Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hope we hold onto Watson and Richard after Morris
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Hope we hold onto Watson and Richard after Morris

May 9, 2013, 10:22 AM

bolts for a head coaching position at the end of the year. Just keeping it real ya'll.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

^^^^coot^^^^^***

May 9, 2013, 10:23 AM

Head back to the coop ya dirtpecker

May 9, 2013, 10:24 AM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

This is why I don't get sirrius on here.***

May 9, 2013, 10:27 AM

null

Re: This is why I don't get sirrius on here.***

May 9, 2013, 11:41 AM

I am glad they merged with XM.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

What if Roscoe leaves with Morris? We would be doomed!

May 9, 2013, 12:18 PM [ in reply to This is why I don't get sirrius on here.*** ]

(basic HTML surpasses my education as to how I can post images inside of this box)

Re: Hope we hold onto Watson and Richard after Morris

May 9, 2013, 10:30 AM

Well....I hope you learned a lesson. I think Watson has had more than enough chances to flip and he is still there. I just hope he is not as good as advertised...lol. We have to travel to Clemson year after next....minus Boyd....so if he plays I would think he could have an impact. Just hope it's a minimal one.

Thanks for not being a typical coot about this. I agree

May 9, 2013, 10:35 AM

I was very skeptical at first about Watson, but it seems that he's actually ended his recruitment at this point. And I think Morris is crazy to leave right before Watson, probably the best QB he's ever had the opportunity to work with and teach, inks his LOI. Would be foolish. If Watson sticks with us, Morris is here 4 more years. If not, he's gone.

Re: Thanks for not being a typical coot about this. I agree

May 9, 2013, 10:40 AM

If Morris wants to be a head coach then Watson being here will probably not change that. It seems to be more than a money thing with Morris. Heck he makes more than a lot of head coaches now. I just think he wants his own gig even if someone just matches his salary....I could be wrong but being on the outside looking in...that's what I see.

I'm not sure he has ended his recruitment....

May 9, 2013, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Thanks for not being a typical coot about this. I agree ]

strange that Bama offers after visiting him. These are kids, and there is no early signing period.

It's important to note that other "sources" reported that

May 9, 2013, 12:00 PM

You can't keep Colleges from coming by your school or talking to your coaches.

But since DW ended his recruitment, you haven't seen anything like "BAMA offer me today #blessed" or "LSU dropped by..."

It's always a reporter or blogger tweeting it. Not sayin that its not true, but the fact that DW is commenting on it says a lot, at least in comparison to the guys that decommited last year... and Dalvin Cook for that matter.

Re: Thanks for not being a typical coot about this. I agree

May 10, 2013, 4:45 AM [ in reply to Thanks for not being a typical coot about this. I agree ]

> I was very skeptical at first about Watson, but it
> seems that he's actually ended his recruitment at
> this point. And I think Morris is crazy to leave
> right before Watson, probably the best QB he's ever
> had the opportunity to work with and teach, inks his
> LOI. Would be foolish. If Watson sticks with us,
> Morris is here 4 more years. If not, he's gone.

Watson seems to be handling his recruitment very well. However, I can't believe that a coach would base his decisions on the opportunity to work with one player. I know he gets paid well at CU, but 4.5 million or there about over 4 years isn't the same as 10 million or more over the same period. I think you got it backwards. If Morris is there, Watson is too, but not the other way around.

THere won't be any good jobs open after this year.

May 9, 2013, 11:20 AM

all the struggling teams with resources and high expectations replaced their coaches last year.

the only long shot would be Texas or SCar and don't think UT is ready to make a move and don't think Morris is dumb enough to be a ####.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Re: THere won't be any good jobs open after this year.

May 9, 2013, 11:47 AM

In the scheme of things I would say Dabo's seat is warmer than Spurriers. We haven't STRUGGLED against Clemson as much as Clemson has struggled against So.Car. since he became coach. If there is a struggling program by your definition Morris will take Dabo's place.

It's not just the rivalry, though. Lately, both teams have

May 9, 2013, 2:11 PM

had success on the field and been very good. The only other state to produce 2 schools as good at the same time right now is Florida. That says something for the direction of both programs right this minute.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: THere won't be any good jobs open after this year.

May 10, 2013, 1:22 AM [ in reply to Re: THere won't be any good jobs open after this year. ]

You misunderstand, my little friend. The way that the head d-bag job comes open is by Spurrier retiring. He is 68 now and was not expected to last past 65. I think he is gone before they are off this round of probation.

Re: This is why I don't get sirrius on here.***

May 9, 2013, 11:23 AM

I hear you. I've wondered the same thing but know that I can't put it on here to get some inside info (I live in NC) because I'll be called a coot...freakin' sad.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hope we hold onto Watson and Richard after Morris

May 9, 2013, 11:35 AM

you're gonna be ticked when nkimdeche switches back to CLEMSON.

You just wait, he's gonna shock the world.

May 9, 2013, 11:36 AM

Signed,

theoriginaltiger

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: You just wait, he's gonna shock the world.

May 9, 2013, 11:48 AM

not to be a negative nellie but why would morris not take a head coaching job if offered and it was a good one, even if watson comes here. he wants to be a head coach and run his own program. its not just about money imo because he is making $1.3 million plus, but to be the head coach. imo him taking a head job may affect waton coming here but i dont think watson being here will keep morris from taking a head job.

Re: You just wait, he's gonna shock the world.

May 10, 2013, 1:18 AM

He will take a head coaching job, but there just aren't that many that are better than his OC job now. Most of the jobs he would consider have a solid coach in charge now - it's going to take a coach retiring or leaving for the NFL to make room.

bwahahaha!!!You lost that argument once already***

May 9, 2013, 2:42 PM

At the rate these guys are about to start committing,

May 9, 2013, 7:23 PM

it seems they already know something Internet isiots don't. CM has already told Watson that he will stay the whole time he's here. Too bad that bothers some.

Re: Morris promised Watson that

May 10, 2013, 1:10 AM

if he attends Clemson, he will be his coach the entire time he plays at Clemson.

Chad is going to TAMU, but only after Kevin goes to the NFL

May 10, 2013, 1:15 AM

And Kevin is going to be picky about the NFL team he leaves for.

So it might still be a couple of years (or more), depending on the NFL jobs that come open. Both Chad and Kevin are in good spots to wait for the right job.

Logical assessment. +1.***

May 10, 2013, 2:48 AM

Re: Logical assessment. +1.***

May 10, 2013, 2:57 AM

What??? No way! We will have Chad Morris for at least two more years!!

Rewind. Review.***

May 10, 2013, 5:14 AM

Re: Logical assessment. +1.***

May 10, 2013, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Logical assessment. +1.*** ]

I think at least two more years. Chad is going to be preferred for some very good jobs in the future and shouldn't take a gamble on a lesser program. It worked out OK for Malzahn, but that was flukish.

Expect Venables to be a top candidate for the KSU job when Snyder goes back into retirement. Also hoping Snyder coaches another few years.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic