Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: WATCH: Should ND root for or against Clemson?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

FB Update: WATCH: Should ND root for or against Clemson?

Oct 29, 2015, 3:28 PM

WATCH: Should ND root for or against Clemson?

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hate these ESPN links!!!

Oct 29, 2015, 3:53 PM

90% of my T-net time is done through my iPhone!!

Elika Sadeghi try to try cry excuses for ND, but then...

Oct 29, 2015, 4:03 PM

Jason Sehorn gives her a verbal spanking. She tries to backtrack after that.

Sadeghi:
“If you’re going to write off that loss as being in the rain - as being a close loss; at the end of the day, it doesn’t matter if Clemson is a undefeated team or a one-loss team, you’re going to be writing it off as a game in which Notre Dame wasn’t really able to show their full-strength, given what we know since that game.”

Sehorn:
“No. no. I don’t agree with the 'full strength' thing, because both teams had the same ability. Like, it wasn’t like, Clemson played on a dry field and Notre Dame played on a wet field. Clemson beat them in the exact same environment, so… the problem I have with that is just, Clemson, as a one loss team in the ACC, then you’re like, to Notre Dame, “Oh, you lost to Clemson. They didn’t even win their championship”

Sadeghi
“It’s not intended to take anything away from Clemson, at all. I just think it’s easier to write off an early loss”

Message was edited by: tigersbite®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Elika Sadeghi try to try cry excuses for ND, but then...

Oct 29, 2015, 4:13 PM

She's right. He's wrong. Notre Dame's best shot at getting into the playoffs is for us to lose a game toward the end. They need two of five P5 conference champions to look worse than them in order to make it in. He's the one claiming that a one loss Clemson team looks bad -- she's saying we'd still be a quality opponent with one loss. From the two clips of that group I've ever seen, she is a much better analyst. I'm not sure why you're trying to put words in her mouth to make her look anti-Clemson.

Still disagree

Oct 29, 2015, 4:28 PM

I do agree that, as a Notre Dame fan, I’d want a Clemson loss. It would greatly increase their chances of getting a playoff spot.

I, however, wholeheartedly disagree with her argument that their loss to us was due to the bad weather. Both teams were equally as handicapped. If anything, it should have played to Notre Dame’s advantage.

btw - I quoted her word for word. How was that putting words in her mouth?

Re: Still disagree

Oct 29, 2015, 4:59 PM

She isn't claiming the loss was due to bad weather, she's responding to the mediator's comments while Sadeghi was speaking. Sadeghi said that the loss "was on the road to the number one team in the country" and while he said that the mediator interjected "on a wet field" and "in the rain". She starts with, "if you're going to write off that loss as being in the rain."

Re: Still disagree

Oct 29, 2015, 7:22 PM [ in reply to Still disagree ]

A clemson loss wouldn't help ND. It would hurt them. Best case for ND is win out and look good doing it. And hope that my tigers crush everyone else on our schedule. Then they'll look at it as a 2 point loss at our home and in the grand scheme it will be seen as a win. But a clemson loss to an ACC opponent would only make ND look weak. Pray we destroy all in our way. And the two Texas teams get an ugly loss. It will be a rematch of the game that should have been.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Notre Dame's best chance to make the playoffs

Oct 30, 2015, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Still disagree ]

Clemson and ND win out and there are multiple other (1)/(2) loss teams. ND could make the playoffs WITH Clemson.(I would keep them out just because they have no conference game)

or

Clemson to loose (2) games and ND to win out. A one loss Clemson should get in over ND based on the head to head game. (They would also need help from some losses from other teams as well)

or

Clemson's one loss is to Florida State and we don't even play in the conference title game. (But again I think this hurts ND as well and they wouldn't get in either.)

I usually dislike Seahorn, but I do agree with him here

Oct 30, 2015, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Elika Sadeghi try to try cry excuses for ND, but then... ]

First, Clemson also played in the rain and a one loss Clemson team should get in over a Notre Dame team they beat. It also makes that loss look worse if we lose. Their best shot is for Clemson to win out, Stanford to win the PAC-12, and the other conferences to cannibalize themselves. They should be pulling for Clemson, Stanford, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, and Michigan in all of their respective conferences. I think Ohio State beats MSU but may very well lose to Michigan, that's why I have Michigan in there.

All of this being said, Notre Dame may still get snubbed. Unlike ask the teams in the P5 conferences, they don't have a representative on the committee.this would be best for the ACC, and therefore Clemson as it will allow them they will have to likely join a conference in football and it will likely be the ACC.

Honey.....go make tiger nation some

Oct 29, 2015, 4:53 PM

sandwiches...

I'll take mine with a bag of chips....

Oct 29, 2015, 5:34 PM

make me 2 while you're at it. I'm hungry.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Propaganda!

Oct 29, 2015, 4:58 PM

Used to have the tigers loose their edge and think they'd be fine with one loss. We wouldn't . the team must continue the one game season and win out. Then do the same in the playoff's . they are too good to fall for that trick. They don't want us in the playoffs. We must prove them wrong. (As to say my tigers)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She's gone down on everything but

Oct 29, 2015, 6:02 PM

the Titanic.

Re: FB Update: WATCH: Should ND root for or against Clemson?

Oct 29, 2015, 6:08 PM

I personally don't think ND would fare as well on a dry field against Clemson. Watson would pick them to death, and the defense would eat them alive. They were lucky to come back like they did

I'll Be Rooting For Temple

Oct 29, 2015, 6:21 PM

We don't need ND if we can win out. Go Owls.

Stanford will take care of ND***

Oct 29, 2015, 11:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stanford will take care of ND***

Oct 30, 2015, 8:23 AM

I'm fine with ND making the play-offs with Clemson. Legitimizes both teams that much more. I wouldn't mind Stanford making it, either, given the respect Shaw and Dabo have for each other. More than anything, though...I want to see the SEC watching from their homes! :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should we be rooting for ND to win out?

Oct 30, 2015, 9:16 AM

and fsu for that matter(excluding the bully beat down they'll get next weekend) to help legitimize our strength of schedule? aside from maybe the winner of the coastal(duke?), those are possibly the only 2 ranked teams we'll play this season.

hate the idea of rooting for either of these teams, but i'll take one for the team if necessary. Go Tigers!

ND shoot hope for another P5 conf champ to have a loss

Oct 30, 2015, 10:27 AM

Like for the B1G East teams to round robin. Or for Ole Miss to winthe SEC, or Okla to win the BigXII.

Clemson winning out is good for ND.

They also need for Stanford to win the Pac12, and even better if it's against USC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

An Observation

Oct 30, 2015, 10:30 AM

Have you ever seen so many Indian/Middle Eastern people be interested in American sports?

They mostly seem to be good at broadcasting, though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: WATCH: Should ND root for or against Clemson?

Oct 30, 2015, 10:57 AM

I think ND's best argument is a lone loss to another playoff team and some conf champs with worse losses.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic