Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Somebody please tell me what Beer has done THIS year in the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Somebody please tell me what Beer has done THIS year in the

Apr 16, 2017, 5:14 PM

last three weeks to warrant batting 3rd? Monte moved him down to take a little pressure off and let Seth get back to playing like he can. He's been pressing for weeks now. He has two good games hitting and now everyone wants to move him back up. When your 6-9 is 0-13 you wont win games no matter where Beer hits.

He's our biggest threat for the HR, and he gets on base via BB, but he is not our best hitter this year. He's been in front of Williams all year and isn't even hitting .275. Obviously protecting him hasnt worked so now he's in a spot where he can get back to focusing on him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe you should apply for a coaching position.

Apr 16, 2017, 5:19 PM

Sounds like you might be smarter than the average baseball fan.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No need to coach. Monte has done just fine with how he's

Apr 16, 2017, 5:23 PM

handling Beer this weekend.

I'm hoping a few of these are as good at softball coaching

Apr 16, 2017, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Maybe you should apply for a coaching position. ]

as they are at baseball. Radakovich is actively looking for resumes for a head softball coach. There is obviously some amazing talent on these pages.

Wow, will he have some fantastic options to choose from. Clemson may win the National Championship in its inaugural season.

Re: I'm hoping a few of these are as good at softball coaching

Apr 16, 2017, 6:02 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounded like the OP was actually complimenting Monte on his

Apr 16, 2017, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Maybe you should apply for a coaching position. ]

management of Beer and scolding the would-be coaches on Tiger Net for questioning putting Beer at #5 in the line-up.

Seems as if he was saying that *Monte* is smarter than the average baseball fan.

So glad someone caught onto that. Thank you.***

Apr 16, 2017, 5:31 PM

he did. But many one here who spout baseball knowledge

Apr 16, 2017, 5:36 PM [ in reply to Sounded like the OP was actually complimenting Monte on his ]

know about as much about the sport of baseball as they do raising turnips. The ones who treat each game like it was a football game, each at-bat like it was 4th and goal. It's very easy to spot them.

Just have to grin and enjoy the "show".

I find it hard to believe you could find something to b!tch

Apr 16, 2017, 5:33 PM

about concerning how this baseball team has performed thus far. I know I didn't expect this team to be this good. 30-6 through 36 games! You need to learn to appreciate things more or head back to the chicken coop

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

I find it hard to believe that you cant read. Reread the

Apr 16, 2017, 5:35 PM

post and you'll see that I'm calling out everyone who is criticizing our coach for moving Beer down in the order. I think the coaching has been fine.

Re: I find it hard to believe that you cant read. Reread the

Apr 16, 2017, 5:42 PM

Maybe I am wrong about your post - but I stand by my point about questioning Monte Lee and his decisions. I thought this team was at least a year away from being really good. Just amazes me that after one loss some people start to complain or question things.

Happy Easter :)

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

No worries. And I dont agree with everything that Monte

Apr 16, 2017, 5:44 PM

does, but it's hard to argue with 30-6. And Beer is 5-7 with 3 BBs this weekend I think so moving him to the 5-hole was a good move. I would be okay with moving Byrd who is hitting well right now or Cox to 6 to hit behind him.

we're doing a really good job of

Apr 16, 2017, 5:57 PM

what I call "brother-in-law"-ing it ---- meaning, all of our hitters have gone through slumps, but not all at the same time. That keeps the TEAM out of a slump. Monte has done a great job "managing" this.

Pinder - hot-cold-hot again. He's batted anywhere from 4th to 1st.
Rohlman - cold-hot. He was at the bottom, but now entrenched at #2
Greene - cold(not playing)-redhot-cold again. His spot has fluctuated accordingly.
Davidson - cold-icy-hot. Same, has moved up now that he is getting confidence.
Byrd - hot-icy (benched)-hot. He's an everyday starter again.
Cox - benched-hot-cooling a little. As consistent as anybody in the lineup. Solid starter.
Beer - hot (won a couple games himself)-icycold-warming up. He's now getting back in the groove.

Pitching is similar: Eubanks carried us early, now he's in a downturn. Barnes had bad luck early, but he's in a groove. Krall struggled early too (but got run support) but now appears to have it in gear.

So we have had JUST ENOUGH hot players to carry us this far. Let's hope it keeps going. The scary thing is that we have not played to our potential YET.

That is 100% true. I do think it's time to find your best 9

Apr 16, 2017, 6:00 PM

and set an order though. Jolly for Warton. Cromwell should never be in over Byrd again. Greene has to play no matter how cold just because of his glove work. I dont see anyone who should play over the lineup we had last night.

Re: we're doing a really good job of

Apr 16, 2017, 6:10 PM [ in reply to we're doing a really good job of ]

We really don't know how good this team is yet.
While they have showed sparks of greatness and always gritty.
Except for UVA have not really played anybody that great this season.
The next 4-5 weekends we will know if this team can make a deep run in the post season.
This is a very young team and have already exceeded my expectations.
But are they a true top 10 team ?
We will find out here shortly.

Excellent assessment! Thanks ...***

Apr 16, 2017, 6:29 PM [ in reply to we're doing a really good job of ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No worries. And I dont agree with everything that Monte

Apr 16, 2017, 6:05 PM [ in reply to No worries. And I dont agree with everything that Monte ]

Its even harder to argue with eating pressure like Kandee!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

moving beer to 5 is the right call -

Apr 16, 2017, 8:14 PM [ in reply to No worries. And I dont agree with everything that Monte ]

FWIW - he still leads the team in 2B and HR and is second in Slugging - and BOB - ave is off - this it a smart move no matter how you look at it ---- unless you just wanna complain --- which we all know is why many on this bored live for. Don't Beisball? Don't try to Beisball...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dead on accurate Sowell! Coach is

Apr 16, 2017, 6:47 PM

Showing to the T-Netters he knows how to coach.

He's thrown winning runs out at the plate, moved tying runs

Apr 16, 2017, 6:55 PM

Into scoring position (they scored), and seen a lot of bad pitches.

the toughest job that the coach has had

Apr 16, 2017, 7:15 PM

all year is finding the right lineup and hitting order. The right place for Beer has been difficult because the other players have not consistently hit well ahead of and behind him. As a result, opposing coaches choose to not throw Beer pitches he can hit which results in a lot of bases on balls to our best hitter. What coach wouldn't rather see him on first than batting with men on base? Its a no brainer. Last year we had Okie (sic) who consistently hit well and Beer got pitches to hit .... and he did! Naturally it would have been best if this could have been worked out before we played 35 games but it hasn't. Bottom line...somebody has to step up and I have no idea who is capable on this team of being the number two hitter. Who do you guys think has been the most consistent? Tough games just ahead for us so lets hope we can get things going like a championship team Almost there

Hopefully Monte will read your post and make some changes

Apr 16, 2017, 8:58 PM

while there's still a chance to save this season.

Re: Hopefully Monte will read your post and make some changes

Apr 17, 2017, 7:08 AM

He doesn't need to read my post. He is a good coach and already knows that this has been a problem! SA

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic