over top 25 teams (at the time or now)
Miami has 2 wins over winning rerecord teams at this time (one being Toledo) and not wins over top 25 teams (at this time or now)

next...

Oct 29, 2017, 12:15 AM

I hope you're right....2nd half offensive performance ticked me off. Sorry I got a little negative.

Oct 29, 2017, 12:33 AM

Dabo does that... but we all must remember why we have good defenses year in and year out under Venables... they play guys even when things are tight or not quite out of hand. They develop and build depth. The O rhythm tonight just got out of sync in the second half and that has been an issue - play calling, penalties, miscues, weather etc. It has been an issue this year in the second half of games but this offensive coaching staff has displayed they can get it done when it matters (OK, ND, OK, OSU, BAMA etc) so we can't complain too much. Special teams cost us the championship in 2016.

Oct 29, 2017, 12:11 AM

Clemson has 6 wins against teams with winning records and has played three top 15 matchups with two of those teams remaining in the top 20 (Auburn and VT). No other team can boast this but we do have the loss... so we will be 3 or 4.

Ohio State has a loss (bad loss at home) and only 2 wins over ranked teams (Army and Penn St.) 31-0 ring a bell!
ND has 4 wins over winning teams (USC and NCSU are ranked)
BAMA 2 wins over winning teams (one over a ranked opponent at the time FSU... hilarious now)
UGA has 4 wins over teams with a winning record (with wins on the road at ND and vs Miss State)

The eye test places it between Bama and UGA as 1 and 2 and then it will be Clemson and ND.

Wisconsin has 2 wins over winning record teams and has 0 wins over top 25 teams (at the time or now)
Miami has 2 wins over winning rerecord teams at this time (one being Toledo) and no wins over top 25 teams (at this time or now)

next...

What a ridiculously idiotic post. Unbelievable how so many

Oct 29, 2017, 12:28 AM

People have no idea how this works

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Oct 29, 2017, 12:28 AM

I think it's the definitiveness of that comment that brings out the name calling.

Yeah

Oct 29, 2017, 12:32 AM

A 4 point half would have put us over the top.

Sarcasm.

I don't believe you understand how it all works. The committee couldn't care less about how many points we scored after halftime.

We basically toyed with GT. We could have scored 100 and completely anhiliated them. But we didn't need to. Not for the committee and certainly not the fans. The committee can see plain as day how good we are.

Even if we ain't where you want us to be when the rankings come out, we control our destiny.

Penn State ahead of Clemson??

Oct 29, 2017, 12:33 AM

You're funny. Seriously.

Replies: 36
| visibility 3,824
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic