Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Louisville players upset over #5 CFB ranking
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 60
| visibility 1

FB Update: Louisville players upset over #5 CFB ranking

Nov 16, 2016, 8:42 AM

Louisville players upset over #5 CFB ranking

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me file this under... WHO CARES!

Nov 16, 2016, 8:45 AM

They are in the rear view mirror...

UL is for entertainment purposes only.

Nov 16, 2016, 8:46 AM

not to be taken seriously.
if they finish #5 on Dec 4, the yuks and lulz will be sweet after all their chirping.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

GO HOUSTON!!!

Nov 16, 2016, 8:46 AM

Shut these guys up.
Oh, and GO TIGERS!!!!!

A simple laugh in the face, wait for eye twitch.***

Nov 16, 2016, 9:00 AM

Re: FB Update: Louisville players upset over #5 CFB ranking

Nov 16, 2016, 8:47 AM

I'm glad our guys are't allowed to tweet during the season.

If Louisville had played and beat Pitt then they would have an argument to jump us. They didn't so they have no argument.

Nov 16, 2016, 8:49 AM

Was just about to say, I'm glad Dabo has implemented the rule of no social media posting for our players. These guys are making themselves look bad.

Hey Louie Players!

Nov 16, 2016, 8:53 AM

Know how it feels but you lost to a slightly better team & thusly you rate 1 notch under them..the CLEMSON TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2016, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Louisville players upset over #5 CFB ranking ]

> Was just about to say, I'm glad Dabo has implemented
> the rule of no social media posting for our players.
> These guys are making themselves look bad.

It's not a Dabo rule - it is a team decision to not use social media during the season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2016, 10:35 AM

I hate to be that guy, but it all started with Boyd vs SC players. I even did a quick google check to make sure my old memory wasn't failing. It's all Dabo. Not the team. Boyd engaged in a flame war with SC players causing Dabo to perm remove social media during the season. The blowback was a bunch of articles calling Dabo a wet blanket for taking those "popcorn moments" away. I think it's smart. Keeps players from spouting off at the mouth while emotional.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2016, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Louisville players upset over #5 CFB ranking ]

I do not understand how they can argue. Michigan Ohio St and us all have better Ws. You cannot argue you have a better lose that is stupid. I do not see what their problem with it is. They say it is rigged?? We won the head to head we are better. As for Michigan and Ohio St they both have more wins against top 25 teams than Louisville. Play somebody out of conference and you might get some credit.

Wait for it.

Nov 16, 2016, 8:49 AM

When Louisville is 11-1 and is left out of the CFP... LOL

Re: Wait for it.

Nov 16, 2016, 10:38 AM

Unfortunately, they have a clear path in. Michigan plays Ohio State soon, moving Louisville into the four spot vs Alabama. This could lead to a Clemson vs Louisville rematch for the National Championship. If, big IF the hunger is back. This loss has been building. I hope it was the wake up call that was needed. I for one, would much rather play Bama than Louisville again!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2016, 8:50 AM

The facts are the facts. Head to head and record along with who you have beaten are most important. Who you lost to is 3rd. Take all those and Clemson should be well ahead of Louisville. As for the players, y'all need to stop complaining and go learn what 10 yards is!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But UL has the best loss***

Nov 16, 2016, 8:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dear LOUsers

Nov 16, 2016, 8:52 AM

See if you can follow...WE BEAT YOU, YOU LOST TO US, WE SCORED MORE POINTS IN OUR HEAD TO HEAD MATCH UP THAN YOU DID. We have beaten more quality teams than you have, as a result, you are ranked lower than us. I would draw you a picture if I could to help you wrap your minds around all of that very complicated info.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aaaand this is why you take the players

Nov 16, 2016, 10:02 AM

social media away during the season. Starts at the top...if your coach is a whiny b***h..chances are the players are gonna be too

Apparently, it starts at the top in the state of Kentucky

Nov 16, 2016, 10:35 AM

with the whiney governor.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

From watching Lamar Jackson

Nov 16, 2016, 8:55 AM

From watching Lamar Jackson, you get the idea the whole team is an overdramatic bunch and they just like to WHINNNNNNE!

From the state's govenor on down,however method to madness

Nov 16, 2016, 9:02 AM

I'm guessing if everything stays the same, no more big surprises, then either OSU or UM slip out with their head to head loss, and Louisville goes to #4. If they had put us or them at #3 and the other at #4, then the above happened, then you'd possibly have a rematch for the semifinal, which no one wants.

Re: From the state's govenor on down,however method to madness

Nov 16, 2016, 10:25 AM

Clemson has to win out and we know Ohio State or Michigan will have 2 losses at the end of the season so they're out, which bumps us up.

Soooo, if this plays out like I *think* it will, Louisville gets Bama and we get winner of OSU/M. I'd love to see Bama score 40+ on them so they shut up! (That basically proves the committee got it right imo).

Also, if Lamar Jackson gets hurt or something (I don't wish that on anyone) they have no team.

Team's take on the personality of their HC.

Nov 16, 2016, 9:07 AM [ in reply to From watching Lamar Jackson ]

He whined about the REFS and them being done wrong ,now the team actually acts like him. You didn't see UofL players acting like ignorant whiners when Strong was there.

Plus UofL needs it now. Don't their entrance requirements have to go up each year until they're at ACC standards ???Their days of taking in players./students that should be headed to JC will soon be over.

Nov 16, 2016, 9:03 AM

It went from a Boulware choke hold to a total team effort .
Clemson has Louisville in a headlock , and we ain't about to turn loose .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 16, 2016, 9:05 AM

Their schedule is a cakewalk, with one quality win, and one "quality loss". Im just glad the committee sees this unlike the talking heads on ESPN.

Nov 16, 2016, 9:12 AM

I can't wait to see Houston beat the ever living #### out of them. Clearly they don't have their heads right.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Whale, they shoulda won.

Nov 16, 2016, 9:16 AM

Loosers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Lousville's persistent whining is getting annoying....

Nov 16, 2016, 9:24 AM

All season long on this cross-country flight of football.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think they have a legitimate beef, though.

Nov 16, 2016, 9:32 AM

They're lone loss is "better" than Ohio State's or Michigan's. I'm not sure how they would perform head-to-head against OSU, but I think they would beat UM by 14 points or so. And I think Clemson would beat either more easily than many would think.

Still, the committee has a tough job. Based on all the factors, you can't put UL above CU, however I think UL is a better team than OSU or UM. So...do you leave CU at #2, UL #3, and then decide between OSU/UM for #4? Maybe. But neither CU, or UL (who struggled with Wake for most of the game) looked worthy of spots 2 and 3, while OSU went out did what they were supposed to do...dominate an inferior opponent.

I think a better choice would have been:
1-Alabama
2-OSU
3-Clemson
4-Louisville
5-Michigan
6-Washington
7-Wisconsin
8-PSU
9-WV

After 9, things get messy pretty quick.

Louisville's second best win is Wake

Nov 16, 2016, 9:37 AM

Let that sink, no way they should be above teams with multiple top 25 wins.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Louisville's second best win is Wake

Nov 16, 2016, 9:49 AM

Michigan has a few "better" wins than UL, but a "worse" loss...I guess it's just a matter of which you value more. I think the committee gives more weight to the quality of your wins than the quality of your losses, so you may have a point.

I gave UL a slight nod though, because I think UL would clown Michigan on a neutral field, especially since UM's starting QB is out. Supposedly the committee ignores a team's injury situation when judging which team is currently better, and that's fine, but I still think UL is the better of the two right now. Plus, watching Harbaugh have an epic meltdown as Lamar Jackson runs up and down the field at will would be kinda fun.

Re: I think they have a legitimate beef, though.

Nov 16, 2016, 9:43 AM [ in reply to I think they have a legitimate beef, though. ]

No.

Michigan has dominate wins over Colorado and Penn St, then another win over Wisconsin (who is deemed the best 2 loss team that actually has beat more than ONE ranked Top 25 Team).

This guy is correct, imo^

Nov 16, 2016, 5:56 PM [ in reply to I think they have a legitimate beef, though. ]

But UL doesn't pass the Fighting Tigers of Clemson that put a big L on their resume. sorry cards it just don't work that way; and when has it ever been that way? ya'll look like fools

Re: I think they have a legitimate beef, though.

Nov 16, 2016, 6:52 PM [ in reply to I think they have a legitimate beef, though. ]

The problem with your logic is that Michigan has beaten 3 top 25 teams and UL has only beaten one. I agree with you that UL would probably beat Michigan handily but Michigan still has the better wins. UL just needs to improve their out of conference schedule so they won't have these problems in the future.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Scoreboard!

Nov 16, 2016, 9:38 AM
chains.0.png(120.6 K)

Hey Looeyvul

Nov 16, 2016, 9:57 AM

Beat somebody then call back.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Sensitive?

Nov 16, 2016, 9:57 AM

Maybe these guys are too emotionally fragile for Sports.

You Mad Bro?

Nov 16, 2016, 10:04 AM

1) beat some teams with winning records
2) this is why Dabo has the "no social media" policy - these guys sound like idiots and crybabies

Everyone has been saying "Clemson is playing with fire every week" - but look at Louisville against UVA, Duke, Wake, etc. Sure - they beat the crap out of Syracuse and shocked the hell out of FSU - but otherwise..... ?

By the end of the season, we very well may have credit for the following teams that will likely end the season in the top 25:
Louisville
FSU
Auburn
Troy (coming soon to the top 25)
Pitt (coming soon to the top 25)
Virginia Tech (coming soon to the top 25)

They will have FSU and maybe Houston

Nov 16, 2016, 10:09 AM

These Louisville players had better stop worrying about the playoff and worry about playing Houston tomorrow night. Houston has nothing to lose and everything to gain from beating Louisville. In fact, one could argue that Houston's whole season can be salvaged by beating Louisville and I'm quite sure Tom Herman is gonna have them motivated for this game.

Would love to see these whiny birdbrains get boat raced tomorrow night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2016, 10:15 AM

It only counts on the field. The cards had their chance and blew it! shut the f*^# up.

Your AD made out your schedule. ##### to him!

This is why you ban social media for players during the season

Nov 16, 2016, 10:32 AM

Biggest bunch of whiners I've ever seen

Poor LOOSERVILLE!!***

Nov 16, 2016, 10:57 AM

Nov 16, 2016, 10:59 AM

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Someone's due for an upset

Nov 16, 2016, 10:59 AM

If their focus is on the rankings and playoffs and not the Houston game, then these loudmouths are going down.

not the smartest bunch are they

Nov 16, 2016, 11:16 AM

They do understand that Ohio state or Michigan are going to vacate eventually. And we beat them so we of course won't be below them if we have the same record. Don't know how else it would've been done. Only other scenario would've been use flip flopping with Michigan but not much of a difference. They need to be worried about penn state hopping them

Nov 16, 2016, 11:17 AM

So they think they can win against just ONE rank team and be in the top 4 :D :D :D

when you can't beat a team that gave you five turnovers...

Nov 16, 2016, 11:32 AM

you have no argument to be ranked ahead of them if they have the same record. In other words, Lville was only in the game due to mistakes we made. Cut out the mistakes and the cards would have got blown out

Aw that's cute. They all got on Twitter to complain.***

Nov 16, 2016, 11:34 AM

Nov 16, 2016, 12:18 PM

??????

Crybabies.... smh......

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2016, 1:11 PM

I thought the Committee's analysis was crystal clear! Tigers are still better. But better take care of business or be relegated to the trash heap of what might have been...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2016, 1:19 PM

Boo ####### hooo

You don't win your conference you don't get in

Nov 16, 2016, 1:28 PM

It's that simple. Doesn't matter what they do. Not playing in the conference championship would drop them out of the top 4 anyway. Winners care about the quality of wins. Losers care about the quality of losses. The committee has it right.

Re: Lois-ers

Nov 16, 2016, 4:10 PM

I tip my hat to the losers as the have played great. But you have to win the frigging game people. We were better than Bama in the natty last year but they got the trophy. They can keep winning by 100 per game, it is irrelevant as THEY LOST THE GAME THAT MATTERED!!!

They have couches to burn like everybody else right?***

Nov 16, 2016, 4:12 PM

Nov 16, 2016, 5:53 PM

Whahhhhh!! Maybe they should hang out with the Seminoles coach and do some more complaining.

It's irrelevant whether Louisville would be ranked ahead of

Nov 17, 2016, 8:20 AM

us right now anyway. Because in two weeks, when they're sitting at home and watching us win the ACC championship on TV, we'd pass back by them in the rankings anyway.

Re: It's irrelevant whether Louisville would be ranked ahead of

Nov 17, 2016, 1:42 PM

Cardinals, stop whining! You still have a chance if Michigan loses to Ohio State and you win out.

You would think they wouldn't want to go to the playoffs.

Nov 17, 2016, 2:11 PM

They hate the idea of needing to win it on the field.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If UofL is so unhappy with the ACC

Nov 17, 2016, 2:19 PM

they should just get out of it. They bring scandals and academics so low that they lower the ACC's average to second best. They are the best at one thing--whining.

http://herosports.com/collegefootball/ranking-fbs-conference-academic-ranking

2. ACC
Average Ranking: 133
The ACC boasts a nation-high of six schools inside the top 100, led by Duke (22) and followed closely by Virginia (36) and Boston College (37). The conference would see a significant boost in their stock without the inclusion of Louisville (503), who ranks nearly 300 spots worse than their next lowest member, Pittsburgh (212).

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Nov 17, 2016, 11:28 PM

Bahahahaha... it's 36 - 10 with 3:55 left in the game against Houston. Your upset is genuinely gratifying. I see your coach whining about calls once again. Houston has whooped you all night long..no way to blame the officials. Such poor sports. The coach is a poor example for his players. No College Play-Off for you! Ranked 5th was was too high.

Nov 17, 2016, 11:38 PM

you'll get 'em next year

Nov 20, 2016, 3:27 PM

Hmmmm..how's number 11 feel? ?? ??

Replies: 60
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive