Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Honeymoon is over
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,869

Honeymoon is over

Sep 17, 2013, 4:19 PM

ACC Upset Watch: Week 4
Sep 17
2:00PM ET
http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/print?id=60211

"I can already tell you that Clemson fans are not going to be particularly happy with the Upset Watch this week. But just as a refresher, the Upset Watch is not meant to predict upsets. It is meant to merely show there are certain teams, week to week, that need to be on high alert, or on watch, for potentially getting upset."

"1. Clemson at NC State. Tigers fans are used to seeing their team on the Upset Watch list. Earlier this year, it was Clemson that pulled the upset on No. 5 Georgia. Now the Tigers are sitting at No. 3 in the rankings and face a tough road test at NC State on Thursday night. Why is it a tough road test? Well NC State has developed this reputation of taking down the top team in its division over the last several years. The last time Clemson came into Raleigh, back in 2011, the Tigers were ranked No. 7 in the nation and heavily favored to win. NC State pulled the stunning upset 37-13. Coach Dabo Swinney still has nightmares from that game. Clemson is the better, more talented team. But NC State will be fired up, and the Wolfpack have some added confidence knowing they have a knack for taking down ranked teams. NC State has beaten at least one every year, going back to 2005"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok, just so that I'm straight on this...

Sep 17, 2013, 4:29 PM

Clemson is on "upset alert" for the NC State game. So if Clemson loses they were "upset" and will drop in the polls. And everyone will say they pulled a Clemson...even though NC State has beaten the top team in the conference every year since 2007.

However, if they win then they beat a team that they were supposed to but don't get anything out of it except a win because they beat a team they were supposed to and people will just say that NC State sucks...even though Clemson was on "upset alert" going into this game...

I think I got that straight...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Re: Ok, just so that I'm straight on this...

Sep 17, 2013, 4:32 PM

U do.. however, the way to end this is to put a good whipping on the woffies!!and on the other teams like them as the season goes on..keep winning and there is no talk of pulling a "Clemson"..OK??

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pulling a Clemson being redefined as "Whoopin' an opponent's

Sep 17, 2013, 4:46 PM

@$$; I believe Dabo and the boys are putting the "pulling a Clemson" talk to rest.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes you got it straight... double talk is golden at

Sep 17, 2013, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Ok, just so that I'm straight on this... ]

ESecPN...

Here is a quote from another somewhat confused Espin reader:

"Tennessee, playing its SEC opener, also has lost its last 17 games against ranked opponents. The Vols are 1-23 versus Top 25 teams since 2008." My problem is Oregon crushes Tenn--they are supposed too; Tenn stinks, they are bottom dwellers. Florida and Alabama beat Tenn--that is a quality win against an SEC opponent. If they are a terrible team, they have to be a terrible team for everyone playing them. UF shouldnt get a quality win for beating a bad team, Oregon didnt.

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

ESPN is trying to generate interest in the game.

Sep 17, 2013, 4:48 PM

We will wax NC State.

This is the stupidest sh!t I ever heard...

Sep 17, 2013, 4:59 PM

anyone could be upset on anyday! That means everyone should be on upset alert! Yea I'm angry!

Every team that is favored is on upset alert. ***

Sep 17, 2013, 5:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where's my sammich?***

Sep 17, 2013, 5:21 PM

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,869
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic