Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Honest Question: After 8 years, where will Dabo and Spurrier be
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,124

Honest Question: After 8 years, where will Dabo and Spurrier be

Jan 18, 2014, 8:13 PM

Basically, after Dabo's contract. I see our recruiting continuing to provide depth . Finally cycled through the "dandy dozen" class. I expect us red shirting and recruiting to allow our depth to start to shine through. I say spurrier finds a way to steal a couple more games over his last years. I honestly don't know what he's going to do next year other than put a saddle on mike davis like he would lattimore. Our d will start to seperate us from them. I see a drop on offense when Morris leaves maybe due to recruiting but Jeff Scott has been in the meetings, knows the lingo, etc. Hopefully Morris stays a while and really installs his smashmouth spread with his players.

I don't know what to expect from scar over 8 yrs? Your thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honest Question: After 8 years, where will Dabo and Spurrier be

Jan 18, 2014, 8:47 PM

My thoughts;Your either dillusional ,or full of it.
First off Spurrier hasn't stolen games.He has found ways to win when no previous coach could.And his five straight against us,all by double digits I might add have proven he has taken Carolina to the best five years in their schools history,like it or not.And while he probably won't get the coots their elusive SEC Title,I expect them to remain competitive.
And when do expect Morris to leave,and Jeff to take over.
And I wouldn't necessarily say Morris' offense is smashmouth.It is effective when he sticks to the game plan,period.
Frankly,no I don't know what to expect from scar over the next 8 years,but I can honestly say I don't know what to expect from Clemson over that same period.
No one knows,just like no one knew that FSU would win the NC back in August.

Do

Jan 18, 2014, 9:13 PM

You think spurrier stays 8 years?

Let's see: 68 + 8 =76. That's 4 yrs older than LB BiLLy & we

Jan 18, 2014, 9:18 PM

know what bad shape he's in!! Haaa and, GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's see: 68 + 8 =76. That's 4 yrs older than LB BiLLy & we

Jan 18, 2014, 10:03 PM

70 is the new 50!

Spurrier

Jan 18, 2014, 10:43 PM

Did steal, or should we say was gifted, a 6 turnover cookie. How many games do you win when you can't run between the tackles, and you're giving up 5+ yards per rush by opposing back. The answer is you don't, unless your opponent muff punts and their wr's are throwing interceptions to wr that are wide open in end zone.

I think scar will win east in 2014 if they don't lose to a Tennessee etc. I see us running all over them and our d getting to the QB since Davis won't be able to run.

The rivalry switches back to the rightful owner and Spurrier throws visor since clemson is scar's Super Bowl.

Then Watson should be ready the next year. Our depth will be better. Tough but winnable game at wb. I see spurrier stepping down since he doesn't have a viable QB, but mike Davis could be a beast. He'll get hurt though bc they'll ride him too much.

I see Scar winning a couple battles but clemson wins out in long run due to dabo success at young age and spurrier having a foot out the door because he can't censor national media.

Re: Spurrier

Jan 18, 2014, 10:51 PM

I think the real gift Spurrier was given was the Dandy Dozen recruiting class and a head coach at Clemson with no previous head coaching experience by Tommy Bowden when he resigned from Clemson.

Hopefully, taking a step (or two) back will pay off for Clemson over the long run, but it has helped South Carolina gain in recruiting and go on their current winning streak.

Re: Spurrier

Jan 18, 2014, 10:51 PM

and/or the Clemson alumni and BOT that wanted Bowden fired.

Re: Honest Question: After 8 years, where will Dabo and Spurrier be

Jan 18, 2014, 11:58 PM

I don;t think anyone who knows football would mix the words Morris' Offense and Smash mouth as you just attempted to

he is as finesse as they come

Now to wait for Morris to get his players???? He ahs been there 3 years and has had the best talent to ever grace Death Valley

Delusional on this one's part

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,124
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic