Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hope Louisville loses one more ***
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Hope Louisville loses one more ***

Oct 2, 2016, 10:03 PM

Would rather not play then again if I had my choice .

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hope Louisville loses one more ***

Oct 2, 2016, 10:04 PM

Why would we play them again?

We hold the tie breaker and are in the same division!

Playoff***

Oct 2, 2016, 10:04 PM

Playoffs should not include 2 teams from same conf.

Oct 2, 2016, 10:07 PM

At least I hope they don't. I never want to see two SEC teams in the playoffs. And for the same reason, I never want to see two ACC teams in the playoffs.

I know there is no RULE to that effect, but it makes sense to me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want to see the best 4 teams in the playoff.

Oct 2, 2016, 10:15 PM

I dont care who is from what conference.

Re: Playoffs should not include 2 teams from same conf.

Oct 2, 2016, 11:13 PM [ in reply to Playoffs should not include 2 teams from same conf. ]

They can include two teams from the same conference. I believe the committee should avoid the potential for repeat regular season match ups.

Oct 2, 2016, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Hope Louisville loses one more *** ]

Won't happen

Why not? Two teams from the same division got

Oct 2, 2016, 10:16 PM

into the TWO team playoff 5 years ago.

I hope the selection process has improved since then!

Oct 2, 2016, 11:16 PM

I said at the time, and still do, that was bullshitt!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Imagine how bad we would have beat the Cards without 5 T/O's

Oct 2, 2016, 10:14 PM

Several people have said they don't want to face Louisville again....Do you people realize how close we were to blowing the doors off had it not been for the T/O's in the game?

When we beat VT up in Blacksburg I remember people were scared to play VT in the ACC championship game and we beat them worse.

Screw Louisville..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Agreed +1

Oct 2, 2016, 10:21 PM

If we hold on to the ball, we win big!

Message was edited by: 84TigerDad®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And L Jackson isn't even as tall as Logan Thomas.***

Oct 2, 2016, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Imagine how bad we would have beat the Cards without 5 T/O's ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Or "Pro Ready"***

Oct 6, 2016, 11:26 AM

^^ this. We would kill them if we played again

Oct 2, 2016, 11:14 PM [ in reply to Imagine how bad we would have beat the Cards without 5 T/O's ]

Nm

Go to the Louisville board...

Oct 3, 2016, 3:22 AM [ in reply to Imagine how bad we would have beat the Cards without 5 T/O's ]

and you'll see most of their fans think they would have beaten us by at least 14 points if rematched.

I made a prediction on my Facebook page before the game (for my friends who know less about football). I said that the result could have gone either way depending on how some plays turned out on the field--it could have been a blowout by us, it was more likely a close game, but I specifically said I didn't see how it could be a blowout by Louisville. That said, I predicted 4- to 7-point win by us.

That said, if I am allowed to talk about woulda/coulda/shoulda, the one play that changed the entire scenario of the second half was just one second or less than one second that McCloud lost his concentration on the ball. As a problem with many wide receivers, their mind went ahead and was ready to run before catching the ball.

If that one wasn't an interception, it could have been a blowout by us.

To be honest, I'm not that afraid to play them again. Of course, if we play on a neutral ground, we won't have the advantage of the home crowd, but I don't think the stage is gonna be any different and I don't think our players are gonna make any worse mistakes. (Knock on wood.)

Re: Imagine how bad we would have beat the Cards without 5 T/O's

Oct 3, 2016, 4:48 AM [ in reply to Imagine how bad we would have beat the Cards without 5 T/O's ]

I agree

Oct 3, 2016, 5:26 AM [ in reply to Imagine how bad we would have beat the Cards without 5 T/O's ]

They will lose to Houston. Brent Venables showed how to defend Jackson. He got some yards but he didn't run wild.. without the 5 turnovers we win by at least 21.

Oct 3, 2016, 10:20 AM

He had almost 500 yards , he rushed for 162.
We didn't defend him, we just made 1 more stop than they did.

Oct 3, 2016, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Imagine how bad we would have beat the Cards without 5 T/O's ]

We were close to opening it up, true. They could have went up 14-0 at one point as well.

All I'm saying is I hope they lose one more. If not, there's a chance they sneak in the playoff. I ain't skurred, would rather just play someone else.

BEN BOULWARE ON IF HE WOULD WANT TO PLAY LOUISVILLE AGAIN : "Hellllllll No"

Agreed!

Oct 3, 2016, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Imagine how bad we would have beat the Cards without 5 T/O's ]

This team can beat anybody by 2-3 TDs!

Nobody wants us if we are on for 4 quarters!

Agree, at our best , we beat anyone bye 10+

Oct 3, 2016, 11:05 AM

But I'm still gonna listen to the leader of our Defense when he gives a profound "hellllll no" to if he's want to play them again. Good game cards. We couldn't stop the bleeding, but managed to throw some dirt in the wound and find a way to win. Hell of a game

Oct 6, 2016, 6:21 AM [ in reply to Imagine how bad we would have beat the Cards without 5 T/O's ]

Not to forget d played 100 snaps. If not for that we it wouldn't be close

Oct 6, 2016, 10:26 AM

Coulda shoulda woulda , Ben said Jackson was the best player he's played in his life.

Some of y'all kill me with y'all's reasoning..

If Mackensie Alexander was to say he didn't want to play a team again (which he probably wouldn't ) ,but IF he did! you think I'm going to go against the grain of what he's saying?

Out of these teams, who do ya not want?

Ohio state
Alabama
Michigan
Washington
Louisville
Houston

I'm not scared of us playing Louisville or Bama. However, I'm for whatever ups our chances of winning a ship. If that means hoping Washington, Houston , and Michigan make the playoff so be it

Other than Houston, they don't play anyone with

Oct 2, 2016, 10:17 PM

a whisper of a chance of staying close with them

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Other than Houston, they don't play anyone with

Oct 2, 2016, 10:23 PM

THE ODDS ARE AGAINST HIM /AS/ TO NOT
GETTING HURT, IE; THE WAY, THE GREAT AMOUNT
OF RUNNING PLAYS...SO BE IT..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: True but I bet that they would be favored against most

Oct 2, 2016, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Other than Houston, they don't play anyone with ]

teams and would win.

Re: I am not afraid to play anyone but I don;t think a

Oct 2, 2016, 10:28 PM

rematch will happen. I hope that they win out.

Oct 2, 2016, 10:37 PM

Why, do you feel sorry for them? We would beat them worse next time. You are probably one of those that didn't think we would win this game.

Oct 3, 2016, 12:14 AM

Louisville can make a statement by beating Houston and they would need to beat them bad. My problem is that I don't think they should put a team in the playoffs that does not even make it to their championship game. I also think that Big 12 should get last consideration for no championship game. Yes, everyone plays everyone but potentially beating a team twice in a season is much harder to do.

Louisville would need to win out and we would need to win out to keep their one loss as the best quality loss out of the contenders and then have some upsets in the championship games such as perhaps a 2 loss Tennessee team from the SEC LEast beat Alabama. There is no way a loser of a championship game should get in. I still think they would need Michigan and OSU to lose two games each also but anything is possible.

Much stranger things have happened. However, I thing Lamar Jackson is a beast running the ball but I am not convinced UL is that great of team. I honestly think we should have been up by 42-10 at the half if not for some dropped balls and strips that were on the receivers.

Once the coaches get the receivers "coached up" more and when we get Renfro back, we should be unstoppable on about any drive.

I would be fine playing UL again in the playoffs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2016, 3:42 AM

I hope they make it to the playoffs personally. I'm tired of hearing about all the other conferences and not as much love for the ACC. Yes, we have our week teams as does every conference. But having 2 ACC teams in the playoff would be huge. I'm not concerned to play them again. I see the same outcome or a blowout by Clemson. Last year we didn't start playing our best football till later in the season. Just glad we make our own destiny from here. Just stay focused and play one week at a time. And whoever we play in the end I feel sorry for. Cause we haven't forgot about last year. Go Tigers!!! Coming to yall from overseas!!!

Re: Hope Louisville loses all of them now

Oct 3, 2016, 9:55 AM

Not because I'm afraid to play them again but because they are punks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope they lose one more solely because Petrino is a louse.

Oct 3, 2016, 10:12 AM

Absolutely nothing against the team. It's the coach that need the humbling.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: I hope they lose one more solely because Petrino is a louse.

Oct 6, 2016, 1:46 AM

Well maybe Bobby will get in another motorcycle wreck with either a mistress or hooker on back.

You know, I kind of of liked Louisville especially when they had Charlie Strong as head coach but not with Petrino. I hope Karma is a ##### to him. I just can''t respect UL for hiring him back when no one else in the nation would take him because of his off the field issues and the fact he it total scum.

Dean

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2016, 1:58 AM

You gotta be kidding me. If we ONLY had 3 turnovers we beat them by 20. I WISH we could play them again. I'm not scared of any ### botty. Bring on whoever you want. imdrhnk but stil think this way in the morning.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2016, 6:02 AM

Louisville had turnovers as well. Not nearly as bad as ours considering two of ours were in the red zone, but still.

Oct 6, 2016, 9:31 AM

nobody who has played ball thinks like that. it was obvious who the better team was. we were 14-17 better all day, every day

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Oct 6, 2016, 10:27 AM

When did you realize Clemson was the better teAm? After we won?

Oct 6, 2016, 10:42 AM

did you watch the game. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. read all my posts prior to game. they would have to play perfectly to beat us and we would still have to turn ball over. did you watch the game? it was ###### obvious

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Oct 6, 2016, 12:44 PM

I was on the 30 yard line...we looked better during the 3rd quarter and early 4th when Louisville scored 26 unanswered points?

We won't. They can't keep out undefeated teams.

Oct 6, 2016, 2:13 AM

And I think Clemson, Bama, Michigan or Ohio State, and Washington will all go undefeated.

It would be hard to say Louisville deserved a shot if you have four teams who were undefeated conference champions.

Oct 6, 2016, 4:31 AM

Scared @$$

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Oct 6, 2016, 6:01 AM

Tell that to Benjamin Boulware. Go ahead, I dare ya

Oct 6, 2016, 10:45 AM

I hope they win out. I would love to play them again. I've already said it once before on here.

Oct 6, 2016, 12:45 PM

For what reason?

Oct 6, 2016, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Hope Louisville loses one more *** ]

I'd rather play Ohio state , michigan, houston, or Washington. Ohio state will get exposed when they play someone

Bama and Louisville id rather not . Louisville is a legit sick team. Which means we are because we beat them, but still. They are good! Says a lot about us to beat them!

Oct 6, 2016, 12:43 PM

UL will lose at Houston!!!!

Oct 7, 2016, 2:58 AM

I cant say that Louisville will lose to Houston but I will say that Houston matches up against them well. Houston has an extremely fast athletic defense, can score a lot of points, and has a coach that has them motivated because they don't play in a Power 5 conference. Wins against FSU in the bowl and beating Oklahoma badly early in the season is extremely impressive for a non power 5 team.

However, I wonder if the fact that they are playing extremely week teams each week will not hurt them, I would give the edge to the home team and I am not sure if the game is at Louisville or Houston.

That should be a entertaining game to watch later this season.

Dean

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic