Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Josh Belk on leaving Clemson: "Things just happen and you have to move on"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 65
| visibility 1

New Story: Josh Belk on leaving Clemson: "Things just happen and you have to move on"

May 17, 2018, 2:21 PM

Josh Belk on leaving Clemson: "Things just happen and you have to move on"

Clemson freshman defensive lineman Josh Belk is leaving the program, and he said Thursday that it wasn't something he expected and that sometimes things happen and you have to move on. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Josh Belk on leaving Clemson: "Things just happen and you have to move on"

May 17, 2018, 2:30 PM

Obviously, this Belk boy doesn’t have what it takes to be a CLEMSON MAN!

‘Nuff said.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Josh Belk on leaving Clemson: "Things just happen and you have to move on"

May 17, 2018, 2:37 PM

that's a very quick and uninformative reaction.

May 17, 2018, 4:32 PM

Isn't a healthy amount of skepticism warranted here? Now accuse me of being a hopeless skeptic,
and you may be right, but this doesn't pass the smell test. Some large money has changed hands hers. And, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the same dude to whom which (grammar??) I referred to in a previous post as being dreadfully slow. If I'm wrong, you can "fillip me on a three-man beadle." I don't think that his absence from our program will make a whit of difference. Other opinions sought and welcomed.

dude, why such an insult towards the kid?

May 17, 2018, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Josh Belk on leaving Clemson: "Things just happen and you have to move on" ]

it takes more than athletic skills to be a Clemson Man, and it appears that Dabo recognized those qualities in the "boy", as you want to call him, and granted an unconditional release... I believe that if Dabo did not see a truthful, upstanding "man" making a decision that truly affects the rest of his life, terms and conditions of his release would apply...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: dude, why such an insult towards the kid?

May 17, 2018, 4:38 PM

Whoa!! Show me one place where I referred to this young man as "boy." Go ahead and do it. You can't. We can disagree on this site without making up crap about each other.

you lost track of your replies, mine was not a reply to you

May 17, 2018, 4:43 PM

but to a poster ahead of you... so, your apology is accepted in advance... LOL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you lost track of your replies, mine was not a reply to you

May 17, 2018, 11:20 PM

You really are a KNUCKlehead, aren’t you?
A CLEMSON MAN has INTEGRITY!!!

...and despite your characterization of Belk as “truthful” in this matter, there is clearly more & more FACTS surfacing to the contrary.

The comment about this Belk boy is no slur, but definitely a statement regarding his maturity level at this point. Hopefully, he will grow up into a man of integrity and maybe this process will help him see how he could be more forthright with people who through great effort and expense have put their confidence in him.

We all sympathize with those who are experiencing health issues among close family members, which none of us are exempt from...but there were other undisclosed factors at play and had been ongoing for a long time.

Therein lies the problem

May 17, 2018, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Josh Belk on leaving Clemson: "Things just happen and you have to move on" ]

I heard he told a lie. his mother does not have cancer I think he is worry about playing time

Rivals ranked him as the #21 DT, not number 21 overall

May 17, 2018, 2:32 PM

@David Hood, Very important distinction. He wasn't even in the Rivals 250.. I was hoping he'd prove them wrong, but now I don't really care one way or the other.

Message was edited by: RoperMtn®

The Dude abides

things like.. the coots tricking you into thinking you won't

May 17, 2018, 2:37 PM

sit out a year?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: things like.. the coots tricking you into thinking you won't

May 17, 2018, 2:42 PM

If he goes to USuC and he probably will he could get a hardship letter from the NCAA because of family health issues and not have to sit out a year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there are a number of hurdles that have to be cleared

May 17, 2018, 3:40 PM

hope this kid was not sold a false bill of goods by UCS coaches thinking it was a done deal if that is the angle being pursued which it sounds like

some of which include- has to be immediate family(no grandparent, uncle, aunt), has to be life threatening, have to provide dr records xrays etc., diagnosis has to have been since your initial decision- there are others-- distance moving back home may not be enough

Re: there are a number of hurdles that have to be cleared

May 17, 2018, 4:41 PM

Has he signed with Carolina? If so, this stinks to high heaven.

May 17, 2018, 2:40 PM

USuC and Tennessee have already contacted him? Sounds like a violation to me. I don't believe they are able to contact a player for another team until he has been released. Also, if it's all about his family problem why would he even mention Tennessee. That would be a lot further drive than Clemson. Some things are not adding up. I'm guessing it's time to move on and prepare to show him that he better carry a fire extinguisher with him to that Dumpster fire in Cola. Go Tigers!

May 17, 2018, 3:41 PM

Maybe his family likes to get drunk and throw bottles at the players during the game. He would have to transfer to and SEC school (or NC State) so they could get away with that.

May 17, 2018, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Josh Belk on leaving Clemson: "Things just happen and you have to move on" ]

This whole thing is rotten to the core. Glad to have him somewhere else.

I Always Heard

May 18, 2018, 10:14 AM

that if something doesn't "smell" right on the surface, it really stinks when you dig into it. I'd bet that is the case here, too. Whatever, I wish him well, and if he chooses to be a coot, then that will be his loss. We will be just fine. If there really is some bad illness, I hope that gets better. Anyway, Clemson will be just fine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2018, 8:46 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Josh Belk on leaving Clemson: "Things just happen and you have to move on" ]

my thoughts exactly. if its a family health issue; why would Tennessee even be mentioned. last time I went to Tennessee, I was farther away than Columbia by my speedo.

May 17, 2018, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Josh Belk on leaving Clemson: "Things just happen and you have to move on" ]

If he’s already been in contact with other programs, he was never “All In.” See ya! Maybe he’ll be fortunate enough to get one of those “runner up in the SEC LEast” rings....

Odd******

May 17, 2018, 2:40 PM

Re: Odd******

May 17, 2018, 3:26 PM

^^^^ Very!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2018, 11:25 PM [ in reply to Odd****** ]

My first reaction was naturally that something was amiss. Then the health stuff came up and if it is true and his family needs him then I support him and Dabo completely for letting him go. However, the TN stuff throws that into the wind a bit - except, I've not heard he responded them - can't blame him if they contacted him out of the blue. SC....well are they just trying to cash in off his family problem or were there backdoor deals????
On the field, TigerNet is correct I believe - he wasn't likely to be a major contributor this year anyway so he could have easily been redshirted and given plenty of time to deal with his family issues - certainly not the first time one of our guys has been given time to take care of family matters.
Not to disrespect his family matters but I'm guessing there is more than meets the eye here...

May 18, 2018, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Odd****** ]

This!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2018, 2:47 PM

This^^

May 17, 2018, 8:34 PM

X1000

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. I know I’ve moved on. Next man up!***

May 17, 2018, 3:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep. I know I’ve moved on. Next man up!***

May 17, 2018, 3:17 PM

You mean the "family issues" will go away if he plays somewhere else? Very strange.

Re: Yep. I know I’ve moved on. Next man up!***

May 17, 2018, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Yep. I know I’ve moved on. Next man up!*** ]

We'll win without him. His story is pure BS.

May 17, 2018, 3:17 PM

If everything is on the up and up, why not just say what happened? Part of me thinks since Dabo is ok with it, I should be too, but then I think maybe some SC alum attorney got involved to skirt the rules and create a financial incentive for the family.
This event seems like the kind of thing that will dog Josh Belk the rest of his time in football unless he clarifies exactly what transpired to cause the transfer. Or, maybe its none of our business...

May 17, 2018, 3:29 PM

The Lawyer thingy is becoming to be unclear!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2018, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Josh Belk on leaving Clemson: "Things just happen and you have to move on" ]

And an attorney??? Hey, hello. Total crooked BS!!

May 17, 2018, 6:50 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Josh Belk on leaving Clemson: "Things just happen and you have to move on" ]

Your points are spot on. He does owe Clemson an explanation as he has received considerable benefit. A plain spoken explanation from Mr. Belk is the only way to remove the cloud, even if he was asked to leave the team by Dabo (which I don't know and have no reason to believe.)

May 17, 2018, 3:23 PM

Unless there is something in this transfer thing with Belk that ain't clean, any school further away from his home than Clemson was, they shouldn't be an option for him. Now if he ends up at a school as far away or further away than Clemson, then about everything in this now story is as dirty as can be!!!

May 17, 2018, 3:34 PM

Got to be or it’s no need to even mention Tennessee.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2018, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Josh Belk on leaving Clemson: "Things just happen and you have to move on" ]

Wait. I may be wrong but this SOB will sign at Carolina. All, rotten to the core. Hope I'm wrong.

May 17, 2018, 3:37 PM

Just let it be. Plenty more talent out there chomping at the bit to wear orange.

Hope this doesn’t turn into another jake fruhmorgen story***

May 17, 2018, 3:44 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

too late***

May 17, 2018, 3:47 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hope this doesn’t turn into another jake fruhmorgen story***

May 17, 2018, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Hope this doesn’t turn into another jake fruhmorgen story*** ]

I think that Jake had a serious issue with a coach. Is that what you're saying is the deal with Belk?

Not that just more or less bouncing from school to school***

May 17, 2018, 5:01 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

I was giving him credit wanting to be close to a sick mother

May 17, 2018, 3:52 PM

until he mentioned Tennessee.

I said yesterday in the other thread that I think there's

May 17, 2018, 4:03 PM

more to this than just his mother being sick, and now I'm convinced there is. My rationale yesterday centered around the whole attorney thing. There was no reason to get an attorney unless his reasoning wasn't sound. There's not a coach in America that would've worked with him more than Dabo with regard to his mother being critically ill. Dabo knows first hand what family issues are like for a young man. Dabo granted the unconditional release, but I'm leaning to the reason being, if the kid doesn't want to be at Clemson, no sense allowing it to fester and become a cancer to the team. I'm not buying it was simply because his mother is sick. He wouldn't be that much further from home in Clemson than he would be in Columbia.

I hate it because he was going to be a really good player at a position of need starting in 2019. Oh, well. Next...

Re: I said yesterday in the other thread that I think there's

May 17, 2018, 4:20 PM

Amen brother.Sick momma is BS. He thought about transferring to South Carolina because he wanted to be close to the home? Then he mentions contacting Tennessee? Last time I checked Knoxville was a lot further away than Clemson. He might be a beast but if you got issues Hit the Road Jack.

Re: I said yesterday in the other thread that I think there's

May 17, 2018, 4:20 PM [ in reply to I said yesterday in the other thread that I think there's ]

Considering your name, I probably shouldn't mention to you who said lawyer is a fan of:

Doesn't add up. But I wish him well.

May 17, 2018, 4:51 PM

I'm just confused. The lawyer thing is the weirdest bit to me. If it does have to do with the health of a family member and/or being close to home, Tennessee obviously wouldn't make sense.

I'm not sure depth chart was the issue either. If it was, this man is very short-sighted. He wouldn't get on the field much this year, but with Wilkins, Dex, Huggins all gone after this year, he would have had an excellent chance to start, and at the very least, be an important rotational player, next year.

Regardless, he's an 18 year old kid. I wish him and his family well. I hope this decision was made for good reasons.

Re: Doesn't add up. But I wish him well.

May 17, 2018, 5:05 PM

18 years old? I don't understand that.

When I was 18 years old I made a commitment. I swore an oath. I stuck that out for 4 years. Even when they stuck me in the desert, I stuck it out. When they sent me to frigid South Dakota, I stuck it out. When I got sent for war twice, I stuck it out.

To me this isn't about age, it's about keeping your word. This is a character issue. That's why I say good riddance.

Message was edited by: Tiger Diesel®

May 17, 2018, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Doesn't add up. But I wish him well. ]

Absolutely nothing confusing here. Intelligence . can't say for sure. But he saw the depth chart . . the big guys up front stayed another year. He doesn't realize he probably should stay here, but instead is looking for immediately playing time. He's not all in. So good riddance. It's simple. He is not wanted here with that attitude and foresight. Done.

May 17, 2018, 10:54 PM

Amen to that sir. Buh-bye.

May 17, 2018, 4:53 PM

This whole situation stinks to high heavens. First he's moving closer to be near his mom. Then he's talking about LSU and TN. Fine. Go. See ya.

Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

Whatever school he lands at, they'll have to deal with this wishy washy drama queen. Good luck with that. In fact, I hope he goes to USCe. It'll make stomping them year in and year out just that much sweeter.

May 17, 2018, 5:37 PM

Been keeping up with recruiting a Long, Long, time. Never seen anything like this. I have my theories, but they are just that, theories. I also know who is in Columbia and where they are from and who went to college together. Something does not smell right. Dabo is a PRO and did the right thing.

May 17, 2018, 6:29 PM

First year year starter with chickens . Maybe even be UNCC’s first All-American. That’s really close to home.
This kid will regret this move . Prolly later in life. Shoulda, coulda, woulda !

May 17, 2018, 10:14 PM

Definitely, he wants instant gratification. Can't see the long term benefit. It's best he left.

Some of you are indiotic

May 17, 2018, 7:25 PM

This is a kid. If it were my child and you were talking about him like this, you’d have trouble sleeping at night. This kid can do whatever he wants and owes NO ONE any explanation. Except maybe how he could ever choose the chickens over us.... but otherwise this is HIS life. And I hope he doesn’t give a fat rat’s anus about what you pathetic people think.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: Some of you are indiotic

May 17, 2018, 8:38 PM

True. He can make his own decisions. But don't forget that Clemson invested time, energy and money in recruiting Josh and then teaching him. Probably passed on a couple of others to get him. Now, he just ups and leaves. I don't wish him ill. Only hope the Tigers thrash his team if they ever hook up.

Amen! Bye...

May 17, 2018, 8:39 PM [ in reply to Some of you are indiotic ]

And don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya! Regardless of his reason, if he has been on Clemson’s campus and been practicing and STILL wants to leave...THEN WE DONT WANT HIM HERE! He would be a cancer in the locker room. So all I have to say is...Bye Felecia!!!

Except he isn't simply transferring like a normal player.

May 17, 2018, 8:44 PM [ in reply to Some of you are indiotic ]

Instead, he's asking that he be treated differently, and also got lawyers involved. You can't blame people for being really confused, especially when his story has apparently changed in the last few days.

Thankfully, we don't need him, and won't miss him.

I wish him all the best, and hope he is happy at his new school. But this doesn't make any sense.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Except he isn't simply transferring like a normal player.

May 17, 2018, 9:26 PM

One thing will be for sure, Josh will be on the losing end his entire college FB career playing against Clemson. That is going to taste worse than shiot in his mouth knowing that he was on the winning side at one time and then chose a different path, the path of losers!!!! And he can forget about ever wearing a college NC ring like his team mates at Clemson was wearing. Sad, just really SAD!!!

Of course you would...

May 17, 2018, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Some of you are indiotic ]

Heck, there are mothers that still love their son...even though they are serial killers. So that doesn't mean much.

Parents that excuse every action and decision by an 18 year old do nothing but encourage a mentality that you can do no wrong and you can have whatever you want out of life, even if it screws over others. Why? Because you're a precious, one of a kind baby (throws up in mouth). "Kids" his age are sacrificing their life over seas. So don't paint the picture that he's a toddler and can't make big boy decisions.

I'm not trashing the kid. I'm still scratching my head. I think it's still premature to drag Belk through the mud but something seems off with the situation and I don't blame some for being inquisitive.

And?

May 17, 2018, 11:22 PM [ in reply to Some of you are indiotic ]

you forgot something about a gun and raining or something something...

Anyhooo... I don't care about Belk's future football team. He blew this shot at working with some upstanding coaches and a national contending program. I'm glad Dabo was a better man than most and let the kid go where ever his wittle heart leads him.

On another note I hope his mom recovers or is recovering. I honestly don't know much except the article says she's sick. My give a shites is too empty to care to look further into it.

Frankly...

May 18, 2018, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Some of you are indiotic ]

I don't give a fat rat's anus what YOU think. Blow it out your ###.

May 17, 2018, 9:24 PM

Mr Belk has left the program........... Did any one see the lethal weapon season finale? Or Hawaii five-o? Infinity war was a good movie. Wait what were we talking about?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2018, 12:45 AM

I guess it's best he go ahead and leave now if he's not "all in."

If this really is due to family health issues, then I certainly hope things get better for him.

May 18, 2018, 1:58 AM

Do any of you believe that Belk should be charged for the free semester he just received at Clemson spring 2018? Books, classes, meals he received being on the football team, room and board, etc.? And as I’ve stated before, I’m not sure what all is on the football program provided iPads, but it does worry me that he has had one for 5 months and could possibly be a SC chick.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2018, 8:41 AM

The fact that a lawyer got involved to me clouds any legitimacy to his claims for wanting to leave. This is a guy who has already tried to quit on a few occasions. If you were another player, would you really want this guy going into battle in the trenches with you knowing he did not want to be there? Dabo absolutely did the right thing by cutting this guy loose.

Hope he keeps the same attitude next fall

May 18, 2018, 10:39 AM

when he'll need to move on from the historic ###-whuppin' that's coming.

Replies: 65
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic