Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, anyone else wearing ORANGE for Citadel game?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 1

So, anyone else wearing ORANGE for Citadel game?

Nov 15, 2013, 5:57 PM

I am.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll be wearing my Purple during the game to HONOR

Nov 15, 2013, 6:00 PM

the military, not being a b!tch on the internet about it. One game a year they ask you to do something special, maybe someone dressed in purple will b1tch slap your a$$.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can honor the military how I please. One of the great....

Nov 15, 2013, 6:05 PM

things about living in this country. AND, I would like for someone to try and B**slap me because they will get it right back. I promise you that!

^ Bad Tiger!

Nov 15, 2013, 6:10 PM

Down boy.

Re: I can honor the military how I please. One of the great....

Nov 15, 2013, 7:21 PM [ in reply to I can honor the military how I please. One of the great.... ]

Lighten up, Francis.

Re: I can honor the military how I please. One of the great....

Nov 15, 2013, 11:02 PM

For those of you who don't want to wear purple that is your right. The military has fought and died for you to have that right, but as for me I will wear purple and support the cause.

You going to take your ball and go home now?**

Nov 16, 2013, 1:11 AM [ in reply to I can honor the military how I please. One of the great.... ]

NM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am a veteran and will wear ORANGE

Nov 15, 2013, 6:37 PM [ in reply to I'll be wearing my Purple during the game to HONOR ]

I don't now nor never have associated purple with the military. I don't need to wear purple for me to demonstrate my feelings for the military.

In my mind Clemson is ORANGE and white and purple but the primary color will always be orange for me. I have nothing against the other colors but I wear orange for the games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am wearing purple to support the military, the

Nov 15, 2013, 6:02 PM

student-led effort, and Rodriguez.

Also, it is one of my alma mater's official school colors.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

on behalf of Purple Heart receipients, thank you brother

Nov 15, 2013, 6:18 PM

seeing that sea of purple will put a grapefruit in my throat. You are correct on the school color thing as well. It's Clemson colors, and ONLY Clemson colors and anyone who wants to argue tradition needs to watch the YouTube video of the '51 Orange Bowl that was posted here earlier this AM where you'll see the Tigers under Coach Howard wearing Orange jerseys with Purple numbers and Purple pants on....Tradition didn't start in the '70's when folks tried to make Clemson a bland Orange and White like other schools or Orange and Navy like a ton of other schools. Clemson is the ONLY Orange and Purple school in the nation and why we don't embrace that blows my mind.

Heck, go naked as long as Tigers win!.......the next three!***

Nov 15, 2013, 7:36 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Purple...Show respect

Nov 15, 2013, 6:07 PM

It's for Military Appreciation Day in honor of wounded and fallen Soldiers... If you can't find it in your heart to show respect to our Nations Military for one day please give your ticket away. It's a slap in the face to our Military, to the Clemson family and Clemson University that worked so hard to put this together. All Purple, All In! Go Tigers!

I show respect by being there, standing tall and singing...

Nov 15, 2013, 6:13 PM

loud during the National Anthem and cheering/applauding during the service recognitions, flyovers, etc. And I show respect by exercising my right not to conform to some arbitrary wardrobe requirement and wearing what I WANT TO. I am a free man in a free country. Sorry, just wanted to see if anyone else was wearing orange. I don't own any purple and don't plan on buying any.

All branches of the military have "wardrobe requirements"

Nov 15, 2013, 6:17 PM

Just sayin'

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

And none are purple - "just sayin"***

Nov 15, 2013, 7:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

However...

Nov 15, 2013, 7:43 PM

purple symbolizes “joint” in the military world, meaning “all services.” In the world of color, if you combine Army green, Coast Guard Blue, Air Force blue, Marine red and Navy blue, you get purple.

The military has (for all branches) Purple Camp for Kids, Operation Purple Family retreat (for families to reconnect after deployment), Operation Purple Program (programs serve military families in three different phases of military life – deployment, reintegration, and coming together after an injury), Operation Purple Healing Adventures.

Purple was chosen because it represents ALL branches.

Just saying...

You are, first and foremost, a sad little man.

Nov 15, 2013, 7:23 PM [ in reply to I show respect by being there, standing tall and singing... ]

But best of luck to you in all your endeavors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

LOL...lighten up, francis

Nov 16, 2013, 8:16 AM [ in reply to I show respect by being there, standing tall and singing... ]

just buy a $10 purple clemson shirt. i promise your life will go on

And, just so you know, the Purple Out is NOT a requirement.

Nov 16, 2013, 5:06 PM [ in reply to I show respect by being there, standing tall and singing... ]

It is a request.

you left out the part about "resulting from enemy fire"

Nov 16, 2013, 7:30 AM [ in reply to Purple...Show respect ]

the purple heart is not awarded to soldiers,sailors,airmen and marines (or coast guardsmen)killed or badly hurt during non-combat training exercises or just doing their normal, sometimes inherently dangerous duties.
i like what we are doing, but to try and slam kb tiger ( who has served) for wanting to wear his orange is just outright wrong.

Re: So, anyone else wearing ORANGE for Citadel game?

Nov 15, 2013, 6:18 PM

Kbtiger did you get your answer ? Does it lower you man hood to wear purple in honor of the guys fighting so you can act like a child

Tell Coach Howard that Purple was a "soft" or "feminine"

Nov 15, 2013, 6:21 PM

or "Barney" color...in fact, tell my Uncle that who played in Purple pants his entire Clemson career from '52 to '55 and who is disgusted with the lack of purple trim on the uniforms and has been since the '70's.

Who said it was?***

Nov 15, 2013, 6:24 PM

Too many Clemson folks who think tradition started

Nov 15, 2013, 6:33 PM

in the '70's. I personally think that Orange should ALWAYS be the dominant color but there should be more Purple trim on all uniforms, especially football. It's not about uniforms, it's about celebrating uniqueness. What irks me is the total disassociation with Purple that so many fans try to do when we're the only school in the entire nation with O and P as school colors. I'm glad we are not Orange and White or Orange and Navy because with the Hill, Howard's Rock, Esso Club, DV, the Paw, etc. O and P is yet another thing that is ONLY Clemson and I think that should be celebrated instead of denounced.

Guess I did, but it may be more like a child to let....

Nov 15, 2013, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Re: So, anyone else wearing ORANGE for Citadel game? ]

others tell you what to wear. I don't know??

Does the

Nov 15, 2013, 6:32 PM

company that you work for tell you what you can and CAN'T wear to work? I'll bet so. Grow up and quit acting like a jerk. Purple is an official school color and even if it wasn't, what's wrong with wearing it ONCE to honor our military? Sheesh, stay home and give your ticket to someone that will proudly wear purple.

Re: Guess I did, but it may be more like a child to let....

Nov 16, 2013, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Guess I did, but it may be more like a child to let.... ]

Good thing you were not a Clemson cadet in the early days because you WOULD have worn the cadet wool uniforms or you have been sent home to mommy! Someone tougher than you WOULD have told you how to dress ... or else.

Will be the first time I have ever worn purple.

Nov 15, 2013, 6:26 PM

Gonna look great in DV.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't have to go if you don't want to participate.

Nov 15, 2013, 6:27 PM

Go make a point about clothing choice somewhere else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dont really own any purple, except a catamount hat***

Nov 15, 2013, 6:30 PM

Nov 15, 2013, 6:37 PM

I will have on a Orange windshirt over Purple windbreaker!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2013, 6:51 PM

I guess you don't obey traffic laws either? You see how dumb you sound? Nobody is telling you that you have to do anything it's called respect but you go ahead and be the bad man

no, wearing purple to represent and support my alma mater

Nov 15, 2013, 6:54 PM

no reason to be contrary for this special event.

If you had a Clemson diploma, you'd realize the seal was purple, not orange.

By posting this, you show everybody just what kind of attitude you have towards the University. Thankfully you will be in the large minority that day.

It's a purple out. I'm wearing purple

Nov 15, 2013, 7:17 PM

Nothing wrong with it

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can always hold your breath until you turn purple in your orange shirt.

Nov 15, 2013, 7:54 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are***

Nov 15, 2013, 7:58 PM

Not wearing Purple is pretty stupid IMO. What are you trying

Nov 15, 2013, 8:13 PM

to prove? This is something the University is doing that brings us all together. Everyone should participate. Purple is a school color so there is nothing wrong with wearing it.

People who are being stubborn and try to play this "I only wear Orange" crap or "You can't tell me what to wear" sound like a bunch of 5 year olds.

It's something our school is asking us to do and at the end of the day is putting on something purple really that big a deal? If your answer is yes then you have much bigger problems than what to wear at a football game!

"tigeringvegas"

Nov 16, 2013, 7:04 AM
Ribbon.jpg(92.3 K)

LOL
The students wanted to wear purple and that's fine, I'm no longer a student since 1975.
Where is the same concern when there is an Orange Out, many of the students seem to forget they are the ones that asked for it.
You and anyone else can wear all the purple you wish or want to, but you or no one else will ever tell me/us what we are going to wear
May I make a suggestion to you and anyone else, if you see us or someone else wearing ORANGE be sure to come/go over and share your views in person.
What someone wears does not make them any more or less of whom they are

Re: "tigeringvegas"

Nov 16, 2013, 8:20 AM

"May I make a suggestion to you and anyone else, if you see us or someone else wearing ORANGE be sure to come/go over and share your views in person."

Good luck if you do

LOL. Some people's egos!

Nov 16, 2013, 12:33 PM [ in reply to "tigeringvegas" ]

"you or no one else will ever tell me/us what we are going to wear"

You can wear whatever the #### you want, but despite who ask for it, this is now a University sponsored event and should be supported from all from the school. Just like anything else our school does.

And nobody needs to come up and tell you how foolish your stubbornness is over what to wear. You seem old enough to know that on your own!

Re: LOL. Some people's egos!

Nov 16, 2013, 12:48 PM

"tigeringvegas"

Not an ego more about tradition good luck on a purple/white cheer
you really think Dabo will have the Team wearing purple

Use caution with the words you chose to use, would not want you to put yourself in a position that would not be in your best interest

Lol. Is that a threat? Some people...

Nov 16, 2013, 1:38 PM

and to answer your question, yes I think we'll wear purple tops. It's basically an exhibition game vs the Citadel. At the end of the day what's the big deal?

and the answer is Yes Dabo will have the team wear purple***

Nov 23, 2013, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL. Some people's egos! ]

Nov 15, 2013, 8:22 PM

And why the hell would you even start with this idiotic post.

Nov 15, 2013, 8:23 PM

Purple all day!!

wear what you want brother.. thanks for coming***

Nov 15, 2013, 8:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

You People...

Nov 15, 2013, 8:57 PM

Will argue about ANYTHING. I think the purple out is an awesome idea and great initiative by the student body. But if you don't want to wear purple then don't. Come to the game, pull for the tigers, appreciate the military and just be thankful for your freedoms that allow you to do so.

Nov 15, 2013, 9:26 PM

Could not disagree more. Did u know that Clemson university was third in the nation during WWII in commissioning officers. Only second to West Point and Texas a and m. Wear purple dude! It's the one game we don't have to wear the same shirts and socks and underwear all of us superstitious fans do for big games. Lol! Bo be respectful to our school and our rich military heritage and wear purple. Go tigers

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our group will be wearing ORANGE***

Nov 16, 2013, 8:16 AM

Actually, I believe we were second, behind only A&M.***

Nov 16, 2013, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: So, anyone else wearing ORANGE for Citadel game? ]

Wow.

Nov 15, 2013, 9:30 PM

The intelligence/faux bravado of some posters is astonishing.

Honoring the military in a unique way is an excellent idea. Would it be unique if they asked everyone to wear solid orange for the military? No.

What's the issue some of you have with wearing purple? You make it seem like it's somehow not manly (laughable) or against Clemson tradition (does tradition have a shelf life?). For some of you to be so adamant about only wearing orange is ridiculous. I love how one guy bragged about not owning any purple - what does that make you? More manly? More of a Clemson fan/traditionalist? Seriously, what are you proving (that is positive)? Please let us know where you will be sitting so we can congratulate you on proving whatever it is you're proving - maybe you can enlighten us then on what that is!

PURPLE will be the color of the day.***

Nov 15, 2013, 10:06 PM

i'll wear my favorite orange shirt,as i do every game,i will

Nov 16, 2013, 7:09 AM

however, don a purple and white ball cap, w/a orange paw.it's a pretty sharp hat, i guess, for those that like purple. ( the hat was a gift to me)

Would you wear Purple to see Clemson win a NC?

Nov 16, 2013, 10:33 AM

jusaskin

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i didn't in jan.'82 vs nebraska. so no, i'll wear my orange

Nov 16, 2013, 12:48 PM

proudly, just as i did then.

as an accent color, yes.***

Nov 16, 2013, 10:39 AM

Hey kbtiger...you're also free to get your

Nov 16, 2013, 1:35 PM

### beat in this country too. If you dont have purple (Regalia) Clemson attire then fine. Idk how you couldnt seeing as its a school color that was brought w Walter Riggs from Auburn yes Auburn not LSU. Clemson didnt start wearing purple recently. Check out the letterman jackets and pants from the first game in DV. Btw DV is named Memorial Stadium for all of our cadets who fought in the World Wars.

Nope, just you...

Nov 16, 2013, 2:04 PM

...looking like a citric pimple in an ocean of respect for our armed forces.

But that's exactly one of the rights these men an women have fought for.

Be proud.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2013, 2:14 PM

Unfortunately, I can't make the game. I would be wearing purple for the first time to a game if I were able to make it. It seems like a great opportunity to try something unique for Clemson. Obviously, people can wear what they want, but I don't understand why anyone that had a purple shirt at home would chose to not wear it for this unique event. It isn't like Clemson is trying to start encouraging people to wear purple to every game. Clemson is, and has been for a long time, all about the sea of orange on gameday.

Nope, supporting the miliraty here. Wear Purple 1 game.***

Nov 16, 2013, 2:14 PM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Supporting the military here. Wear Purple 1 game!!!

Nov 16, 2013, 2:25 PM

If I'm there, I'll have Purple on.

For those who don't have any Purple and are coming to the game Saddy:

Go outside and slam the car door on your fingers Thursday morning. You'll have plenty of Purple to show off Saddy.

Re: Supporting the military here. Wear Purple 1 game!!!

Nov 16, 2013, 2:28 PM

IF...

It's too cold Thursday, just slam the bathroom door on your fingers. Closer to the bandaids too...

Guess you never were

Nov 16, 2013, 5:18 PM

A TEAM player.....

Replies: 62
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic