Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A lot of people started pointing out as far back as 3 or 4
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

A lot of people started pointing out as far back as 3 or 4

Mar 28, 2015, 6:56 PM

years ago that the baseball program was on the decline. Now some were predictably a$$es about it...fire legget tomorrow!, etc., nonsense type posts. But some just said the program was on the decline and needed to be dealt with. and those posters were RIPPED by some on TigerNet as idiots, coots, etc.

My point is, this ought to be an example of why there's never anything wrong with constructive criticism of things Clemson when it's warranted. Being silent about things headed in the wrong direction with our athletic programs doesn't make it not really exist, like some on T-Net seem to deal with it. Bash the people who are obnoxious jerks all you want, but no need to attack people when they simply say something is wrong with a Clemson program and it needs to be dealt with sooner rather than later.

I submit the current state of our baseball program as exhibit A.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

coot.***

Mar 28, 2015, 7:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: coot.***

Mar 28, 2015, 7:18 PM

That's prett funny.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A lot of people started pointing out as far back as 3 or 4

Mar 28, 2015, 7:21 PM

Well stated. Did not take a Rhodes scholar to see what was coming. Never thought I would see Clemson baseball fall this far. Patience will be needed for the next coach.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed

Mar 28, 2015, 7:22 PM

You shouldn't have to be a pumper to post here. I LOVE Clemson and support all of our teams and coaching staffs, however, it's obvious our baseball team is having a rough year. 2012 and 2014 weren't great but both were certainly better than where this year's team seems to be headed.
Not out there yelling fire anyone, but our AD has to be thinking about how long this can continue.
But for now, Jack's our coach, so let's get behind him and the rest of the team.
Go Tigers!!

Re: Agreed

Mar 28, 2015, 8:53 PM

Behind the team, will NOT be behind Jack-time for a change.

It doesn't really matter as what we say holds no weight.***

Mar 28, 2015, 7:32 PM

Yup, my 66% approval rating is a testament. ArmsB still

Mar 28, 2015, 7:52 PM

calls me a coot. DERoberts has called me a goober countless times but good is the enemy of great. Heck, we aren't even good anymore. He should have been gone in 2009.

Well here's a point.***

Mar 29, 2015, 1:17 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was saying it at least 5 years ago and was not being rude

Mar 28, 2015, 8:14 PM

nor obnoxious. I was one of the first to see the decline and I supported my posts with extensive statistical analysis. I advocated for the admin to set some very specific goals and anything short of those would lead to Jack quietly stepping aside. Either to retire or take a position in the AD. I thought the smart way to do it was like Wilhelm. Require Jack to bring in a qualified successor from his successful coaching tree then quietly step down a year or two later. But these things need to be done sooner rather than later, because the longer you wait the more everyone suffers, including the school and the program. And you end up with an ugly situation.

All my efforts got were vicious attacks by the Tnet mafia. The 20 or so self righteous regulars that Crump and BMeist let run Tnet via mob rule.

I was also the first to see TB was never going to get it done. I thought TB was a great hire, but it was painfully obvious midway through his 3rd season (his 1st without RichRod) that he was in over his head. TB is a good guy and did turn our program around, but he lacked passion. Coaching was more like the family business to him, not a true calling.

I also saw Barker didn't support Clemson athletics beyond lip service, which was confirmed by multiple Clemson insiders. The great things now being said about president Clements has brought that clearly into focus. Hopefully within the next few years Clements will replace DRad with the next Bill McClellan, the man that guided our AD to widespread ACC dominance back in the 80s.

All my efforts got were multiple bannings as we watched CU athletics across the board decline.

As I've said many times, I'm a Clemson grad, I love Clemson. My loyalty is to Clemson, not people. People, presidents, coaches come and go. Clemson was great before those there now and will be long after they are gone. Clemson is bigger than any individual.

null

Re: I was saying it at least 5 years ago and was not being rude

Mar 29, 2015, 12:48 PM

I couldn't agree with you More!

Honestly the decline started after the 2002 season. That was

Mar 28, 2015, 8:28 PM

the most talented squad we have ever had and we should have won the CWS that year. But we went 0-2 vs. USC and our program hasn't been the same since. At the 2002 CWS our decline started and Carolina's rise began. Then we got back to Omaha with a late season run in 2006 and lost 0-2 to USC again and the program noticeably declined. Getting to the CWS in 2010 was a fluke when looking at the program as a whole since 2006. But 2002 is when the cracks started and Jack's up tight high pressure coaching style was exposed.

null

One correction...when we lost to USC again 2-0 it was 2010.

Mar 28, 2015, 8:36 PM

Not trying to nitpick, just wanted to clarify that.

You are correct, but the cracks started in 2002 IMO and

Mar 28, 2015, 9:28 PM

the decline speed up after 2006. Jack's best 3 to 5 years were his first 5. Wilhelm built Clemson and it has been in decline for years under Jack.

null

Re: Honestly the decline started after the 2002 season. That was

Mar 28, 2015, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Honestly the decline started after the 2002 season. That was ]

I have been saying this for years!! it is absolutely true!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2015, 8:39 PM

welcome to the party pal.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2015, 8:39 PM

Im here and have been saying it for far longer than 4 years.

null

yea! you got all the whiners, the naysayers, the overwrought

Mar 28, 2015, 9:54 PM

couch potatoes, the immature know-nothings, the wannabes, the Board posers, the keyboard cowboys,

and the Coots, on your side -

all the ones who say "us" when Clemson wins and "them" when Clemson loses.

Bravo! Should be a fun kindergarten class come Monday.

As for me I'll go on making sure I post a #### site more positive about Clemson than I ever write negatively -

and I will never ever celebrate my ego over any Clemson failure.

GTH....

Sometimes the truth hurts. I pull for Clemson so I must care

Mar 28, 2015, 10:10 PM

a hell of a lot more than you because I get upset enough to want a change. You keep right on accepting mediocrity. Nobody is celebrating failure. The people wanting a change are pissed off because our failures.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. You must be insane.

"accept mediocrity", "insane", "care more than me"....

Mar 28, 2015, 10:24 PM

when you define "whining" on an Internet Board about your unmet expectations from people you don't even know

as "caring",

then you've lost your contact with your humanity.

No one said that I was "happy" or even "accepting" of the state of Clemson sports.

I just have a small enough personality to vent any negative emotions I might have publicly on an open Board.

But if it makes you feel "big", then be my guest....

You have a small personality?***

Mar 28, 2015, 10:49 PM

This a sports discussion forum

Mar 28, 2015, 11:23 PM [ in reply to "accept mediocrity", "insane", "care more than me".... ]

When things are going well, the discussion will be overwhelmingly positive. When things aren't going well, there will be some grumbling and criticism. When a program has been in a clearly declining trajectory as Clemson baseball has been, there's going to be a LOT of grumbling and criticism. It's normal. Fans want their team to win.

It's sounds to me like you don't want to participate in a discussion. You think this should be some kind of propaganda site where never is heard a discouraging word. I wish you would create that site... then stay there. Forever.

Just go away. Your nonsense is boring and adds nothing to the discussion. Add something substantive or be quiet.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the same #### is happening in bb now

Mar 28, 2015, 11:09 PM

If you mention brad can't recruit, u get crusified. Mention his offense sucks, bam ur a coot
Anyone who can't see his coaching can't overcome his lack of recruiting is blind or dumb. Were gonna give a guy 8 yrs to make the tourney

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2015, 1:00 AM

Jack's problems go back much further than 3 or 4 years. They go back to time when he started to turn down players from the State of South Carolina who ended up going to USC. In 2002 he was beat in the CWS by a USC pitcher who wanted to come to Clemson and had close ties to Clemson. Jack said he had too much baggage. He didn't have too much baggage for Tanner.

How about Scott Wingo whose dad played football and baseball at Clemson, but Jack didn't think he was good enough for Clemson. He was good enough to help USC win two National Championships. Those are just two examples of SC players that Jack didn't want that ended up at USC. There are several more. Since LeCroy came, they have started recruiting the State of SC and for the first time in many years we have one more player from the State of SC than USC. Problem is Jack has let the team deteriorate to the point that he can't get them back up regardless of who he brings in. Jack needed to have been gone back in 2002 when he started being a recruiter for the Gamecocks.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic