Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NorthAlbuquerqueTiger here,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

NorthAlbuquerqueTiger here,

Mar 15, 2018, 10:06 AM

But you can call me NAT for short. I’m a non-non alum who moved here after I graduated from Clemson. I love March Madness for matchups like these. My boss and a few of my coworkers are NMSU grads and I never thought we would match up against each other in anything. Here is my perspective on the match up after following NM sports for a few years.

College basketball is the third most popular sport in the state, behind anything Mr. Holly Holmes does in MMA and bull riding. That’s not a silly jokey comment either, it’s true. A local sports radio host said that these next two days are his favorite sporting days of the year. I assume it’s because the round of 64 games are the biggest, most meaningful games either of the two NM universities will participate in across all sports.

I like NMSU and their fans; they are laid back, polite, and enjoy the good times in their athletic programs without being disillusioned about who they really are. One good year wont set the tone for their fan base for eternity. And NMSU fans know that they own the state in sports much like Clemson. The University of New Mexico is in Albuquerque, which is slummy and full of crime, analogous to Columbia. UNM fans spit their dip at players who don’t make every shot, scream profanities during entire games, and don’t take their cowboy hats off for the national anthem. Analogous to SCAR.

This NMSU team is decent, they beat up on pretty bad teams most of the year. After last season the NMSU coach, Paul Wier, left to coach at UNM and coached a really bad UNM team to the conference tourney finals. I was impressed with how much better the team was after a season of his coaching. The NMSU team is still the one he built and coached. Clemson is more organized and their set plays are a huge contrast from the fast and loose style NMSU’s guards play. Should be fun, I am extremely excited to tell my boss and coworkers how much more inferior NMSU is to Clemson. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NorthAlbuquerqueTiger here,

Mar 15, 2018, 10:08 AM

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Mar 15, 2018, 10:08 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: NorthAlbuquerqueTiger here,***

Mar 15, 2018, 10:15 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Safety Tip:

Mar 15, 2018, 10:17 AM

Don't go by NAT.

It has history.

Dollars to donuts the OP's aware.***

Mar 15, 2018, 10:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dollars to donuts the OP's aware.***

Mar 15, 2018, 10:20 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Mmmm donuts

Mar 15, 2018, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Dollars to donuts the OP's aware.*** ]

Signed,

SpillerHighLife®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Huh?

Mar 15, 2018, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Dollars to donuts the OP's aware.*** ]

I'm pretty sure OP said he was NorthAlbuquerqueTiger?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYK6jmGPiVc

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, I was hoping to care less & here you are...

Mar 15, 2018, 11:46 AM

Happy Thursday 2013.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks, I was hoping to care less & here you are...

Mar 15, 2018, 1:10 PM

Happy tourney day, DSP!

Did someone say NAT?

Mar 15, 2018, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Safety Tip: ]
Fail_Nog.jpg(343.4 K)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2018, 10:19 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Mar 15, 2018, 10:21 AM

Thanks for reporting in Nat. I’m sure the Tigers will give you lots to boast about in the coming weeks. Go Tigers

Amigo***

Mar 15, 2018, 10:21 AM

Hola, Amigo!***

Mar 15, 2018, 10:23 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Welcome***

Mar 15, 2018, 10:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Your bonhomie might only be outweighed by your probity...***

Mar 15, 2018, 10:38 AM

Hey NAT, native New Mexican/Clemson alum here

Mar 15, 2018, 11:09 AM

I was born and raised in Hobbs. Down there, basketball is #1 -- not a close second. One brother went to NMSU, but I escaped and graduated from Clemson. It's nice to see the home state do well, but there's no doubt who I'll be pulling for tomorrow night.

Thanks for checking in and for the analysis. And don't read too much into the TNet comments. It's pretty weird here.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great nickname, stick with it.***

Mar 15, 2018, 11:12 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NATgate 2.0

Mar 15, 2018, 11:40 AM

I wonder whose scok this is?

Mostly likely

Mar 15, 2018, 12:16 PM

york_tiger®

Re: Mostly likely

Mar 15, 2018, 1:10 PM

not outside the realm of possibility

The Sons of Sandia....or

Mar 15, 2018, 11:47 AM

High Up In The Heights

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i once took a road trip with an ex gf to Santa Fe

Mar 15, 2018, 11:51 AM

I don't think they even know what sports are in that town

Pics of ex gf or it didn't happen***

Mar 15, 2018, 12:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Nice work. You got these RAGgers on high alert.

Mar 15, 2018, 12:48 PM

Knee-slapper.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic