Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey, small but very vocal segment of Tigernet,.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Hey, small but very vocal segment of Tigernet,.....

Oct 27, 2013, 4:07 PM

we extended a streak of double digit wins over unranked opponents that's matched only by Alabama.
That means every other program in the country has played closer games against lesser opponents than we have during the same time frame.

This includes your beloved Coots 7 pt win over Vandy and 3 pt loss to Tennessee.

Maybe now you can complain more about Dabo's hat, or what color shoe laces we are gonna wear next week.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not good enough - we demand minimum 30 point wins

Oct 27, 2013, 4:23 PM

even on the road
zero turnovers (an INT on a tipped hail mary at halftime is acceptable)
300 yards rushing
500 yards passing
no negative plays, except kneel downs
we will allow ONE punt per game, but we really should never have a 4th down

on defense: no plays of over 4 yards
less than 10 first downs total
no scores, unless we have a 50+ point lead. Even then, a TD is not acceptable; it shows weakness

This will get the coaches a grade of A-
If I can do it on my XBox, then it can easily be done in real life

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dang , y'all know the same people i do !

Oct 27, 2013, 4:33 PM

i can see you only posted the starters expected stats. the 2nd string shouldn't lose more than 10% off those totals you listed , or the talent of our depth needs to be questioned.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey, small but very vocal segment of Tigernet,.....

Oct 27, 2013, 4:37 PM

Yeah, another good win, but we still can't cover the spread. I'm sure everyone who had clemson at -14 to -17 was just thrilled at the way we just let them score that last touch down...whether you appprove or not, it is a reality!

So...

Oct 27, 2013, 4:43 PM

the spread is all that counts? I don't care that everyone who had clemson at -14 to -17 was not thrilled. What I do care about is that we still won even though it was ugly and, imo, the team did not play like we know they can. As bad and as frustrating as it was to watch, I will take a win anytime, anyplace and don't care who loses money.

Well for the rest of us who watch Clemson football because

Oct 27, 2013, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey, small but very vocal segment of Tigernet,..... ]

we enjoy it, not because we bet on it, we were just fine with the 13 point win.

Gamblers are the last reason that the team should be worried

Oct 27, 2013, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey, small but very vocal segment of Tigernet,..... ]

about giving up a TD.

Really, we're weeping over the plight of gamblers now?***

Oct 27, 2013, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey, small but very vocal segment of Tigernet,..... ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

I don't gamble on games. So the spread means squat to me.***

Oct 27, 2013, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey, small but very vocal segment of Tigernet,..... ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

The spread is for gamblers. Maybe your upset….

Oct 27, 2013, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey, small but very vocal segment of Tigernet,..... ]

because you have a gambling problem, and you're blaming us not steaming rolling in every win on it.

Oct 27, 2013, 4:56 PM

Love that we won. Hate that we looked like crap.

One thing that Danny Ford ALWAYS did was honestly assess the team. He was never satisfied.

Consider me to be a Ford disciple.

Oct 27, 2013, 5:36 PM

What bothers me in reading TigerNet is the vast majority of those who have negative comments but do not sign in to TigerNet using the word Clemson,Tiger or any other site at Clemson, or a site around Clemson. Just saying .... COOT COOT.

I know most understand people hide behind an anonymous www, but it still concerns me that some, hope just a few Tigers, believe they are actually true fans.

Oct 27, 2013, 6:03 PM

So, using a derivation of your real name is hiding, while using a made up something is not? Doesn't follow.

Loyal fan, alumnus, IPTAY member. I spent so much time on campus as a kid going to ball games that by the time I enrolled it felt like home before I got there.

So, the only things you have to indicate that someone isn't a Clemson fan are either an honest assessment of performance, or a screen name?

For performance assessment, let's look at the coaches. If Dabo doesn't look at what went wrong, he'll be bounced out very quickly. He does, though. That's why we have Chad and Brent - the other guys weren't getting it done.

As far as screen names, the Coots are pretty dumb, but if they're trying to troll, I'd bet on them using something that sounds like a Clemson fan.

I am liking this Brian guy***

Oct 27, 2013, 4:56 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

Going to be hard to fit that on a ring.***

Oct 27, 2013, 5:09 PM

The problem with that stat is how arbitrary it is, no differ

Oct 27, 2013, 5:48 PM

Between 26 and 120. With how beat up Maryland is that was a #### ugly game and raises huge red flags for anyone that knows football. Hopefully we get things corrected and start to get back in gear, cleanup the turnovers. But you would like to believe these things were being corrected in games 1-2-3 not game 8.

Any way you slice it we are lucky to be ranked 8th now and we don't belong with the top tier bama Oregon fsu, we are a second tier team and where it shakes out from there we will find out. Let's hope we don't find out we are third tier.......

Oct 27, 2013, 6:34 PM

I fear Brian that every fan of any school feels like they know more than the coaches or players at some point during the season. I remember fans critical of Danny Ford because we never seemed to get more than 3 yards on 1st down. However, perception is much of college football these days and winning now seems to require "style points" thanks to the constant bombardment of highlights on the sports networks.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic