Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
its astonishing how many of you people
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

its astonishing how many of you people

Jan 4, 2019, 3:36 PM

used to wait tables.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It should be a requirement that a young person has to for at least a month.

Jan 4, 2019, 3:39 PM

They would soon realize how ###### a job it is, and why a 20% tip is required for good service.

So many times I had tables that had a great time and only tipped 10% bc they were old, cheap, foreign, etc. If you don’t have the extra 3$ to tip 20% then don’t go eat to eat.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WHEN DOES IT END? ITS AN F&B PEOPLE CONSPIRACY.

Jan 4, 2019, 3:55 PM

I just read that in Naples the avg. tip now is 23%.

I remember when it was 10. Then 15. Now 20.

I’d think it could go no higher than 25 but who knows.

I tip between 18-22 for dinner but when lunch is only 7 bucks, I feel you need to tip at least 2 bucks. That’s 28%.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WHEN DOES IT END? ITS AN F&B PEOPLE CONSPIRACY.

Jan 4, 2019, 10:31 PM

Lunch: $4 per person if the meal is under $20. 25% if it's above.

Dinner: $6 per person if the meal is under $30. 25% if it's above.

I never tip less than $4 for lunch or $6 for dinner. Doesn't matter what the bill is. I go higher if the bill is higher.

For drinks, I'll generally do like 40%. So, if I pay $5 for a beer, I'll tip $2.

I don't judge other people for doing less. I just feel better by doing my part. Part of the experience of eating/drinking at a restaurant is having someone serve you. I feel like you should pay for it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: its astonishing how many of you people

Jan 4, 2019, 3:39 PM

I've done 3 jobs ever.

Jan 4, 2019, 3:40 PM

One was at a dry cleaners. One was everything but practicing law at a law firm. And finally what I do now (18 years and counting).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You've been waiting tables for 18 years?

Jan 4, 2019, 3:42 PM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Hooters isn't just a job...it's a career.***

Jan 4, 2019, 3:45 PM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mispelled “lifestyle “***

Jan 4, 2019, 3:49 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every fry cook at WH, is in that management training

Jan 4, 2019, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Hooters isn't just a job...it's a career.*** ]

program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No kidding...

Jan 4, 2019, 3:50 PM

Didn't realize there were so many stoners on tnet.

I washed dishes a couple times.***

Jan 4, 2019, 4:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it builds character

Jan 4, 2019, 4:32 PM

i didn't realize that people have made it through life not working in F and B somehow.

wish my dad had a law firm where i coulda done some sweet internships

^ This

Jan 4, 2019, 10:22 PM

I'm inclined to think if you haven't worked in landscaping, construction, or food/bev in your life, then most likely you are a huge pusssssy who is anti-social.

My jobs:

- Worked in family's landscaping business starting at age 10. Every weekend and every summer until I was 16.
- Fry cook at KFC
- Park ranger (i.e. cleaned bathrooms and shoveled ashes) in high school
- Roofer (1 summer...never again)
- Waiter (college)
- Bartender (college)
- Tour guide (shovel horse crap in addition to orating history while driving a horse carriage filled with fat people from Georgia).

Graduated college.

- Crap entry-level job
- Crap junior level job

10 years later - 6 figures. Good benefits.

I think a lot of conservativealex's schtick can be traced to the fact that he's obviously never had a real job.

all Kids should have a job serving others

Jan 4, 2019, 9:38 PM

It truly changed the way I look at the world.

If it were my world

Jan 4, 2019, 10:13 PM

It would be a requirement for everyone to work the other side of the counter for a summer or semester.

The world would be a nicer place

Amen.

Jan 4, 2019, 10:24 PM [ in reply to all Kids should have a job serving others ]

To this day, I physically cringe when I see people being rude to a service worker. I then froth with rage.

If you've never worked in that world, you would never understand. It really does help you put life into perspective.

Re: Rude?

Jan 4, 2019, 11:02 PM

Ya'll try coming up in the cotton mills and other textile jobs. It paid more than service industry. But lawz, them lent heads were a rough bunch. Most of them were salt of the earth people. But you ever get on the wrong side of one of them mill hill women you might wish the deebil was holding your hand! They could screw you over six ways from Sunday and laugh in your face. Mean as a cornered bobcat and devious as Saban hisself.

And don't ever flirt with one of them girls and then turn down her advances or you might think you were dosed in kerosene and lit afire. When the expression "Hayull hath no fury..." they were referencing those red clay country girls.

Rude, pfffttt!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic