Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Georgia Review
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: Georgia Review

Sep 2, 2014, 8:28 AM

Georgia Review

Georgia Review
Saturday had so many positives but ended with so many negatives.  The answers that were found in the first half gave way to question marks that emerged in the final 10 minutes.

The first half saw the offense get in a rhythm.  The running game was solid.  The blocking was m

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best synopsis I have read. Questions:

Sep 2, 2014, 8:35 AM

1) How do you think the coaches should get Watson more playing time?

2) Will they?

3) What were Catanzaro's numbers his first year? I seem to remember him as rather shaky that year.

Catman was a freshman his 1st season...not a redshirt junior***

Sep 2, 2014, 11:36 AM

Missed the mark Mickey

Sep 2, 2014, 8:45 AM

Our OL was hot garbage in the second half (except for Davis who played well). That is not likely to get much better as Dabo has failed to recruit effectively on the OL for many years (until this in-coming class).

ST have been awful for years, with the exception of CJ's unique skills and Catman's steady leg. Pearman is not getting it done and should be removed from his responsibilities and stick to what he knows, TE's (period).

Morris did a terrible job with his play calling and adjustments. He's highly paid and not earning his money.

BV still can't set the edge, which has been his consistent problem since arriving. DE's got schooled and LB's took bad angles all night. Without Robert Smith, who knows what would have happened as he played outstanding. DT's did fine but UGA just ran around them.

I wholeheartedly agree on the importance of the Lamecock game. It is the season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Losing Crawford hurt a lot, especially when Barnes went out

Sep 2, 2014, 9:06 AM

Crawford isn't a great pass rusher but he's the best run stopping DE we have on the team. UGA ran that sweep all game and got the LBs got of position. I agree about Kearse and Smith making plays.

We've got to work on that a lot. We thought UGA would test our DTs and they did the smart thing and went for the edge. FSU will do the same.

Re: Plyler's Blog: Georgia Review- 4th qtr

Sep 2, 2014, 8:46 AM

we were non existent on both sides of the ball. it was as if we weren't even there. fighting and losing is one thing but folding like a cheap deck chair is something else. we have way too many of those for a good program

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Zone Read

Sep 2, 2014, 8:48 AM

Great points Mickey. I agree about the zone read. Clemson's offense has been at its best when the QB is running the ball. It was always that way with Tajh. I think that Cole is a good QB but needs playmakers around him. Without top tier running backs we need the QB to run the ball some to open everything else up. I think that means more DW. Its not about Cole, its about what is around him. Cole with last years team would be fine but this years team needs a zone read QB.

Why does everyone think DW is a better runner than CS?

Sep 2, 2014, 9:02 AM

Just curious - Stoudt seems pretty quick and has a sturdier build than Watson. I'd hate to break our freshman QB!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watson has run the zone read for years.

Sep 2, 2014, 9:08 AM

You can tell with how smooth he runs the ball. Cole is a good runner but most of his yards will most likely come from broken plays when he takes what the defense gives him. Teams aren't going to respect Cole running the zone read.

Running in High School doesn't necessarily translate

Sep 2, 2014, 9:17 AM

I think both QB's are dangerous with their legs. I don't see that Watson has that big of an advantage over Stoudt in the running game. Of course we've only seen a very small amount of either one of them. It just seems to me that people are jumping to conclusions a little prematurely.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's more a familiarity thing with Watson

Sep 2, 2014, 9:20 AM

He's used to running the zone read while Cole is more a pocket passer that runs when he's called upon.

Re: Why does everyone think DW is a better runner than CS?

Sep 2, 2014, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Why does everyone think DW is a better runner than CS? ]

I agree that there is the danger of breaking our future.. However based on what I saw which was brief and the offense that he ran in high school I think he is a faster and more allusive runner. We don't need our QB to run all of the time but enough to loosen up the defense and spread them out. I think Cole would be great in play action but that only works if the RB is a real threat.

Good analysis but disagree about FSU.

Sep 2, 2014, 9:02 AM

They did not look very good against OSU. Their DC (who still has The Chad's number) is gone. Our D can harass their QB. I'm not saying we will win at FSU, but I am saying it is not an impossible task.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as Morris doesn't freeze up again I agree with you

Sep 2, 2014, 9:07 AM

we're on the road against a higher ranked team. We're not supposed to win so we have house money. Take your shots and live with the consequences. It's better then leaving your defense out to dry and watching a slow death as they lose their legs.

Agreed. Of the many big game brain farts Chad has had, this

Sep 2, 2014, 9:16 AM

one was possibly the worst.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His response didn't make it better

Sep 2, 2014, 9:19 AM

He pretty much admitted to playing conservatively because he was worried they might make a mistake.

I call that playing scared and it'll get your beat. It was obvious of D was wearing down, seriously only 1 first down the entire second half?!

He should have gone max protect with a FB and TE and taken some shots down the field. We'd already shown that our WR could get behind the defense as Peake, Williams, Kitt and Scott at one point or another was behind the CB ready to make a play

Agree. We just need to get the young running backs ready.

Sep 2, 2014, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Good analysis but disagree about FSU. ]

We have a very good defense. We now have experience in a hostile environment. We just need a running back that will hit the holes hard and run through arm tackles so that defenses respect the threat. With that and the return of Beasley at guard we should be much more efficient on offense and our defense won't get worn out by the fsu running game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: Georgia Review

Sep 2, 2014, 9:11 AM

Talent issue at tailback. Glad you said that. I wanna know why the coaches didn't see that.

Agreed Scoot is just better than Adam.

Re: Plyler's Blog: Georgia Review

Sep 2, 2014, 10:48 AM

Adam has always been a possession reciever. Never been a deep threat. Don't understand Chad. He seems to try and outsmart himself with his calls and seems too stubborn to change in second half of games.
Beasley was double-teamed every play and probably held on most.
Choice was supposed to be a hard-nosed TB but we never saw him?

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic