Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bailey, our 13 yr old black lab, is not well. We took her to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 934

Bailey, our 13 yr old black lab, is not well. We took her to

Dec 25, 2017, 9:49 PM

the emergency vet last night at midnight, got home at 3. Took her again at 10 am, got home at 3:30. First it seemed she had some sort of stroke, she was glassy-eyed and not responsive. She rebounded until this am, when she didn't want to get up or eat. No clear results, now she's home under more pain med for bad back knees/hips and nausea. Teh BEST DOG EVAR, Rally, girl.

Came home to a crush of son's family here, daughter of here, opening presents, cooking and hosting supper for inlaws. Just now got quiet, having a nice bourbon. Maybe 2. TOAST. Watching Christmas Vacation, looking forward to cousin Eddie's quote about getting Clark something really nice wit Clark's money.

https://www.abc.virginia.gov/products/whiskey/john-j-bowman-virginia-straight-bourbon#/product?productSize=0

Glad to see all the best wishes etc, Murray Christmas to All, and to all a Good Night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RALLY GIRL!***

Dec 25, 2017, 9:55 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pic in her laser treatment googles

Dec 25, 2017, 9:57 PM
bailey.JPG(61.7 K)

yep.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She’s a handsome beast.

Dec 25, 2017, 9:59 PM

Hoping for a full recovery and another 13 years.

#RallyGirl!

She's Super Dog. Able to leap and pee

Dec 26, 2017, 8:34 AM [ in reply to pic in her laser treatment googles ]

Tall fire hydrants in a single bound. God bless her and her humans. I said "bye" at the end of our food blessing. My granddaughter looked up at me and said, Papa you're supposed to say amen. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tell me about this "laser treatment"

Dec 26, 2017, 2:33 PM [ in reply to pic in her laser treatment googles ]

Vet wanted to give our lab the treatment. She pulled a muscle when jumping up on the patio after going in the woods. She and I are kindred spirits in that we are in such great shape we could pull a muscle taking a ####.

Anywho, vet visit: "she could have strained or sprained her shoulder....or she could have torn cartilage. We would need to do MRI to be sure. We will give her some meds, have her rest for a couple of days and if it doesnt improve, bring her back for MRI. We can also do Laser treatment to help her with the pain."

me: "laser treatment? no thanks, the pain meds will do. She is going to be confined in her kennel for the the next two days due to travel anyway. See ya."

Wife of: "Laser#######treatment? W-T-actual-F?!, uhm NO."

What does this "treatment" do other than pay the Vet's beach house mortgage?

yeah, I thought it was bogus too. But we did it a couple

Dec 27, 2017, 9:51 AM

years ago when Bailey tweaked a muscle or something in one of her back legs. Did a series of 10 or so, and it really helped. Just a pain to get her back and forth 30-45 min each way to our vet.

go all baileys***

Dec 25, 2017, 10:26 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's tough. Prayers for Bailey.***

Dec 25, 2017, 10:48 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I hate to hear that.

Dec 25, 2017, 11:17 PM

Ask the vet about idiopathic vestibular disease. Sometimes called "old dog disease". It mimics a stroke the first few times, but its only because the dog has never experienced being dizzy like that.

Its not curable, but its also not fatal.

thanks bud.***

Dec 26, 2017, 12:43 AM

Re: I hate to hear that.

Dec 27, 2017, 1:51 PM [ in reply to I hate to hear that. ]

Our 13 year old lab mix, Scotch, came down with this last year. Happened in the middle of the night (do these types of things happen at any other time of day?!?) and his eyes were racing back and forth. Took him in first thing in the AM, and they said the eyes were the telltale sign of “old dog disease”. He gradually improved, but he would walk sideways and hold his head a little cockeyed.

We had to let him cross the rainbow bridge a couple weeks later as a result of a separate injury that would have been too much for him (and us) to treat/manage quality of life, but he lived a much better life than he was initially destined for.

Come on you got this Bailey. ******

Dec 26, 2017, 7:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope Bailey pulls through. Our 14ish year old Collie mix had

Dec 26, 2017, 8:20 AM

the same symptoms. Was a brain tumor, which that breed is prone to. She was given phenobarbital (seriously) and it controlled her symptoms for about a year before she succumbed.

Sucks that we outlive our dogs, but that is what we sign up for when we get them. As a lady said to me the day I had to take ol' Bartow to be put down, "Our pets are angels that visit with us for a while". Amazing how much compassion there was in that waiting room. Way more than most humans elicit. I think that says something about us vs. the animals.

OK. I'm getting too deep here.

Hope Bailey pulls through. Wishing you & yours a Botetourt-y good holiday season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was deep and heavy bro.******

Dec 26, 2017, 9:27 AM

T's and P's

Dec 26, 2017, 8:40 AM

for Bailey and all of you guys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bailey update. Life is good.

Dec 26, 2017, 8:36 PM

after laying low yesterday kinda doped up on a pain med injection, Bailey has been much better today. The ongoing additional pain med seems to be helping too. Surprisingly the vet guessed right that although we didn't see an event that made her back legs bother her worse suddenly, apparently that was her issue. We're going to restart a batch of laser treatments.

She's heading along towards the end, but it's not her time yet. Thanks for all the positive vibes and comments.

:) ******

Dec 26, 2017, 9:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great to hear!***

Dec 26, 2017, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Bailey update. Life is good. ]

Good to hear!***

Dec 27, 2017, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Bailey update. Life is good. ]

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tried to TU all your posts but for some reason I can't

Dec 26, 2017, 8:59 PM

But glad to hear Bailey is doing better.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 934
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic