Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Even before the Ukraine thing, I started wondering. I bet
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 440

Even before the Ukraine thing, I started wondering. I bet

Sep 26, 2019, 12:47 PM

GOP leaders have a contingency plan. Some GOP reps like Jordan/Gaetz don't fall into this category, but your McConnell's, Shelby's, Cruz's, and the like are smart people and I'm willing to bet they huddled up at some point after Trump was elected to decide what to do when he really went off the rails. GOP leaders knew the chaos he would bring and knew they could forward their agenda as long as he didn't do something incredibly stupid or illegal. They want to save the party and they have a plan to do it. Is this Ukraine episode the trigger that makes that happen?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Republican Congressmen need "cover" to turn on the president

Sep 26, 2019, 12:55 PM

that they can sell to their constituents. This may be the cover they need. Given what we know about Trump and his respect for the law, this won't be the last corrupt practice that he engages in and the impeachment process will likely uncover more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nooses tightening, panic setting in, all that stuff***

Sep 26, 2019, 12:56 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is plenty of panic in the WH right now and that will

Sep 26, 2019, 1:03 PM

continue. But if the GOP heavyweights, and more importantly, their donors decide to flip the switch...it will be quick and Trump and his followers will never see it coming.

What is it like?

Sep 27, 2019, 12:04 PM

I mean to be in the white house to know these kinds of things?

Hopefully, Sanford isn't the back up plan.***

Sep 26, 2019, 12:58 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pence is the backup plan.

Sep 26, 2019, 1:02 PM

But, Trump isn't going to allow that. Trump won't go down alone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was involved in influencing Ukraine, too, right?

Sep 26, 2019, 1:04 PM

We gone end up with President Pelosi.

Trump certainly wants us to think so.

Sep 26, 2019, 1:06 PM

He made sure to let the press know yesterday that Pence was in contact with the Ukrainian President on multiple occasions as well.

Nope. They are addicted to control

Sep 26, 2019, 1:03 PM

They never had an exit strategy. They hitched their wagon to Trump and never looked back.. McCain was Trump’s last real heavyweight challenge, and since he died, they’ve all bowed down in deference.

It is impossible for them to throw in the towel now without looking completely dishonest.

I don't believe that at all. Look to the Republicans that

Sep 26, 2019, 1:16 PM

have been in DC the longest, how did they stay there?

GOP didn't even want the guy in their primary, but he gets in because he generates contributions, which is good for the party. Somehow, he wins the nomination and shockingly wins the general.

Knowing they have a psycho narcissist in the WH that surrounds himself with lackeys and doesn't listen to any of their advice; you don't think the seasoned veteran GOP politicians and their donors didn't come up with a plan for when this thing goes sideways? There is always a plan in Washington, a backup plan, and a backup to the backup. Thats how they stay in office.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"

Sep 26, 2019, 1:23 PM

McConnell has overestimated his ability to keep the president under control and control events and narratives.

They went all-in and they've run out of time

Sep 26, 2019, 1:38 PM [ in reply to I don't believe that at all. Look to the Republicans that ]

They are like the family that can't turn the clocks back on their son's irrational decision to marry the hot, sociopath hairdresser. They've accepted her, warts and all, and stayed silent through all of her transgressive tweets and posts on social media.

The time for them to have intervened was last year, before the wedding, and the one elderly relative who stoop up (McCain) has now passed away leaving the foundation of the family rudderless.

They're stuck with her, "til death do us part".

They have to appear all in....until they're not. We differ

Sep 26, 2019, 1:45 PM

in opinion on this and I hope you're wrong for the country's sake. Ultimately, we need two parties acting in good faith to progress as a nation; it may be a long road to get there.

way too many cliches and typos for one post

Sep 26, 2019, 1:46 PM [ in reply to They went all-in and they've run out of time ]

my apologies.

Re: Nope. They are addicted to control

Sep 26, 2019, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Nope. They are addicted to control ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is there a Ukraine thing. Should anyone care or just wait_

Sep 26, 2019, 1:33 PM

a few weeks? Like the common cold, most may get over it.

This one is cut and dry. He asked for foreign help on his

Sep 26, 2019, 1:42 PM

campaign, not only that, he extorted it. Then admitted it on live television, went on to release his own memo confirming it. There is no legal ambiguity here. Only question remaining is will this trigger the GOP controlled ejection seat that moves them on to the contingency plan.

Plan B = Nikki Haley

Sep 26, 2019, 2:08 PM

And she may end up on ticket as VP anyway

She's not going to attach herself that closely to Trump

Sep 26, 2019, 2:14 PM

and destroy her political future. She got out before she got to tied to his corruption. She has grand political ambitions.

She's probably smiling broadly at the thought that she got out relatively unscathed. I don't see her getting back in with the career killer.

That’s why she is RNC plan B. Replacing trump***

Sep 26, 2019, 2:45 PM

Which is why she WON"T be taking the VP job with Trump.***

Sep 26, 2019, 3:12 PM

Your prognostication is amazing.

Sep 27, 2019, 12:05 PM [ in reply to She's not going to attach herself that closely to Trump ]

You should bet on South Carolina football.

Just admit it...unless you are one of her close secret advisers, you have absolutely no idea what Nikki Haley may, or may not do politically.

I could see that. GOP turns on Trump, tags

Sep 26, 2019, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Plan B = Nikki Haley ]

Haley, "You're it"!. Don't think she'd do a VP deal, though.

Re: Even before the Ukraine thing, I started wondering. I bet

Sep 27, 2019, 12:11 PM

“I think you read everything. I’m sorry but I don’t want to be involved in democratic elections of the U.S.A.,” Zelensky said. “We had a good phone call. It was normal, we spoke about many things.”

He added: “Nobody pushed me.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 440
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic