Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hill attendance figures from the Athletic Department
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Hill attendance figures from the Athletic Department

Oct 9, 2017, 5:14 PM

Some rather discouraging figures on student attendance. I wonder if students request tickets from the lottery and then don't show up if they land on the hill instead of in a seat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Simple..play a high calibre team (aka Auburn) & they

Oct 9, 2017, 5:20 PM

will come! Can't totally blame them for staying away to drink & have fun elsewhere what with the likes of Kent St & BC.

Of course we all on TNet would be there 110%.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Simple..play a high calibre team (aka Auburn) & they

Oct 9, 2017, 6:31 PM

Still, a thousand no-shows or unused student tickets for Auburn? That's 10% of the allotment. No excuse for that when it's a marquee game.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hill attendance figures from the Athletic Department

Oct 9, 2017, 5:20 PM

Time to open the hill for general admission. My children beg to sit over there, lol!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2017, 5:21 PM

Put in bleacher seating and open sales 1 hour prior to kickoff for all seats not taken by students. Charge 30 bucks each. You could then take small kids who want to go to a game but just can't sit for 3 to 4 hours. Simple!! Leave the lane open for the team to run down the hill.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not just no but H#ll NO!

Oct 9, 2017, 5:42 PM

Do not change the structure of The Hill in any way. It is a special tradition.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not just no but H#ll NO!

Oct 9, 2017, 8:20 PM

You guys just don't get it. You are really not changing the hill. Put in small earthen terraces. The safety issue will trump anything we want to do. You leave the middle smooth. You then sell the capacity amount for the seating areas to the general public. Then you release the remainder to students. It will always be a safety issue from the university. You have to be proactive and work around it. If you don't the Dabo will leave here when bama comes a calling. He's being as honest as he can be about his dissapointment in the attendance and atmosphere. Better wake up folks!! It's not just the hill if it ain't a top 10 match up the valley ain't rockin!!

Oct 9, 2017, 5:30 PM

Besides Wake Forest, the percentage of hill tickets used vs the percentage of total tickets used were within 5% of each other.

Wake seems to be in line with your hypothesis, but for the other 3 games, the usage rate is pretty similar between the hill and all seats combined. Gonna need more data to determine if Wake was an outlier or not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By the numbers

Oct 9, 2017, 5:42 PM

Hill Rates of attendance by week:
81%
90%
69%
51%

Other Rates of attendance by week:
86%
91%
76%
79%

Difference:
5%
1%
7%
27%

For the Auburn game it didn't matter. Opening week the difference was 5% and it's proceeded to get worse until the difference was 27% in the most recent game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: By the numbers

Oct 9, 2017, 5:46 PM

i'm not sure why anyone is surprised by low attendance at a noon WF game.

i had more offers for that ticket than any other so far this year, so it seems like a lot of people weren't going, student or not.

like i said in my other post, i'd love to see these attendance stats for the entire stadium as well.

Oct 9, 2017, 5:33 PM

So 1,000 students didn't show for Auburn and 3,000 didn't show for BC and WF while 8,000 students sat in their dorms because they missed the lottery. Something is seriously wrong here. All tickets allocated and thousands of students don't show. UGA pulls a students ticket rights if they no show. Time to turn the screw CUAD.

i'd like to see all attendance records

Oct 9, 2017, 5:38 PM

not tix sold, but how many tix came through the turnstile.

Just be sure

Oct 9, 2017, 6:10 PM

The hottie in the red dress ALWAYS gets a front row seat!

1,000 unused tickets for Auburn sticks out

Oct 9, 2017, 8:59 PM

more than anything. I reckon I read about 1,000 student posts or petitions female dogging about that.

The ticket system is broken if it doesn't track "no-shows" by student. Miss a game like Auburn and you should be last on the list for the rest of the year. And if it was because you drank too much it should be the rest of college.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic