Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I realize this board is about football but I needed to vent.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 80
| visibility 101

I realize this board is about football but I needed to vent.

Oct 22, 2014, 11:27 AM

My grandson's principal had to cancel the Honor Society's bake sale because of Michelle Obamas healthy school lunch mandate. Time to teach the kids what well-organized civil disobedience can produce. Again, sorry for the non football post.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

perfectly acceptable here

Oct 22, 2014, 11:29 AM

best of luck to you guys

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

I'm sure there was more to it than that....

Oct 22, 2014, 11:29 AM

My county school system continues to have bake sales to support various school groups and clubs quite regularly...

That being said, I'm sorry it was cancelled for whatever reason :(

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea, pretty sure he just wants to believe that

Oct 22, 2014, 11:31 AM

because it's probably not the truth.

I've seen multiple articles regularly with the same theme

Oct 22, 2014, 11:36 AM

pretty sure he's not whistlin dixie

This is just one example, and it's dated 2 years ago. There are much more examples more recently. Simply illustrating that this has been happening for a while

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/04/school-bake-sales-become-_n_1478571.html

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Read the article

Oct 22, 2014, 11:38 AM

The school districts are the ones who decide, not Michelle Obama. If he has beef he should take it up with his local school board.

But...but...but...

Oct 22, 2014, 11:44 AM

It's Obama's fault! Yeah!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He doesn't want facts... This here is an Obama hating party***

Oct 22, 2014, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Read the article ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Read the article

Oct 22, 2014, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Read the article ]

local school lunchroom supervisor says that wasted food has DOUBLED since this tastless healthy food command by osamaobama!!just one more federal govn directive that has gone wrong(see obamacare)!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that smug "the school districts...

Oct 30, 2014, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Read the article ]

decide..." makes me laugh. Every school district understands the inevitable consequences to not following the federal guidelines for schools. I had bake sales in school. We were not obese. The problem is not bake sales, high sugar vending machines, junk food options at the lunch line which we all had. The problem is a lack of activity and yes, oh by the way, many of the old activities that required physical activity are frowned upon now. That is, unless it involves 60 minutes of play with a celebrity.

Just try not adopting the federal guidelines and see what it gets you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

That was 2 years ago laying the ground rules for what

Oct 22, 2014, 11:45 AM [ in reply to I've seen multiple articles regularly with the same theme ]

she's causing now

"new child nutrition guidelines for schools -- championed by first lady Michelle Obama -- are expected to be released this year. The new rules give the government authority to limit bake sales and fundraisers that supporters argue sometimes take the place of more nutritious and regular cafeteria meals. From that article:

The legislation calls for more, and healthier, school meals for needy students, and applies to all food sold during school hours -- whether in the cafeteria, in vending machines or in fundraisers."

http://www.bing.com/search?q=school+lunches+michelle+obama&qs=AS&sk=AS1&pq=school+lunches&sc=8-14&sp=2&cvid=2cec68a716324cb7b510f272a1706e36&FORM=QBRE

http://www.newsmax.com/US/obama-healthy-lunch-program/2013/08/29/id/522944/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/08/27/school-districts-healthy-lunches/2710697/

Point being that's all well and good if public school food needs to be healthier, but you should also have the freedom and liberty to choose to have a candy bar or soda if you want to.

Also she's painting with a broad brush assuming a 200 lb football player that needs a lot more energy/calories should eat the same lunch as a 100 lb girl.

Government logic at work

There certainly isn't a childhood obesity issue in the US***

Oct 22, 2014, 11:48 AM

I'm not debating that it isn't an issue***

Oct 22, 2014, 11:50 AM

You just don't want it solved?

Oct 22, 2014, 11:53 AM

I'm confuesed

And I'm sure the government will be the one to solve it***

Oct 22, 2014, 11:56 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

the kids just throw the "healthy" lunches away.

Oct 22, 2014, 11:57 AM

the waste is incredible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

We appear to be incapable of fixing it on our own

Oct 22, 2014, 11:59 AM [ in reply to And I'm sure the government will be the one to solve it*** ]

I don't want to hear how your special snowflake is big boned or has a "slow metabolism", they're fat because we don't feed them right.

Don't feed a kid enough and you'll have Child Protective Services up your ### immediately. Feed them too much until they get diabetes and high blood pressure? Nah, you're good.

You're toeing a dangerous line of giving

Oct 22, 2014, 12:02 PM

the government complete control to decide what's good for you and what's not

Bloomberg has been attempting to do that in NYC

I'm not toeing anything. I just think it's funny in a sad wa

Oct 22, 2014, 12:06 PM

Huge, diseased, and diabetic? No problem. Show some ribs? That kid is going to foster care.

Obese people should have to pay fat taxes. Selfish fatties

Oct 31, 2014, 8:28 AM [ in reply to And I'm sure the government will be the one to solve it*** ]

would rather wreck our national healthcare system than take accountability for their own health. Our healthcare system is too lenient on people making horrible choices. Set up rules that force people to take accountability or lose coverage. We have to be willing to let some people die off if we want to improve the system. People must get rid of this entitlement attitude. But this will never happen. We will continue to allow losers to destroy us.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you think school lunches are the main culprit?

Oct 22, 2014, 11:58 AM [ in reply to You just don't want it solved? ]

And that feeding kids of all ages and metabolism rates the exact same calorie intake is a good solution?

I'm confused

base/resting metabolic rates tend not to differ hugely

Oct 22, 2014, 12:05 PM

Despite what a fat hick would tell you. Two people of similar ages, activity level, and body mass are going to have similar metabolisms to the point where the differences won't be noticeable.

And by base, we eliminate activity from the equation. Activity is the biggest source of variation in actual (not base/resting) metabolic rate. Run 6 times a week? Your have a higher actual metabolic burn rate. Sit on your tail all week? Your actual metabolic burn rate will be lower. Your base rate is still about the same as your more active friend, though.

The "I have a slow metabolism" excuse almost always really means "I am lazy and take in way more calories than I burn."

Bad parents who feel entitled to room service healthcare are

Oct 31, 2014, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Do you think school lunches are the main culprit? ]

the culprit.

i'm sure school lunches were the culprit.***

Oct 22, 2014, 11:54 AM [ in reply to There certainly isn't a childhood obesity issue in the US*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Myabe they were having the bake sale during lunch?***

Oct 22, 2014, 11:34 AM [ in reply to I'm sure there was more to it than that.... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Greenville County Schools....

Oct 22, 2014, 11:44 AM [ in reply to I'm sure there was more to it than that.... ]

has implemented the new Healthy Choices Culinary Creations menu. Part of that change includes eliminating the sale of things like biscuits, doughnuts, cakes, cookies and cupcakes. In addition, parents are no longer allowed to send cakes, cookies and cup cakes to school for birthday treats for their childrens classes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I realize this board is about football but I needed to vent.

Oct 22, 2014, 11:30 AM

It's time that we make our kids choose between Honor Societies and diabeetus. That's progress.

Ya oObesity is good for the Kiddies!***

Oct 22, 2014, 11:32 AM

Ever herd of moderation?

Oct 22, 2014, 11:34 AM

Right, probably not.

Kids are well known for moderation

Oct 22, 2014, 11:35 AM

Especially when it comes to baked goods.

It is a bake sale, so unless the kids are carrying a bunch

of cash, there shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I was just responding to the moderation post***

Oct 22, 2014, 11:42 AM

So we should really be blaming the parents of the kids then***

Oct 22, 2014, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Kids are well known for moderation ]

I meant in their overall diet. Let them have a brownie or

Oct 22, 2014, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Kids are well known for moderation ]

two but cut out the daily dose of 6 Cokes and double helpings of high fat foods.

Re: I meant in their overall diet. Let them have a brownie or

Oct 22, 2014, 12:01 PM

Heck I'm guilty of this myself. I eat pretty smart...but drink a chit ton of soda (like two 2 liters a day).

I instantly lose 10 lbs of bad weight when I go on a soda hiatus. If parents wouldn't feed their kids soda, juice boxes and such, McDonald's and bake sales wouldn't be such a big deal.

You drink that much soda when

Oct 22, 2014, 12:02 PM

you're high?

Have you seen Elf?

Oct 22, 2014, 12:03 PM

Yea, kinda like that

Re: You drink that much soda when

Oct 22, 2014, 12:03 PM [ in reply to You drink that much soda when ]

Every splash is like a tropical rush that invigorates the tongue.

Grandpa is chain smoking as we speak.***

Oct 22, 2014, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Ever herd of moderation? ]

There's something in these hills.

Deer Gubmint: Please protect me from myself!

Oct 22, 2014, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Ya oObesity is good for the Kiddies!*** ]

Whatever happened to personal accountability?

Re: Deer Gubmint: Please protect me from myself!

Oct 23, 2014, 12:24 PM

Really? If a student has the choice between some greasy fries/hamburger and or a healthy sandwhich with a side salad. You are telling me most of them are going to choose the healthy route? Statistics says no.

In fact, it's not really even a choice for the students, they are just eating what's available to them so why not provide them with better lunches? Correct me if I'm wrong but they can still bring their own lunch if they don't like what the school provides right?

So now they are choosing to throw their lunch away instead

Oct 24, 2014, 10:22 AM

of eating the inedible crap that is being forced upon them by our Dear Leaders?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/michelle-obamas-school-lunch-agenda-faces-backlash-from-some-school-nutrition-officials/2014/05/29/6a8e4af6-e744-11e3-afc6-a1dd9407abcf_story.html?hpid=z4

Just have a Honor's Society Carrot Stick sale

Oct 22, 2014, 11:33 AM

and with each purchase of a carrot you get a free cookie/brownie/other baked good of your choice.

Or make them pot brownies, those are OK.***

Oct 22, 2014, 1:53 PM

You're not getting to the root of the problem.

Oct 22, 2014, 11:33 AM

If the federal government didn't waste so much money your grandson wouldn't even need to have a bake sale. No, I'd say you came to the right place.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too bad that we elected Michelle president.

I recommend you post this in the Politics and Religion

board under "General."

You'll find the discussion well thought out, and level headed. It's a "snark free" zone, where sarcasm and hyperbole are a big "no no."

Also, a great place to meet like minded men who like to have a good time and hang out.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know

It bends a little to the left in there most days.

While it does have a left leaning curve, you don't have

Oct 22, 2014, 11:40 AM

to be very ballsy to go there; everyone will welcome you with open arms. There are very rigid rules in place about thrusting your privilege and opinion onto those with differing views.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope he doesn't like incessant links to blogs

Oct 22, 2014, 11:43 AM

Generally portrayed as God's own truth delivered from on high, because he won't find those on the P&R board.

Re: I recommend you post this in the Politics and Religion

Oct 22, 2014, 11:40 AM [ in reply to I recommend you post this in the Politics and Religion ]

Hm, I'll have to check out all the libtards over there when I get a chance.

It is not the first time - there are other stories.

Oct 22, 2014, 11:55 AM

I find it funny that some that cast stones about posters not doing research start casting stones without checking the facts.

This type of thing has happened many times across our nation and GranPaw here is concerned about it. I happen to share his concern. I have gone and had lunch with my daughter at her school a few time per year. Is child hood obesity a issue? YES IT IS, but changing school lunches to stuff kids will not eat (even those on food stamps sometimes will not eat the stuff) and canceling bake sale fund raisers is not the solution.

Lets try getting parents to stop letting society, the TV, the internet, Facebook, Snap chat, Yelp, and Twitter raise kids in the USA and take responsibility. Consider they spend more time eating junk food and PLUGED IN than doing any physical activity. Great if we want to check thumb speed. I was a junk food fiend growing up, but was skinny because I was physically active.

The new school lunch program is a waste of tax payer money and will do less to solve the real problem than Nancy Reagans "Just Say No" program did with drugs.

OK rant over.

Message was edited by: HALO Tiger®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lead, Follow, or Get out of the Way.
Sine Pari- The tip of the spear.
Cofounder / USASOC Black Daggers 2001

Michelle Obama is Human Garbage

Oct 22, 2014, 12:03 PM

If Her And Her Dumpster Fire of a Husband Were to Catch Fire I Wouldn't Pee on Them to Save em.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ this will ensure--

Oct 22, 2014, 12:06 PM

She never dots the I during pregame!

No words minced here!

Message was edited by: under11par®

Re: Michelle Obama is Human Garbage

Oct 22, 2014, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Michelle Obama is Human Garbage ]

I do like your start point, but I believe you have to high of a opinion of Michelle and her traitor husband. I would encourage you to revaluate and lower your opinion of them.

^^^^^Disgusting Comments Here***

Oct 22, 2014, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Michelle Obama is Human Garbage ]

Re: ^^^^^Disgusting Comments Here***

Oct 30, 2014, 12:20 PM

They are just rotten lies from sub-human garbage.

Oct 22, 2014, 12:09 PM

as far as civil disobedience, maybe you can organize an entire month where everyone's kids eat nothing but baked goods and soda. This would really show them who is in charge.

Sounds like a party, I'm in.

Oct 22, 2014, 12:12 PM

Don't forget about all the pizzas we'll need!

Good start.....

Oct 22, 2014, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Re: I realize this board is about football but I needed to vent. ]

Can we add in signs that say Michele sucks carrot sticks?

Re: Good start.....

Oct 22, 2014, 12:14 PM

sure, as long as we can call it a fat in. Then we can later complain about our rising insurance premiums when we all get heart disease and diabetes.

LOL... OK

Oct 22, 2014, 12:21 PM

We can solve the nations obesity issue.... We let the government fix the issue with regulating us to health by running down individuality, jumping in other peoples business, skipping the constitution, throwing out personal responsibility.

Here is a idea.... tell the kids to turn off the TV, the Xbox, the PS3 or 4, put down the I-pad, phone.... and get there butts outside and be physically active.

Message was edited by: HALO Tiger®

sell cooked crack instead. that will learn her.***

Oct 22, 2014, 12:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Hey Grandpaw: Times are a changin

Oct 22, 2014, 12:33 PM

there are many ways to raise money that are better than feeding fat kids sugary foods. Maybe they can try a walk-a-thon.

Pick up a newspaper some time. Here's a quick synopsis of this issue:

America's kids are fat and that is leading to health problems that are growing at an unprecedented rate. Science is pointing back at poor eating habits. Healthcare costs are rising like crazy. It's a vicious cycle that has to be broken somehow.

School lunches have to be either part of the problem or part of the solution. Cannot make 180 meals per year for many part of the solution by allowing organizations to undermine the efforts by selling brownies lol.

Selling brownies around fat kids is no worse than second hand smoke.

Newspaper?

Oct 22, 2014, 12:35 PM

What's that?

It's where 8 yr olds find all the good deals on

Oct 22, 2014, 12:36 PM

chocolate

LOL!***

Oct 22, 2014, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Hey Grandpaw: Times are a changin ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

That's the kind of crap you wind up with when nimrods

Oct 22, 2014, 12:40 PM

elect other nimrods.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Did you know that

Oct 22, 2014, 12:44 PM

there's a high school in Michigan whose mascot is the "Nimrods"

GO NIMRODS!!!

I did not - but knowing it now makes me feel much better!***

Oct 22, 2014, 12:50 PM

- H. L. Mencken

And knowing is half the battle***

Oct 22, 2014, 12:51 PM

Does her husband still smoke? Maybe they should get their..

Oct 22, 2014, 12:57 PM

own house in order before they try to fix ours.

GREAT POST!

Oct 22, 2014, 1:00 PM

President should fix his personal problems before he tries to make our country better.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True....

Oct 22, 2014, 1:06 PM

Maybe find a real birth certificate and not a forged one.

^^^^Far-Right Teabagger Alert^^^^***

Oct 22, 2014, 1:08 PM

If only.....

Oct 22, 2014, 1:17 PM

but not insulted by your lame jab.

how's not having any guns been on you ever since

Oct 22, 2014, 1:20 PM

the islamic socialist kenyan took them all away?

He can have them......

Oct 22, 2014, 2:57 PM

when they pry them from my cold dead hands.

It sucks that the bake sale had to be cancelled

Oct 22, 2014, 1:27 PM

And that does sound extreme but man, do the schools need to clean up the food they are serving to the students so the occasional bake sales can happen.

I have worked at schools in the US, China and other countries and our food is much more unhealthy by a long shot. There is an obesity epidemic (66% obesity rate) in our country (especially in the South) and we are all paying for it in taxes.

I don't see anything wrong with a bake sale but my point is that we really need to be more concerned about what we are feeding our children than a bake sale cancellation.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not the school's responsibility. Make the idiot

Oct 30, 2014, 2:24 PM

parents feed their own kids. Hell, don't allow the school to feed them any breakfast or lunch. Let some of them fat kids starve a bit. That will brings the pounds off.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

AsDr. Keith Ablow said about Michelle Obama's a$$,

Oct 22, 2014, 1:50 PM

that ain't all kale and carrots.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/12/foxs-keith-ablow-attacks-michelle-obamas-weight-sh/

What a freakin hypocrite.

Replies: 80
| visibility 101
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic