Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Remember these things...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,267

Remember these things...

Jan 2, 2018, 12:56 AM

-This was supposed to be a rebuilding year.
-We weren't supposed to win the ACC.
-We weren't supposed to go to the playoffs.
-We have knocked it out of the #### park again in recruiting.
-Our whole coaching staff is coming back.

We are staring at the sunrise of a dynasty. Enjoy the ride.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

We were preseason #5 - that's

Jan 2, 2018, 12:58 AM

analogous to being within the statistical margin of error for a playoff projection.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

while in a rebuilding year.***

Jan 2, 2018, 1:04 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Hmmm . . .

Jan 2, 2018, 1:53 AM

it seems you want the definition of one to nullify the other. What is a rebuilding year? Is it:

A) a year where you are mediocre and great things aren't expected? Well, if THAT'S the case, then we definitely were NOT in a rebuilding year, since we were #5 and great things were expected. The worst you could say about a preseason #5 who resides in the same division with preseason #3 is that we were a dark horse national title contender, and even that is a stretch as we were 5, not 9, not 11, not 8, etc. So we weren't a consensus pick to make the 4, but we were on the cusp even as a projection.

or, is a rebuilding year:

B) A season in which you aren't expected to be as good as the previous season? Well, I think that would be absurd to call that a rebuilding year, since merely being less than last year's team doesn't necessitate being average, mediocre, solid, or even just plain "good." But let's go with that. If that's what a rebuilding year is, then what's the point of mentioning it? Is it supposed to be a qualifier of some value? I mean, if a preseason #5 finishes 3, 4th or 5th (we'll probably finish 4th I would think), then the projection was more or less on the mark.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We were preseason #5

Jan 2, 2018, 2:34 AM

AND in a rebuilding year. Don't overthink it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

and we only have 6 seniors.

Jan 2, 2018, 1:02 AM

Or 7 or 8, or something like that, but the point is we were a playoff team while being one of the youngest teams in America - most of the players that got us there will be back.

- H. L. Mencken

because they leave as Jr's

Jan 2, 2018, 1:58 AM

because they leave as Jr's

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course, I agree. The point is that we were a very

Jan 2, 2018, 2:37 AM

young team compared to all other top 10 teams.

- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,267
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic