Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Q&A with Virginia Tech beat writer Chris Coleman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Q&A with Virginia Tech beat writer Chris Coleman

Sep 30, 2011, 10:19 AM

Q&A with Virginia Tech beat writer Chris Coleman

Techsideline.com's Chris Coleman stops by to give an inside view of the Virginia Tech football team. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Q&A with Virginia Tech beat writer Chris Coleman

Sep 30, 2011, 10:59 AM

The VT defensive backs did such a good job in the Orange Bowl vs. Stanford that Andrew Luck was 18 for 23 with FOUR TD passes and the one cited interception by the article. It doesn't look like they slowed Andrew Luck that much. By the way, Stanford won 40-12. There is obviously a way to overcome the VT defense.

Sep 30, 2011, 11:02 AM

there isn't...it's hopeless!

didn't you just hear how awesome Chris said they were!?!?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2011, 11:26 AM

VT Beat writer = Homer!! We might as well stay home....VT just too powerful for us little ol' Tigers. The entire VT team will play in the pro's, Blah, Blah , Blah. Keep hearing they won last 5 meetings....we have not played them every year! Tigers go kick the crap out of them....then the excuses will come out on ESPN!

CC's prediction is VT 24 Clem 20, fwiw***

Sep 30, 2011, 1:29 PM

Homer has a higher opinion of VT's secondary (etc) than I do

Sep 30, 2011, 11:55 AM

Hosley is really good, and they'll probably match him up against Watkins all game. But I don't think that the rest of the secondary is that good. Marshall seemed to pick them apart pretty well, despite the QB being constantly harrassed and sacked and being put in obvious passing situations much of the game, with no running attack. I think it's safe to say that Clemson's passing attack (and running attack) is better than Marshall's. If the OL gives Boyd time, and Boyd properly checks down to his hot read, I think Morris can make the passing game work.

Trickett is a much better passer than Thomas. As of last week (with injuries) Coale is their big WR threat-- and he's good-- but not like Sammy Watkins/Alshon Jeffrey good.

RBs Wilson & Oglesby are good. Not lightening, but enough waggle & power to make a guy miss, break arm tackles, and lay the lumber for 2 more yards. Their running attack will test our D like it has yet to be tested this season.

Marshall picked VT apart?

Sep 30, 2011, 12:17 PM

Marshall had about 120 yards passing, and -15 yards rushing. If 120 yards is being picked apart, I welcome it.

Re: Marshall picked VT apart?

Sep 30, 2011, 12:26 PM

All I can tell you is get ready. The ACC has NEVER seen an offense like this. If Boyd gets protection and all gaffes (turnovers, penalties, special teams blunders) being relatively equal, Clemson will win by 2 touchdowns.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Marshall picked VT apart?

Sep 30, 2011, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Marshall picked VT apart? ]

Marshall had 245 yards passing, 17 for 33 (and 6 yards rushing). That was the point - even one dimensional, they threw fairly successfully on you (over 50%, over 7 yards per pass). And they're Marshall.

You have a good pass defense, no doubt. We'll find out how good tomorrow. You'll be content if Boyd only gets 245, trust us.

Uhhh... You're off by over 100% on your made-up passing stat

Sep 30, 2011, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Marshall picked VT apart? ]

Obviously you didn't watch the Marshall-VT game or you'd have seen how lowly Marshall picked apart VT's pass D when the QB had time. But since you didn't watch the game you could at least check out the online stats before you post something like "Marshall had about 120 yards passing", since you were off by more than 100%.
http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=312670276

Tajh Boyd is a better QB than Marshall's 170lb freshman QB, Cato. Clemson's WRs, TE, pass-blocking, and running threat are significantly better than Marshall's. If Marshall can pass for 245 and Arkansas State can pass for 205, I think Clemson will move the ball reasonably well through the air.

Come on guys. You know Hokies can't read.

Sep 30, 2011, 1:25 PM

I'm surprised this guy's even able to post. Perhaps he forgot how since he hasn't made a comment about how horribly wrong he was.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic