Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I guess Spurrier is learning that Clemson is the real
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 66
| visibility 1

I guess Spurrier is learning that Clemson is the real

Feb 1, 2013, 10:17 PM

football team in the State of South Carolina, beats us 4 years and a row and we still get more national attention and pub than southern carolina. Looks like we get espn at Clemson again for NSD. Old ball sack was complaining about this last year. Suck it Spurrier, you are in loserville.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I guess Spurrier is learning that Clemson is the real

Feb 1, 2013, 10:31 PM

Until we beat them, I'd be careful about that loserville tag.

sadly

Feb 1, 2013, 10:32 PM

I agree with your statement, but consistent recruiting like we have had will at least make that more plausible

Lets hope something good happens for Clemson with ESPN in

Feb 1, 2013, 10:35 PM

town

If Clemson misses on all the one's they look like they are going to miss on

it could be egg on Clemson's face

Clemson has got to land 2 or 3 of the highly rated players to have a great ESPN day for Clemson nationally.

if they lose out on Adams, Lawson, Baker, Alexander all those Coots will be laughing their ### off as us sitting there empty handed with ESPN reporters asking WHAT HAPPEN

Re: Lets hope something good happens for Clemson with ESPN in

Feb 1, 2013, 11:20 PM

well, good thing thats not going to happen, nsd is going to be great

Wow, mr doom and gloom. You worry too much about

Feb 2, 2013, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Lets hope something good happens for Clemson with ESPN in ]

what coots think and say. WHO CARES????

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Doesn't sound like Spurrier...he has long taken great...

Feb 1, 2013, 11:21 PM

joy in needling schools who "win" on recruiting day but csn never seem to beat his "loserville" recruits.

Have ya not heard any of his yearly slaps at UGA during the time when he "lost" to Ray Goff every single year on signing day, yet went something like 12-1 against UGA.

Some have different definitions of loserville, some say February, some say November.

Feb 2, 2013, 12:37 AM

Loser ole..not right now. But y'all sure don't have championships rolling in year after year. This goes beyond the rivalry..and y'all will never be a bigger national brand.

Feb 2, 2013, 1:16 AM

I read somewhere it has more to do with USC being on probation for the next 3 years.

Re: I hate to break it to ya...but traveling nationwide, SC

Feb 2, 2013, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Doesn't sound like Spurrier...he has long taken great... ]

currently already has a more national brand. Stop listening to WCCP.

When people discover that I am from SC, the first discussion is always about the success of Spurrier at SC and now it is about the Clowney hit...

Along with the two NatChamp in baseball currently has raised the SC profile pretty high and only the people at WCCP believe that Clemson is on the national level of Oklahoma\Alabama.

Feb 2, 2013, 11:29 AM

By nationwide, do you mean Georgia and North Carolina?

South Carolina has the same national brand as Ole Miss. A mediocre public university that keeps getting put on NCAA probation.

All things being equal, if a Carolina grad and a Clemson grad interview for the same job in Oregon or California, who do you think gets the job?

Re: Depends on who the interviewer is and what the job is...

Feb 2, 2013, 11:52 AM

....but most importantly on a person's work history.

And since you ask, though I am sure you are more knowledgeable about everything than most....Spend 3 mnths a year in Santa Monica, a little less time in Ft. Worth along some little time in Denver but always based out of SC because I can.

Just a piece of advice....after a while, the degree means a lot less than the quality of your work and your relationships. It takes some a while to figure that out, some never do.

Please see "off your rocker" below....

Feb 2, 2013, 12:13 PM

It was an apt description of you.

Re: Depends on who the interviewer is and what the job is...

Feb 2, 2013, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Depends on who the interviewer is and what the job is... ]

If the degree is important to the job (that is, if the job requires a specific degree such as engineering or architecture), then the degree always matters. And teaching at USC after retirement in a few years is an option.

Undoubtedly you have NEVER been in Santa Monica. The

Feb 2, 2013, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Depends on who the interviewer is and what the job is... ]

last thing people in Santa Monica talk about is FOOTBALL, must less UCS football. Please pull another city out of your hat, lol!!

you, sir, are completely off your rocker.***

Feb 2, 2013, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: I hate to break it to ya...but traveling nationwide, SC ]

Feb 2, 2013, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Re: I hate to break it to ya...but traveling nationwide, SC ]

i now live in knoxville (sec) i hear alot more about clemson than usuc around here. crow or choke on that

Are you sure they're not just coming to build up the

Feb 1, 2013, 11:36 PM

Nkemdiche flip to Ole Miss as if it were some big story that happened on signing day? I mean they might be coming to do the opposite of building up our class.

Keep hoping chicken

Feb 1, 2013, 11:54 PM

LOL

i promise

Feb 2, 2013, 7:45 AM

Steve spurrier doesn't care about your signing class. You can have your 5 star players, what have your current 5 star guys done for you right now?

So many posts about SOS being jealous and knowing that clemson is coming but it is all smoke and mirrors. Our signing class will be a great one too and even more well rounded. Worry about getting better and stop worrying about our coach and a bcs national championship,

Coot coot coot

Please remind me

Feb 2, 2013, 8:20 AM

With all the great recruiting / coaching the OBS has done at USuC, how many championships has he won?

Crickets...... Just what I thought.***

Feb 2, 2013, 8:40 AM [ in reply to i promise ]

Re: i promise

Feb 2, 2013, 10:07 AM [ in reply to i promise ]

> Worry about getting
> better and stop worrying about our coach and a bcs
> national championship,
>

That's excellent advice.

Why don't you do yourself and all of us a favor and listen to it? In case you didn't notice, this is a CLEMSON site.

Your input isn't wanted or needed.

Message was edited by: DorchesterCat®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are jealous of Clemson coming here. I would never

Feb 2, 2013, 10:29 AM [ in reply to i promise ]

go to your biased boards.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spurrier?

Feb 2, 2013, 7:48 AM

I don't think he cares what Clemson does on signing day. They spent the week after the Uga game on every sports channel 24 hrs a day. Then ESPN still rolled him out front the entire year. They get more attention in a week from ESPN than they give Clemson in a year. The SEC game is they only game in town for ESPN. Is it fair?....no....but it is what it is.

Re: Spurrier?

Feb 2, 2013, 8:59 AM

Gawd, you are so pathetic.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Agree, he is really pathetic. But he obviously doesn't care

Feb 2, 2013, 9:56 AM

how stupid he makes himself look. As long as the moderators let him continue with the dimwitted routine, then he's going to continue doing it. This brainless wonder is purely on the moderators.

But I do wonder if the guy is a pre-teen, or if he's an adult with some mental problems?

Re: Spurrier?

Feb 2, 2013, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Spurrier? ]

Your posts here have removed any remaining doubt that you are indeed an unwelcome trolling coot on TNet.

#6***

Feb 2, 2013, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Spurrier? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't think we are in a position right now to talk too much

Feb 2, 2013, 8:08 AM

smack. Not when they've beaten us four in a row.

Re: Don't think we are in a position right now to talk too much

Feb 2, 2013, 8:22 AM

This post isn't about our signing class, it is about the fact that Clemson is the national brand football school in the State of SC. We always have been and always will be. Why do you think we have higher TV ratings and ESPN coming to Clemson on signing day every year? Drives Spurrier crazy that a sec team gets over shinned in their own state. Why do you think he is trying to meet with reporters under bleachers at a bball game?

Re: Don't think we are in a position right now to talk too much

Feb 3, 2013, 1:46 AM

Actually, South Carolina had over 10,000,000 more viewers than Clemson did this year..

You obvious don't know how Tigernet works.

Feb 2, 2013, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Don't think we are in a position right now to talk too much ]

You check reason and rationality at the door. Only pumper posts are allowed. Any reasonable critique of a Clemson coach or player will get you TD'd immediately.

bigtiger

Feb 2, 2013, 8:45 AM

The path in the SEC is much tougher. You can win a national championship in the SEC and not even win a divisional title or play in their championship game. The ACC can't even get their champion into the title game. Big difference.

Coots don't win championships, Big Boys Do!***

Feb 2, 2013, 8:55 AM

Then too

Feb 2, 2013, 9:59 AM [ in reply to bigtiger ]

It happens where you can never win anything of substance, like the #####.

missphis

Feb 2, 2013, 9:13 AM

If I am anything other than a Tiger fan then its a Tar Heel. I just call it as I see it. Hate equals sensless posts. I could care less about SoCar. Just oost things that have merit and I might agree with some.

Re: Re: Don't think we are in a position right now to talk too much

Feb 2, 2013, 9:24 AM

Higher ratings, is that a joke? The simple fact is that there were a lot more eyes on South Carolina football than there were on clemson last year.

More people watched the gamecocks...

Feb 2, 2013, 9:45 AM

According to the ratings, South Carolina had 10,000,000 more TV viewers than Clemson did in 2012.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2012/12/college-football-wrap-tv-ratings-for-almost-every-game-this-season/

Your highest rated games

Feb 2, 2013, 10:06 AM

Was being humiliated by UF and getting spanked by LSU. That was great.

Message was edited by: Tiger Woods®

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Honestly, do you really think the ##### carry more national

Feb 2, 2013, 10:08 AM [ in reply to More people watched the gamecocks... ]

interest, prestige, tradition, and are as much a recognized program? The only reason you may have had more viewers was because some of the teams you played. There is some national interest in the old ball sack, but nobody gives a rat's #### about the chickens. Never have, never will. Just a fact of life you'll need to come to terms with. Your little brother syndrome is noted too.

cogan

Feb 2, 2013, 10:20 AM

Careful. That argument can be made about the Chic Fl A. It was an SEC team on the otherside. Clemson had several games that were below a million in viewership. The SEC carries viewers. I see on Jan.1 that Georgia/Nebraska pulled 11 mil and at the same time the SoCar/Michigan game pulled almost as many as the Chi Fil A. Just saying....

#7***

Feb 2, 2013, 10:46 AM

So you're saying more people watched Clemson and LSU

Feb 2, 2013, 11:55 AM [ in reply to cogan ]

than watched Michigan (one of the most storied programs of all-time) vs USeC?

What does that tell you?

ssLooooooooow.

LOL.

Re: Honestly, do you really think the ##### carry more national

Feb 2, 2013, 10:33 AM

You're looking through your orange colored glasses about prestige, tradition, and being recognized but facts are facts. 503,000 people watched clemson and duke on ESPN 2 at 7:00. 1.9 million watched South Carolina and Kentucky on the same network a few weeks before.

42-17 by halftime

Feb 2, 2013, 10:48 AM

Weren't y'all in a dog fight with UK until the 4th quarter?

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: That is not really fair as the week of the Clemson-Duke.

Feb 2, 2013, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Honestly, do you really think the ##### carry more national ]

game, the national games were LSU-BAMA, KState-OkState, Oregon-SouthernCal, and Nebraska-MichState....the ACC had Clemson-Duke.

Everyone was watching the national games...

You know Clemson is the the team b/c all the coots are on

Feb 2, 2013, 11:24 AM

Clemson websites/boards, not the other way around.

I f you honestly think your national brand

Feb 2, 2013, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Honestly, do you really think the ##### carry more national ]

remotely touches clemson's you are completely delisional. It is the sole reason your pathetic school rides the coattails of the SEC SEC SEC. Without the rest of them you are nothing.

The chicken coop

Feb 2, 2013, 10:46 AM

Is gonna be empty as ESPN will be in the Valley!!!

And for the naysayers: There is probably good inside info (At Espn) that there will be good REASON to be onsite at CU!!

Could very well be a banner day!

So go ahead and toss that Visor now....you old ball sack!!!

Re: Hope you are not setting yourself up for another...

Feb 2, 2013, 11:14 AM

crash like the earlier "Spurrier can suc it" post after Northern Illinois beat Kent State and some people thought Clemson was going to the Sugar Bowl.

Somehow that was turned into a dig at SC, though many people didn't understand why that was supposed to have anything to do with the team who had just beaten Clemson in the Valley with their backup QB.

Re: Hope you are not setting yourself up for another...

Feb 2, 2013, 11:21 AM

When was the last time espn was at usc for NSD? Even Paul Finebaum said it on his show last year that Clemson overshadows usc and that the sec picked the wrong program in the state. That will never change.

Re: Finebaum....geez, you just lost the discussion...

Feb 2, 2013, 11:25 AM

Paul Finebaum..geez.

Kinda stings that one of your "own"

Feb 2, 2013, 11:29 AM

thinks you are a second rate flash in the pan, eh?

Post is fair in that Clemson "HAS BEEN" the Football School

Feb 2, 2013, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Hope you are not setting yourself up for another... ]

in state since 1896...and having 24 more wins over SC even after having to play every game from 1896-1959 in their stadium is testament to that alone.

Now, it's true that Coots have won last 4 even though Tigs have had some pretty good talent (Offense especially) but O lines soft for the passing game.

Clemson has had a 7-peat, 6-peat, 5-peat & some 4-peats to pump up the stats to 24 more wins..but credit must be given to SC for the present "peats" which is the NOW.

Consequently, Clemson must & seems to be getting their act together (notice that each loss has been closer each year)..by outrecruiting SC for the most part..building better lines..plus Coach Spur "will" be gone sooner than later and things will change in Cola (even if another Big Name HC is hired).

Call it like it is..Clemson is considered by many nationally (not in SEC as much I'm sure) to be THE Southern Redneck Football School & Team in our state.

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Post is fair in that Clemson "HAS BEEN" the Football School

Feb 2, 2013, 12:58 PM

Unfortunately for most of us, thanks to some of you loonies, "Clemson is considered by many nationally (not in SEC as much I'm sure) to be THE Southern Redneck Football School & Team in our state."

Feb 2, 2013, 11:26 AM

SoCar has their kids on board. No mystery there. Clemson has several that will decide on NSD so thats the difference. Nothing more.

Re: I f you honestly think your national brand

Feb 2, 2013, 11:30 AM

Please educate me on Clemson's "national brand" the TV ratings just don't back it up, thanks.

You seem to think because the SEC, who is pimped

Feb 2, 2013, 11:37 AM

non stop by ESPN and CBS, that you are one of the crown jewels? I guess I shouldn't expect any more from a program who talks more about SEC titles than any individual achievement you nay have had.

Yep, he's confused. Typical cocklover.

Feb 2, 2013, 11:43 AM

Might as well take that silly chicken off the helmet and replace it with "USeC".

Cockboy seems confused. Does he really think people care about the gamecocks? What have they ever done?

well...they got rings for an 11 win season

Feb 2, 2013, 11:51 AM

probably was inscribed with "SEC also won the national title this very same year."

Yes, Natl TV ratings aren't all good but Chick Bowl was tops

Feb 2, 2013, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Re: I f you honestly think your national brand ]

among all the regular bowls..and maybe beat one of the BCS bowls.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: I hate to break it to ya...but traveling nationwide, SC

Feb 2, 2013, 11:31 AM

I assume the Carolina grad if its anything business related.

Re: Re: I hate to break it to ya...but traveling nationwide, SC

Feb 2, 2013, 11:39 AM

It was sort of a trick question. For a lot of companies, the Carolina grad will not even get the interview.

Don't get personal here..##### 4-peat...Clemson 24 more wins

Feb 2, 2013, 11:54 AM

That's the facts Boys!

Re: Don't get personal here..##### 4-peat...Clemson 24 more wins

Feb 2, 2013, 12:15 PM

As South Carolina sought to grow bigger than Clemson after WWII, they sacrificed academic reputation for size. Too many SC natives do get turned away from Clemson, and some end up being bitter Carolina fans.

Re: Re: I f you honestly think your national brand

Feb 2, 2013, 12:51 PM

Hey Ponti.....is there a REASON you are still here???? On OUR board????

Dumb$hit Coot!!

ALL IN BABY!!!

(If you can't say the same, be gone with you!!)

Replies: 66
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic