Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Honest opinion on NC State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Honest opinion on NC State

Oct 16, 2018, 6:40 PM

I think that they so far have received a lucky hand so far with WVU being cancelled, Dillon hurt for BC game and that's the only 2 teams with a pulse they've had to play so far. Watching them Finley is who he has been but his threats in the backfield are not the same as last year with Hines gone and State is still figuring out who their RB is. Their DL is still above average but nothing near what it was last year led by Chubb. They've been turnover prone at times and jump balls have gone their way as they've played sub par corners with little help over the top from safeties.

They have played no team anywhere similar to Clemson. We're superior at any position group that they've seen so far. TL has had his growing pains but I think it looked like we were waiting on the bye week to solve these issues instead of taking time away from game plan previously. I believe A&M was much better and complete of a team than what state is. Their OL will have their hands full with our DL as any team would, Venables will show different schemes as well as hiding blitzes like the mastermind he is. I think we hold them under 300 yards. Given we don't have a few turnovers I don't believe this game will be close as we win by at least 2 scores, our back ups are better than most teams starters and our WR's are going to over match their DB's. ETN is playing the best football of his time at Clemson during this stretch and I don't see it slowing down here as Feaster has had time to get back to playing form and Choice has been better than I've seen him before. Our OL has caught their groove and seem to be playing with a chip on their shoulder man handling the last two teams we've played which will open the deep ball up even more for Clemson.

Although any win I will take, 41-17 is my prediction in favor of the good guys.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honest opinion on NC State

Oct 16, 2018, 6:52 PM

I watched their last 2 games. Finley is definitely better than TL and their receivers are legit. They just out physical the CBs they are matched up against. I’m really worried about that. They also have one of the top rated O linemen in the country and they tended to want to run behind him and the LT on the left side. They are going to throw it 40+ times a game. I think their weakness is if Finley gets pressure. It looks like the only time he isn’t right on target. If we win in the trenches, I think we win easily. If they control the trenches, we might be in for a long afternoon. The winner of this game will represent the Atlantic in the ACC title game so we need to play our best game this Saturday.

Oct 16, 2018, 7:10 PM

if Finley is better than TL, its because state's coaches let him be. Finley has attempted way more passes than TL and TL holds a better passer rating, qbr, td ratio and everything. We dont need TL to play lights out to win, but state needs Finley to have a career game to have a chance

Oct 16, 2018, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Honest opinion on NC State ]

I don't see how you see Finley as better than T.L.

Oct 16, 2018, 9:20 PM

without a doubt he is right now. Every one knows Lawrence has a much higher ceiling. But still, Finley is good.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2018, 9:56 PM

At this point, Finley is a better qb than TL. TL is going to have a better career and be a higher draft pick. Keep in mind, TL only has about 3.5 games worth of starting experience.

Finley is a beast. I know a lot of state grads so I keep up with state (although I can’t stand state). He is easily a top 5 qb in the nation IMO. I think we would have a good shot to win the natty with him as qb.

That said, I think this could be a blowout. Their D wasn’t great statistically last year and they lost a ton to the NFL

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve seen them play. Their OL is not good.

Oct 16, 2018, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Honest opinion on NC State ]

But, Finlay is good, very good. Our secondary will be challenged unless our dL dictates the game.

IMHO

Oct 16, 2018, 8:34 PM

Well if Muse and Wallace keep looking too much in the backfield, the Pack could get a couple of big plays. Overall, they're a solid team. With all the seniors they lost, they are 8th overall in total defense. It'll be interesting to see how Clemson's running game performs.

Oct 16, 2018, 8:42 PM

They are 8th overall in Total defense after playing James Madison, GA State and Marshall.
I'd of liked to see how they would have played against a healthy WVU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2018, 9:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Honest opinion on NC State ]

You’re right and that could be why they said they had a few surprises and if they executed, they’d win... we’ve shown the same tendency in every game and that’s keeping our eyes in the backfield and wanting to come up for run support on qb scrambles. Mond killed us on it. Wake tried it but didn’t have an oline so it didn’t bite us.

We’ve also had the tendency to get out of position on our backend and fall for trick plays. D has got to play disciplined and trust each player. They fall for qbs eyes too much.

Offense, if we can trust a TE over the middle- I think we need to make them prove they can stop it. Would like to see us go with two te sets and sneak ETN or even Dixon out of the backfield and let em go over to the middle.

Also, sure hope they’ve worked on TL finding his check down and not looking receivers all the way. Simplify our offense and let him play, not think.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2018, 9:36 PM

Finley is potentially the first QB taken in the draft. I love TL, but to consider he is better than Finley at this time is simply ridiculous. I think TL will one day be a #1 pick in the draft. He just isn’t there yet.

Oct 16, 2018, 9:47 PM

Man who gives a d@mn about Finley’s old @$$...6 year eligibility l having @$$...isn’t he almost like 26? Fckn graduate already.

St had so much success last year because literally everyone on their OL was a Senior or more...they no longer have that. After watching film we are much more athletic and physical then they are...if we play mistake free Clemson football...you know, no muff punts or Simmons blown coverages...we will roll easily...St just doesn’t have the playmakers we have on both sides of the ball...

And for the record....Finley’s 2 masters degree having @$$ can eat a fat one. Ugly MFer.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Oct 16, 2018, 10:03 PM

You just won the internet with that post!!????

Oct 17, 2018, 4:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Honest opinion on NC State ]

jsebe10® said:

Man who gives a d@mn about Finley’s old @$$...6 year eligibility l having @$$...isn’t he almost like 26? Fckn graduate already.

St had so much success last year because literally everyone on their OL was a Senior or more...they no longer have that. After watching film we are much more athletic and physical then they are...if we play mistake free Clemson football...you know, no muff punts or Simmons blown coverages...we will roll easily...St just doesn’t have the playmakers we have on both sides of the ball...

And for the record....Finley’s 2 masters degree having @$$ can eat a fat one. Ugly MFer.

Wow.... Tell us how you REALLY feel!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bunch of #### ####### and mouth breathers !!!!!***

Oct 16, 2018, 9:58 PM

null

Re: bunch of #### ####### and mouth breathers !!!!!***

Oct 16, 2018, 10:09 PM

BV will have the boys ready to eat old man Finley’s lunch. He is a good QB, but to come out and say he’s “better than TL” is comparing apples to oranges. And, it’s a d bag comment. You should probably wear your pink to the game.

Not debating the rest of the post, but the UVA win...

Oct 17, 2018, 8:37 AM

Looks like a reasonable win at this point.
Doesn’t mean we won’t roll them Saturday..,but that might be their best win so far.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic