Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
High Expectations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

High Expectations

Sep 11, 2016, 11:18 PM

Throughout the years I have enjoyed the big games Clemson teams have won and shared in the pain of the games they should've won. Through those years I've supported 'em and pulled 'em in. I was there until the last second clicked off the clock when Syracuse and Mcnabb beat a very good Clemson team forty to nothing in the gator bowl many years ago. Then suffered as I watched the next season begin with a forty to nothing blowout at the hands of Mac Brown's North Carolina Tarheels.

I am a true Tiger fan. And always will be. Regardless of the season outcome.

For years I knew with Clemson's rich tradition and strong, year-over-year defensive mindset all that was needed to be a national championship contender was a great offense with an outstanding quarterback. Well, now they've got it. The same crew that gave Alabama fits in the National Championship game last year exists today.

A few years ago if Clemson had played the way they did the past two weeks they would be 0 and 2 vs. 2 and 0. This proves they are a great team and well coached.

This is Clemson's moment. The potential exists. They have a potential Heisman trophy winner and a national championship team. The fire power is there. The defense and coach Venables have proven they are up to the task in keeping with Clemson tradition. The coaching staff is the best there is anywhere. The atmosphere is perfect. It is our time as fans and alumni to enjoy Tiger success. (Unfortunately I have to enjoy from afar in Texas - thank God for the ESPN app). ??

Whatever must be done, must be done to tap into that potential. If they don't the Tigers are looking at a dismal seven and four season, and a subdivision bowl game. Maybe another trip to Boise Idaho to play on the blue turf. But if so, I will still be proud of them Tigers. My blood runneth orange. I will be pullin' 'em in each and every game. Regardless of the outcome.

However, I truly believe this is the "Year of the Tiger." Last year we got close. This year it happens.

Gooooooooo Tigers!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: High Expectations

Sep 12, 2016, 5:42 AM

First off I don't believe in Rah-Rah speeches ,and what happened against Syracuse ,or Mack Browns Tarholes is past history,
This is this year .You either get it done,or you don't.You either listen to ESPN,and believe all the hype that you are the one of the best teams in the country,or you go out there and prove it on the field.And so far we have proved nothing except how to let two teams hang around till the clock signals 0:00.
Also,what happened last year in the Championship game doesn't matter.
Alabama came barreling out of the gate to start this season.We came out not clicking on all cylinders.(Granted,maybe our two opening opponents were better but you play who you play).
Continue running on 7 cylinders,instead of 8 and I can assure you Louisville,and Florida State will leave us at the starting line.
(I didn't mention Ga.Tech because that will be the first test as to whether we compete for that National Championship,or that 7-4 type of season you mentioned).
Either way,I too will pull for Clemson with all my might.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic