Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey Dabo haters you better look at the BIG picture...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Dec 2, 2013, 7:01 PM

You want Dabo run because he has lost to USCjr 5 times.

Let's play out that scenario. (something most of you haven't thought out).
a. Fire Dabo
b. Start job search
c. find candidate to offer job.

If you are a sharp young coach on the rise would you take a job at a university that just fired a coach that has won 10 or more games back to back to back?

The answer is N - O, NO! Why would someone take a job where they fielded extremely successful teams and they just fired the guy anyway. It's a no win situation for Clemson to pull the plug on Dabo. Get a life dudes, you're living in a fantasy world.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unless we promote CM***

Dec 2, 2013, 7:02 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re:I had rather have Dabo than CM not that I am enthused

Dec 2, 2013, 7:03 PM

with him.

Let's trade a successful college coach for a successful

Dec 2, 2013, 7:07 PM [ in reply to Unless we promote CM*** ]

high school coach. Duh!, smart move Einstein. what a whack job idea!

We could not hire a big name after TB

Dec 2, 2013, 7:26 PM

TDP supposedly did a national search after TB left, but...

Did he really do it?

Or, did he go the easy, cheap way and hire Dabo?

Or, did no one want the job and he had to hire Dabo?

BV was interviewed before Dabo.***

Dec 2, 2013, 7:27 PM

Re: We could not hire a big name after TB

Dec 2, 2013, 8:21 PM [ in reply to We could not hire a big name after TB ]

Every time this gets brought up, not a one of you can tell me who we could get. So, hit me genius. Let us all know who the savior is that we're going to hire after firing a 3-season, 30 win, championship coach...who's just itching to come to that madness?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

add to that list "can't beat South Carolina"***

Dec 2, 2013, 10:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Correction.

Dec 2, 2013, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Let's trade a successful college coach for a successful ]

Let's trade a wide receiver coach for a high school coach.

Any success Dabo Swinney has had is from the people around him. He definitely gets credit for the hires, but he is no more than a manager.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Unless we promote CM***

Dec 3, 2013, 2:02 AM [ in reply to Unless we promote CM*** ]

I'll stick with Dabo

Dec 3, 2013, 6:47 AM [ in reply to Unless we promote CM*** ]

From the blogs, he's in the same boat. HELLO!!

Dec 3, 2013, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Unless we promote CM*** ]

Tell me you're kidding!

Think that you better evaluate that one again too

Dec 3, 2013, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Unless we promote CM*** ]

I think it would be highly unlikely that for the 2nd time in a row a coach would be retained as a head coach from the one just fired. BTW I think its ludicrous to even have a conversation about firing a guy who has had the success Dabo has had.

You don't fire a 10-2 coach.

Dec 2, 2013, 7:04 PM

Yep, he's set him self where another year like 2010 could cost him. But as long as he's 10-2 and not going backwards, enough of the sane people will still see improvement. A bad season with a losing record to USuC and the Mob will take over.

Re: You don't fire a 10-2 coach.

Dec 3, 2013, 6:50 AM

Also, great recruits would love this and would be knocking the door down at Clemson. Searching for uncertainess and instability. HELLO!!

I agree...but if we fall to 8-4 or something like that next

Dec 2, 2013, 7:04 PM

season, I think the seat gets hot...

Re: I agree...but if we fall to 8-4 or something like that next

Dec 2, 2013, 7:07 PM

What happens if we turn into another national embarrassment in a BCS bowl with 30+ point loss? Some heads are going to have to roll.

I think he will get the boot if that happens.***

Dec 2, 2013, 7:11 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think he will get the boot if that happens.***

Dec 2, 2013, 10:21 PM

Are you seriously suggesting that y'all would fire a 10 win coach who took you to a BCS bowl? That's nuts. Clemson's President should fire any AD who even considered such a thing.

Re: He will be fired if that happens and he loses to the

Dec 2, 2013, 7:10 PM [ in reply to I agree...but if we fall to 8-4 or something like that next ]

Coots again He should be.

Yeah we fielded really successful teams beating up on the

Dec 2, 2013, 7:08 PM

likes of South Carolina State University, The Citadel, Wake Forest, Syracuse and etc. If you call that success I'm in the wrong business. Success it doing that and not getting blown out at home and not losing to your rival for the 5th straight year. That is success. So yes, I think a young and upcoming coach would jump at the chance to come here.

Re: Yeah we fielded really successful teams beating up on the

Dec 2, 2013, 7:27 PM

I am not happy losing to anyone , but list some names of these coaches that would be better than Dabo .

I don't see a lot of great coaches available .

Take a coach you hope is better , its a crapshoot .

I am thankful we aint , fla. ark,virgina, tenn , Kansas.,, think how their fans feel .

Tenessee's had 3 coaches since Fulmer.***

Dec 2, 2013, 7:29 PM

Dec 2, 2013, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah we fielded really successful teams beating up on the ]

Some of you people are crazy. Dabo Swinney is one of the best coaches in the country. He has been an outstanding coach, who has played within the rules, recruited great young men, won games and graduated his players. Hundreds of programs would die to be in our place.
Let me remind you that Frank Howard only won 3 of his first 14 against USC. USC's Coach Rex Enright was 8-3-1 vs Frank Howard.
The talk going into the 1980 game against USC, was that Danny Ford should be fired. We were 5-5 and Coach Ford had lost his first against SC. Of course we wore Orange Pants for the 1st time and beat USC 27-6. And we did pretty well the next year as I remember.
Before they started the current win streak, we were 24-8-1 against USC between 1976-2008.
We at Clemson are so blessed for our school, students, fans, coaches and fans. If you don't like it go somewhere else.

Dec 3, 2013, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Yeah we fielded really successful teams beating up on the ]

We have been playing the "likes" of those teams every year since 1953. Plus DS was 39 when promoted from wide receiver to head coach...I don't know how you can get any more "up and coming" than that.

Difference is Bowden lost to teams we should have.In three years, we are 31-8, 7-6 vs ranked teams and only 2 losses to unranked teams. By comparison, Bowden in his last 3 years (actually 2 1/2 years) was 20-12, 3-5 vs ranked teams 6 losses coming to unranked teams.

We are in much better shape now. Sure the way we lost is sickening, but you can fire the coach after every loss.

THANK YOU........

Dec 3, 2013, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Yeah we fielded really successful teams beating up on the ]

I agree 100%. Everything is relative.

Why do you even try to reason w/ those people*

Dec 2, 2013, 7:19 PM

Nm

wrong!

Dec 2, 2013, 7:28 PM

Dangle a couple million a year out there.
see what happens.
Im not a dabo hater. I just don't like him or his big mouth.Clemson needs a real football coach not a wimp, feminine cheerleader.

Let the little girly boy handle recruiting.
actually venables would be a much better head coach than the mouth of the south.

Brent interviewed before Dabo,didn't get the job.***

Dec 2, 2013, 7:30 PM

You'd be happier as a Coot fan, your 2 digit IQ fits them.***

Dec 2, 2013, 7:38 PM [ in reply to wrong! ]

Dum#uck....***

Dec 3, 2013, 1:43 AM [ in reply to wrong! ]

We're a national brand we can get whoever we want

Dec 2, 2013, 8:18 PM

we don't have to settle for a young unproven coach.

Okay there Mr. National Brand; just who we gonna get?

Dec 2, 2013, 10:15 PM

Name your top three. I'm sure Dan Rad will appreciate the help.

Re: We're a national brand we can get whoever we want

Dec 3, 2013, 12:21 PM [ in reply to We're a national brand we can get whoever we want ]

Not to crush your dream but I do not think of Clemson as a national brand. It is not like getting a job offer from:

USC
Notre Dame
Texas
Alabama
Ohio State

I am sure we could list a few more but come on, be real here for a second. Your national championship is over 30 years ago.

Do not get me wrong here. I think Clemson is a good football but they also benefit from playing in a down conference for years.

At the end of the day, teams that win are winning with one thing and that is defense and offensive lines. The spread is fun to watch but it seems to me that 9 out of 10 times the more physical team is going to win and that is where Clemson is losing the battle.

By who's standards?........

Dec 3, 2013, 12:31 PM [ in reply to We're a national brand we can get whoever we want ]

Clemson was NEVER the 6th best team in the country this year. Like the Gameclucks still playing "2001", we can't hold on to 1981 forever.

We're "becoming" a national brand...under Dabo.

Dec 3, 2013, 1:14 PM [ in reply to We're a national brand we can get whoever we want ]

We are not there yet.

If we can continue our trend, then our "brand" will continue to grow. Dabo is responsible for the trend moving upward and we'll stick with him.

Clemson is NOT for everyone. That goes for players and coaches. The coaches we have "want" to be here and that's what we need...not some "young unproven coach" that would use us as a stepping stone.

Wrong - here is why

Dec 2, 2013, 8:24 PM

If I were a college football coach and I saw what Dabo did at Clemson with little to no coaching background/experience/knowledge - then I am saying to myself:

"hey - if this guy can win 10 there, then I can win at least 12."

Its like I said when Dabo was hired..when he gets fired, at least the cupboard will be full for the next guy.

Re: Wrong - here is why

Dec 2, 2013, 10:33 PM

Who is this mythical coach just waiting to come to Clemson?

Names please.

Is it Saban's fault his FG kickers missed 4 FGs and cost them a chance at the NC game? Then why is it Dabos fault guys throw to someone else or drop the ball. Only Taj's fumble was a legitimate strip. The other two fumbles were just poor execution.

Just like up and coming Kiffin at USC, right?***

Dec 3, 2013, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Wrong - here is why ]

10 games doesn't mean ANYTHING.

Dec 2, 2013, 10:28 PM

We got to 10 games by beating 2 FCS teams and 4 teams with losing records.

We had 4 quality wins this year and two incredible losses. Is that enough?

Re: 10 games doesn't mean ANYTHING.

Dec 3, 2013, 6:56 AM

So did bama, ohio state, fsu, etc. teams play a variety.

Our current AD let Paul Johnson stay at GT

Dec 2, 2013, 10:33 PM

You think he's going to fire a coach who just went 3 years with double digit wins, top recruiting classes, and can recruit like a maniac go? He's probably elated to have that kind of HC. Besides, he's got the basketball program to worry about.

Dec 2, 2013, 10:40 PM

I totally agree. Too many people are crying about our losses. I hate them as much as anybody, but you can't argue about losing to a team that is more than likely playing for the NC. As far as SC, it was a terrible loss, but they are a top 10 team. We are still 10-2 for the 2nd year in a row and going to a BCS bowl. If you can't be a true fan and support the team then jump on the SEC bandwagon because you act like them anyway. No matter what, I bleed orange and always will. Dabo is a great young coach with great assistants. True Tigers support and love thru thick and thin. If you can't, become a coot and get off the Tiger train. Your ride is over!

The "Dabo Haters" are an insignificant

Dec 2, 2013, 11:38 PM

bunch in the total fan base. They get a lot of ink here but, IMO, the great majority Clemson fans are very happy with Dabo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey Dabo haters you better look at the BIG picture...

Dec 3, 2013, 4:39 AM

The big picture is he has done a lot. A hell of a lot more than most college coaches. May I remind y'all that this is his very first head coaching job. He has done more in his first head coaching position than many coaches will ever do. Bcs bowls 10 win seasons. Acc championships. Not to mention future prospects. And big names he has got to come to Clemson. He's been outstanding. Even to his personality and the things he does off the field. Like taking pizza to students and taking the players to nursing homes to show them there is more to life than football. I love it all. And I am a loyal fan. Yes he does have problems with the big games. You have to ask yourself is all of that worth it if he can't beat South Carolina? If nick saben won every game every year including the national championship but lost to auburn 5 straight would he still be there? The answer is no bc they could get any coach. but this isn't Alabama and auburn. This is the acc and we don't get hype like them. We can't just get any coach. And I personally think he has the making to be one of the greatest. In the same catogory as john heisman. He just needs to get past the mental block that spurier has over him. The same for Boyd. If he could get passed the mental block he has the talent to be mentioned in conversations with marreno. Be a loyal fan. This isn't South Carolina. We don't throw our own under the bus. Support him he will grow and get wiser. Not saying he couldn't use some therapy to get past this mental block. Just be a tiger. Go tigers!

Re: Hey Dabo haters you better look at the BIG picture...***

Dec 3, 2013, 6:42 AM

No flame and somewhat different

Dec 3, 2013, 6:44 AM

Didn't Hatfield have close to 30 wins in three years when he was fired?

Dabo

Dec 3, 2013, 6:50 AM

Don't get carried away… This program is on the verge of doing something special!!

Re: Dabo

Dec 3, 2013, 12:58 PM

It has already done many special things 1). set an all time ..the most ever in the history of collegiate football pts given up in a bowl game OB..WV 2). set an all time most points ...worst beating in the history of home games in our beloved Death Valley 3). set an all time never achieved 5 straight losses for the 1st time in 111 yrs. to the University of South Carolina at Columbia S.C.

We're on the verge alright...get those all-in chips and tennis balls out boys ...I think we're going to need them

Re: Hey Dabo haters you better look at the BIG picture...

Dec 3, 2013, 10:12 AM

Personally, I would prefer a mature coach that knows what he is doing.

Fire who ?

Dec 3, 2013, 10:40 AM

Nobody liles getting trounced by FsU or losing to the Coots 5 yrs straight...but firing a guy who has upgraded this program to an actual contender ? Dont say stupid things I think people who call Dabo a cheerleader and such nonsense are missing the point and that is how much he cares and how much better we are since 2009. Dabo and this offense blows out teams regularly , our recruiting is nationally renowned and I honestly believe if he is left to his devices we will see more championships ...and not just ACC my friends. Believe in Clemson and quit your birchin'!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Well I'm sure there are lots of inexperienced WR coaches

Dec 3, 2013, 12:12 PM

out there who would jump at the opportunity, so I don't think it would be that hard for our administration to find a new coach, based on their previous picks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can hold onto 1981 if I wanna...

Dec 3, 2013, 12:52 PM

I sure would love to have another one though...or two. Clemson will do fine under Dabo Swinney , the spread will eventually win national championships so long as that teams defense isnt continually asked to put out fires to the tune of multiple turnovers (nudge/wink). I have no doubts that the tables will turn on Sackerlina when OBC leaves , that school just isnt cut out to maintain its current successes . After all , they can hang their hats on beating Clemson and all ...but what else ? NADA. We are going to our second BCS game in that same win streak timeframe..they are hoping Clowney knocks some dudes helmet off at the Beef O Brady bowl or somethin'er other.
Count your blessings.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dabo is an amazing head coach

Dec 3, 2013, 12:59 PM

He's not up there with Saban yet, but I think he's easily top-5 among young head coaches.

Anyone who wants him gone is an idiot.

It's a good thing T-Net has zero say in hiring/firing***

Dec 3, 2013, 1:05 PM

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic