Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Holding our D-Line
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,337

Holding our D-Line

Nov 5, 2018, 10:41 AM

So most of us know and understand holding happens on every play. That is a given, but Imm pretty sure that Louisville O line held more blatantly than any line since A&M, and yet no calls. Like, seriously, what gives? Im pretty sure that is what Cle was woofing at the ref about that had Dabo get on to him early in the game. Maybe refs figure our line is so dominant that holding is a given, but sheesh, it is ridiculous how they refuse to pull a flag out.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Holding our D-Line

Nov 5, 2018, 10:45 AM

I agree, I paid a lot of attention to our D line in the first half and holding could have been called pretty much every play. Took away several sacks from our guys

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I Would Love to See a Web Site That Shows By Penalty Type

Nov 5, 2018, 10:51 AM

How many of each penalty has been called for and against a team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 10:52 AM

Austin Bryant got hurt due to a blatent hold. The guy grabbed his right arm and tried to pull him back but ended up pulling his arm behind him and pulled him to the ground.

Austin went into the locker room for at least a series or two and came out with a harness on his arm. Yet no flag!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 11:30 AM

This is a concern if we play Bama. They almost never get called for holding even though they do it regularly.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 11:35 AM

How many calls have we gotten this year?

2 against A&M, 1 declined on PAT and 1 against NC State?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Louisville was called for holding twice Saturday***

Nov 5, 2018, 11:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will say this - Bama is very, very good at concealing

Nov 5, 2018, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Holding our D-Line ]

the hold and/or holding in a way that they know the refs will ignore. Credit to their coaches and players for that, but shame on refs and the powers that be allowing it to spiral so badly out of control.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Very simple - Refs don't enforce it.

Nov 5, 2018, 11:39 AM

And that unfairly punishes teams like us with dominant (or "dominate", to use T-Net lingo) D-Lines. Just like PI, I'm not sure they even know what the rule is anymore, as it happens on almost every play because it is so randomly and infrequently enforced.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nov 5, 2018, 11:50 AM

Earlier in the season, someone said something to me about a mandate coming down from the league office for officials to keep the flags in their pockets when it comes to holding our D-line, simply in an effort to put the games on a more even playing field (that is clearly not working out lol). I think that person may be on to something. I don't know if it's true, but Swofford and his ACC mafia knew how dominant we were gonna be on defense this year, and knowing him, I wouldn't put it past him to do something like this...if for no other reason than to minimize the national embarrassment of the rest of the ACC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,337
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic