»
Topic: Home and Home with Stanford?
Replies: 5   Last Post: Sep 9, 2018 12:26 PM by: gopaws4
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 5  

Home and Home with Stanford?

[1]
Posted: Sep 9, 2018 8:08 AM

I think this would be a great match-up for us. Although last night was prime-time ESPN ... playing 2 SEC teams every year does not seem to balance us from a national perspective. I would like West Coast exposure. Did you see the empty seats they had for USC yesterday? We would fill their stadium .. and it has a nice turf. They return the trip to Death Valley with limited fans. Dado and David are pals. It would help Clemson academics to be associated with Stanford in a peer type of manner (e.g Duke plays Northwestern, Vandy plays Wake, Rice etc...). Go Tigers!

Re: Home and Home with Stanford?

Posted: Sep 9, 2018 8:16 AM

I am glad we had this trip to A&M. I am only suggesting that we try to sprinkle in a West Coast team where we can. Extends the Clemson brand and allows us (players and fans) another cool experience.

I would love home and away with USC, Oregon, or Washington

Posted: Sep 9, 2018 8:27 AM

Stanford seems kind of boring too me, we play enough Duke and Georgia Tech fanbases. I also want home and aways against Tennessee, Florida (hah Gators would never schedule that), Penn State, Texas, Nebraska, maybe Wisconsin.

Re: I would love home and away with USC, Oregon, or Washington

Posted: Sep 9, 2018 11:58 AM

All great suggestions. Can you image us in Eugene, OR or Madison WI? And then have the Badgers come down here. It would be a festive tailgate to say the least.

A Stanford game would be an amazing Xs&Os match-up with Shaw. Yeah, may be a light atmosphere in the stadium.

BTW, switching topics, ETN ... I think we need to feed the beast. That kid is something else.

Go Tigers!

[1]
Posted: Sep 9, 2018 8:35 AM

Whew, I'm glad I re-read that. At first I thought you wanted us to play that powerhouse Samford in B'ham AL. I heard they should be a Top Ten team and almost impossible to beat.

Posted: Sep 9, 2018 12:26 PM

Totally agreed

Replies: 5  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 4 tickets on 30 yd line in Sec N row X asking 1275 each , half down for deposit and balance due in ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
932 people have read this post