Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Your opinions on this Honda.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Your opinions on this Honda.

Jan 9, 2019, 9:55 AM

Well, I am thinking about getting another car. I am pretty loyal to Honda. That said, I think the design of the new 2019 Accord looks marginal at best. The rims on these cars to me are pretty lame. They all come with these lame rims. This is just some random picture I found online. What's your opinion?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not going to tow anything of size.***

Jan 9, 2019, 9:56 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: not going to tow anything of size.***

Jan 9, 2019, 9:59 AM

Yeah I have to throw my Dachshund in to go down the road or maybe some golf clubs. I really should step up and get an extra cab diesel dually truck to haul this load around.

Re: Your opinions on this Honda.

Jan 9, 2019, 9:56 AM

Jan 9, 2019, 10:27 AM

I like the white. Nice car.

I really really like the new Buick Regal hatchback with the ski racks and turbo.

Flame away but it’s a cool car. Awesome ride too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 10:28 AM

However I will never own any thing but a Wrangler or Brute.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 10:30 AM

Wranglers look cool, but aren't they uncomfortable?

Jan 9, 2019, 10:33 AM

No. Just have get used to the ride. I had my suspension upgraded and 35”/3.5 lift and it rides like a dream.

I hate the new design though. I would go with a 2016/2017 model. Resell is through the roof. At 100k with my AEV package, I can fetch 30k easily.

It'll look nice with your purse

Jan 9, 2019, 9:57 AM

i mean "man bag"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It'll look nice with your purse

Jan 9, 2019, 10:00 AM

Yeah I would have to get a purse to drive that thing. There's another 300 dollars.

Re: It'll look nice with your purse

Jan 9, 2019, 10:05 AM [ in reply to It'll look nice with your purse ]

This is my last Honda that got totaled recently. It really didn't need a purse. It was just a practical mellow car. I think the new ones look worse. This was just a 2015.

IE requires a monster truck to feel like a real man.

Jan 9, 2019, 10:16 AM [ in reply to It'll look nice with your purse ]

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well it ain't my schlong, paycheck, height, or status

Jan 9, 2019, 10:20 AM

in life that's going to do it.

At least it's not a two seat convertible***

Jan 9, 2019, 10:19 AM [ in reply to It'll look nice with your purse ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is like they dream of making if a fast looking

Jan 9, 2019, 10:02 AM

car, instead of making it the appliance that it is.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is like they dream of making if a fast looking

Jan 9, 2019, 10:08 AM

Exactly. The cheezed it out.

Toyota is trying to do the same thing it seems.

Jan 9, 2019, 10:18 AM

All they really need to do is keep the tech inside up to date and use paints and plastics that don't fade too much. My car is almost like new since I got the torque converter replaced. That was a warranty repair/recall deal.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Toyota is trying to do the same thing it seems.

Jan 9, 2019, 10:20 AM

Supposedly the new ones aren't selling that well either. Take that with a grain of salt, but a friend of mine who sells another brand told me that.

Do you mean Accords, Camrys, or both? If Honda and Toyota

Jan 9, 2019, 10:22 AM

have built a rollerskate SUV at the same price point as their sedans, that is where the sales are.

Re: Do you mean Accords, Camrys, or both? If Honda and Toyota

Jan 9, 2019, 10:28 AM

The new Accords.

you're correct, but it's still better looking

Jan 9, 2019, 10:09 AM

than the last generation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Acura and Honda went off the rails with the styling of their

Jan 9, 2019, 10:11 AM

recent year cars. Honestly, I haven't even looked near one lately, so I didn't even know they were still making them. I pass a Honda dealer going out to my mother house, and they are still open, so I guess they must be selling something.

Re: Acura and Honda went off the rails with the styling of their

Jan 9, 2019, 10:18 AM

What cars do you like right now? I am not talking a Benz S class or some 50k truck. It's tough to find a cool car now a days imo that is somewhat reasonable. I only drive about 8k miles per year. Actually, my last Honda I only put 4k on it the last year I had it. Anyway, I don't see any cars I like out there aren't extremely expensive (over 35k for me).

If you want a Japanese sedan that looks decent

Jan 9, 2019, 10:19 AM

in the Accord's price range, the Mazda 6 is wayyyyyyyyyy better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you want a Japanese sedan that looks decent

Jan 9, 2019, 10:21 AM

Yeah Mazda's are rally growing on me. The grills look cool. I need to check them out in person. The interiors look sweet in the commercials.

Used infiniti or lexus***

Jan 9, 2019, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Acura and Honda went off the rails with the styling of their ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would have to have features I couldn't get on a one year

Jan 9, 2019, 10:36 AM

newer Accord or Camry.

Often a luxury brand will have features that you can't get

Jan 9, 2019, 11:39 AM

on a non-luxury brand until several years later. But lower end manufacturers are figuring that out and putting a lot more tech on entry level cars.

But I'm telling you there is something different about a luxury brand. Even the Infiniti, which I sort of view as the UDP BMW, has something about it that sets it apart from the accords and camrys.

I had a G35 Sport with a manual and I traded it on a much newer GTI. The GTI is great and comfortable and way more luxurious that it's price tag suggests. It also has a lot of newer tech that I didn't have, but, I kind of wish I still had the Infiniti.

I really have no idea.

Jan 9, 2019, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Acura and Honda went off the rails with the styling of their ]

I haven't looked at owning or buying a car in sol long I have no idea whats out there.

Were I going to get another vehicle that weren't a diesel truck (something for my wife maybe), I'd probably look at a crossover SUV. They seem to be more practical.

Thinking about it, I'd probably still make her get a 4runner or a Tahoe/Yukon, because i might have to drive it.

I'd consider a 4Runner...IF THEY HAD A V8***

Jan 9, 2019, 11:48 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd consider a 4Runner...IF THEY HAD A V8***

Jan 9, 2019, 11:53 AM

I like the exteriors, but the interiors are just okay IMO.

Honda's have looked like a depressed soccer mom

Jan 9, 2019, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Acura and Honda went off the rails with the styling of their ]

for decades imo

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Always seemed like the salesmans car who didn't want a

Jan 9, 2019, 10:21 AM

Camry for the 5th time in a row.

Re: Honda's have looked like a depressed soccer mom

Jan 9, 2019, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Honda's have looked like a depressed soccer mom ]

I have always been the soccer Mom type car person. I had 3 wagon's in row. I had a Jetta Wagon and then a couple of Mercedes Wagons. I got sick of higher repair costs, service costs, and super unleaded. I like flying under the radar when I drive though and wagons look mellow.

Message was edited by: Carlsbad®

I can't imagine the resale of any sedan being very good.

Jan 9, 2019, 10:29 AM

Ford is all but abandoning the car market in a few years, and GM is cutting their line way back as well.

I've heard the same about Toyota also. No idea what Honda is doing. They may be the lone standout in that class/price.

Re: I can't imagine the resale of any sedan being very good.

Jan 9, 2019, 11:14 AM

I would get an awesome truck, because I like the way they look, but I don't want to spend 50k or whatever they cost now.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic