Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hope Athlon is right on the Clemson-UNC prediction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,781

Hope Athlon is right on the Clemson-UNC prediction

Sep 26, 2014, 8:35 PM

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/clemson-tigers-vs-north-carolina-tar-heels-game-preview-and-prediction

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are giving UNC more points than I

Sep 26, 2014, 11:22 PM

It will be ugly for UNC. More like Tigers 65-UNC 10

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They are giving UNC more points than I

Sep 27, 2014, 3:48 AM

It is really hard to predict what any team will do after playing the worse game UNC will probably play in a decade. This one scares me a little that absolutely no one is giving UNC a snow balls chance in H&ll of winning this game. A wounded dog half dead can deliver a pretty vicious bite....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Clemson/UNC games have long resembled pots of

Sep 27, 2014, 7:03 AM

boiling angst, mainly due to the general feelings of despicability between the two camps.

They have long considered us (and the Gamecocks, for that matter) to be low-life, backwoods redneckabillies, while we sneer at their high-brow, uppity snootiness mixed in with their sense of entitlement due to their inclusion in the infamous Tobacco Road gang.

Therefore, nothing short of a brutal posterior-stomping by us will suffice, despite the one laid on them by the Pirates last week. While we may not see the same numbers, maximum overdrive in jet thruster mode with afterburners is what I'd prefer on Clemson's part.

Then, I'll have a good, long while to tweak the Dickens out of my dearly-beloved UNC-alumni nephews and niece in Charlotte, all of whom always resort to the "Wait until basketball season" comebacks. (Said by me with a hint of sarcastic derision.) lol

GOOOOO TIGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS!!!! STOMP THE GOATS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Clemson/UNC games have long resembled pots of

Sep 27, 2014, 8:29 AM

Count me in the "no idea" about how the game plays out except Tigers win. It could be a lot closer than many are predicting.

UNC can't be as bad as last week's score indicated and while Watson looked fantastic last week, we don't have a big enough body of work from him and he's still a freshman....so one should expect some mistakes. ECU actually has a running game that had to be respected......UNC won't be as concerned about a running game today.

And here's the other concern, WTH was with the run defense at UGA if it was able to hold the #1 team to 13 yards rushing? Does FSU have issues that Venables exposed and maybe they aren't as good as their #1 ranking? If FSU is not who we think and UGA who loss to a horrid SCAR defense was a loss, then what do we really know about the Tiger defense yet? Throw in a starting qb who is a frosh, and many need to chill on expecting a blowout today.

Sludge...Long ago I adopted Frank Howard's attitude that

Sep 27, 2014, 8:37 AM

as long as we have one point more than our opponents at the end of the game, then a win is a win is a win.

Thus, one more point than the Heels tonight will suffice for me, although I'd prefer more. We'll see what our fellows are made of this evening.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Clemson/UNC games have long resembled pots of

Sep 27, 2014, 8:34 AM [ in reply to The Clemson/UNC games have long resembled pots of ]

''Wait until basketball season''?

Yeah that's great!!. can't wait to beat that overrated basketball team...

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,781
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic