Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson CB entering transfer portal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson CB entering transfer portal

Jul 19, 2019, 2:46 PM

Clemson CB entering transfer portal

Sophomore cornerback Kyler McMichael is set to enter the NCAA transfer portal, TigerNet has confirmed. McMichael played 101 snaps over 12 games last season, tal Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well poop...great kid and player.***

Jul 19, 2019, 2:48 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: Well poop...great kid and player.***

Jul 19, 2019, 4:53 PM

Welcome to college football's version of free agency. How does he fit under the immediate eligibility rules?

Well, the coaches knew we needed someone else over there

Jul 19, 2019, 2:50 PM

they knew something

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chicken or Egg?

Jul 19, 2019, 3:07 PM

Is McMichael leaving because we moved Kendrick or did we move Kendrick because we knew McMichael was leaving?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes***

Jul 19, 2019, 5:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson CB entering transfer portal

Jul 19, 2019, 3:00 PM

Saw this coming. Kyler was a good player, but got outplayed and outrecruited. Still disappointing, as I thought he was out of position at corner and would have excelled at safety. Oh well, good luck to him. Bet he ends up at Auburn, they finished a close 2nd in his recruitment.

Jul 19, 2019, 3:09 PM

Have I mentioned how much I hate the transfer portal? This close to the season? Now he will have to sit out a year. I don’t get it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea i dont either...

Jul 19, 2019, 3:19 PM

may be more to it than just wanting to play or depth chart. He can go to any other southeast power and have the exact same competition...aint much different in Tuscaloosa, Tallahassee or Auburn. Terrell is gone after this year and he had opportunity to play alot this year as well. Plus, you never expect the worse but he's one season ending injury from being an every down guy. Has to be more to it.

Re: Yea i dont either...

Jul 19, 2019, 5:21 PM

If anyone thinks third party tampering is not occurring in this process then you are terribly naive.

Jul 19, 2019, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson CB entering transfer portal ]

Sorry to see him go but hope he finds a spot that he feels is better for him. Can't imagine where that would be.

Jul 19, 2019, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson CB entering transfer portal ]

Saw this coming. Kyler was a good player, but got outplayed and outrecruited. Still disappointing, as I thought he was out of position at corner and would have excelled at safety. Oh well, good luck to him. Bet he ends up at Auburn, they finished a close 2nd in his recruitment.

Yup. He always looked like a CB/S tweener on tape and I had heard the coaches wanted him at safety, especially after we got Booth, Derion Kendrick moved to CB and started abusing people, and then just for that cherry-on-top along came Sheridan Jones looking like Neon Deon Primetime Sanders this Spring as an EE. So PT wasn't going to be easily come by at CB for him this season.

Hope it works for him. Still think he projects to S at the next level.

Will our fans start posting crap about our FB coaches

Jul 19, 2019, 3:17 PM

being unable to evaluate and keep players? That's what has happened when our basketball team loses a player to transfer. Does the same stupid thought process apply to our football team as well?

TIA

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Will our fans start posting crap about our FB coaches

Jul 19, 2019, 3:23 PM

Judge , as long as football keeps winning championships , ain't nobody
going to talk crap about the coaches .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2019, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Will our fans start posting crap about our FB coaches ]

With all due respect, and I'm not a brownell basher, but isn't it clear why the two are different? Not just that the sports and frequencies of transferring are different, but clearly our FB coaches have proven they can evaluate and coach up players. Results speak for themselves. Basketball just hasn't earned ANY street cred yet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2019, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Will our fans start posting crap about our FB coaches ]

Simply wondering why he is leaving. Not a judgement about the coaches, who just happen to be great.

Sure

Jul 19, 2019, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Will our fans start posting crap about our FB coaches ]

After Brownell’s second natty, 4th Final Four, and several top 10 recruiting classes.

You can’t possibly think those are comparable situations.

Really

Jul 19, 2019, 6:34 PM [ in reply to Will our fans start posting crap about our FB coaches ]

Roughly the same turnover in relation to players/on/scholie entering the transfer portal and with a roster 6Xs the size basketball team; the basketball team is also very fond of being on the recieving end of a transfer's destination becoming increasingly dependent on it as a major, if not the main, source to pull recruits-Chaotic roster stability

you've reached a new level of something

Jul 19, 2019, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Will our fans start posting crap about our FB coaches ]

come back when brad wins someting

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure if CBB was recruiting top 10 classes..

Jul 20, 2019, 12:12 AM [ in reply to Will our fans start posting crap about our FB coaches ]

every year and a top 5+ every now and again then there wouldn't be near the concern! Plus if he was recruiting top 10 and not making the NCAA, he would still need to find another residence! Im not a CBB hater by and have often defended, but his recruiting and building a team atmosphere still seems to be lacking in all honesty.

Jul 22, 2019, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Will our fans start posting crap about our FB coaches ]

It is Not just us, but our success has made competition tough and some cannot handle it!

Not sure there is any valid comparison ...

Jul 22, 2019, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Will our fans start posting crap about our FB coaches ]

... football players are leaving because we’ve recruited better players and they can’t get on the field.

We’ve lost a couple of basketball players who probably would have been starters this season.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2019, 3:19 PM

Wow these two Booth and Jones must really be strong, to think their a year away, and he's out. Course I know he wants to start this year, but the way we play so many it kind of blows the mind! Maybe it's a good thing to weed out a player, that maybe is putting self before team, not saying he's a bad kid, I truly don't know! I do wish him well though! Go Tigers!!!

Jul 19, 2019, 3:37 PM

This was my take.

Jones was ALL OVER Higgins in the spring game.

Jul 19, 2019, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson CB entering transfer portal ]

No college experience but stayed right with an all-conference receiver. And Booth was ranked over him! Jones wasn't on the summer depth chart but that's kind of a fluff chart anyways. Keep an eye on him in fall practice.

Jones has put on 15lbs

Jul 19, 2019, 3:49 PM

That was the only knock on him, because he reclassified himself and came out a year early. He was ranked the #1 cb in 2020 class by at least 1 service, before coming out early.

Self above team: feeds the transfer portal

Jul 19, 2019, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson CB entering transfer portal ]

Yet another reason I hate the transfer portal.

Jul 19, 2019, 3:32 PM

Does this mean we'll have another scholly in the 20" cycle for a DB?

That's exactly what that means.***

Jul 19, 2019, 3:48 PM

^^^ excels at math***

Jul 19, 2019, 4:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 19, 2019, 3:59 PM

Disappointing news . He looked good in the limited time he had .

DB23

He's scared of the competition

Jul 19, 2019, 4:00 PM

If a guy with his ability is scared of some competition from other guys, then he may not be the right fit for a Championship program. Bust your ace, work hard and get your position back is much more of who we want at Clemson than a guy who goes running away at the first sign of an obstacle. SCU is 90 miles southeast of TigerTown.

Re: He's scared of the competition

Jul 19, 2019, 5:26 PM

The Swinney Model is not for everyone. That being said. I struggle with a a kid i.e. Shaq Smith who gets all the assistance you could ask for to graduate early and development as a player, then Maryland comes in the picture and enjoys the fruits of someone else's labor. Same for #28 legacy player. Commitment is commitment!

Jul 19, 2019, 4:19 PM

Hate to see him go, we have talent there but not a lot of experience. I was expecting him to get of PT this year. Good luck to him though.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2019, 4:44 PM

Crazy. Thought he was about to take off. I guess he wasn't that good.

Sounds like he’s had one foot out of the door

Jul 19, 2019, 4:51 PM

Now that both are out, he ought to head to BaMa

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Re: Sounds like he’s had one foot out of the door

Jul 19, 2019, 5:11 PM

Does anyone think the transfer portal is good for college football? I'm having to get used to many "new normals", and can't say I like a lot of them. But I will say that I'm ok with the football transfer portal (as long as they don't give preferential treatment to select players or programs). If you put yourself in their position, I would hate to be locked in where I knew I would never play much.
Get used to these types of changes... More are coming.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

The Transfer Portal needs to be tightened up

Jul 19, 2019, 9:07 PM

I don't it was intended for this free fo all.

I think it is appropriate for certain situations, like coaching changes or dropping to a lower level.

Re: Sounds like he’s had one foot out of the door

Jul 19, 2019, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Sounds like he’s had one foot out of the door ]

Door is not open

Bummer

Jul 19, 2019, 5:05 PM

Was really excited for his future. With his background as a high school RB I was hoping for a Deandre McDaniel/Christian Ponder type scenario in his future.

He had a terrible spring game, though. on one play, he was off balance and either Ladson or Ngata put him on his butt at the line of scrimmage. Then, on another play one of the older receivers just stiff armed him to the ground when coming across the middle. He seems like a really good kid, so maybe he’ll go to a school that still gives him an opportunity to punish the Uof5C.

Go Tigers!

Jul 19, 2019, 5:14 PM

Bummer. I always thought he’d be better served as a free safety. Wish him all the best at his next destination.

Crucible - weeds out non-hackers!

Jul 19, 2019, 6:38 PM

In my Marine Corps we have several ways to weed out non-hackers! The crucible is one of them. Look into it.
Basically - things aren't going to go your way - even if you work your butt off and do everything right. But, that's not the trick! The trick is - how do you handle your best effort not being enough? Do you quit? Do you run? Hide? How do you react?
This coaching staff has been consistently saying it - played a preferred walk on over 4 and 5 star guys(Hunter Renfrow). Grady Jarrett( 2 star ) was told if you work, you get to play, you get to start. Guess what - he didn't feel sorry for himself. He got on the grinder and did the little things that is making him a bunch of money now! Started over guys who were initially ranked higher than him.
If you can't handle being challenged as it has already been stated - Clemson isn't for you! Bama is probably not going to be for you either - as the competition is guaranteed to be stiff there too. That competition in practice is what separates the Clemson's from everybody else. Then the Bama's and Ohio States have it as well. Practice is hard; the games are easy! Just b/c a kid starts; if they start messing up and getting lazy under this coaching staff - "they can get sat down for someone who is still hungry"!
I wish him luck.
I think it's a bad move.
He like TF likely has someone who is looking after - not him - but their own self-interest. "Their" dreams of "him" getting big NFL money can't happen with him on the sidelines a bunch. So, "they" advise him to leave. The kid trust them and rolls with it. Besides - all these kids even the preferred walk ons at Clemson - were the man on their H.S. teams! The star. The show. The attraction. So, they all will likely have an ego like nothing you have ever seen, to a various degrees of course! How could you not when whole towns know your name and proclaim you a hero and girls you have never meet want to meet you, etc. "You the Man"! And, everybody can't handle going from that to just being "another player on the team"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2019, 6:38 PM

I also agree - looks more like a safety to me.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2019, 6:59 PM

Well, I suppose this is the price for success. I can understand it at the qb position to a large extent but if you know anything about Dabo is you’ll get your snaps and if you prove yourself, you’ll get more pt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2019, 2:27 AM

This transfer portal thingy will ruin college FB as we know it. It's making so that these don't and won't have to give a 100% everyday and get better bc, if someone is doing more to play more, the other guy can and will pack his bag and go somewhere where they don't have to work as hard to play more. But, it will allow the guys that are in the NFL to keep their jobs longer bc the NFL coaches won't be bringing in the talent that is to lazy to work hard and will never be better than what they already have, and what they have are willing to give a 100% everyday!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yet another reason I HATE the transfer portal

Jul 19, 2019, 7:14 PM

Committment has become meaningless.

This is a Pathetic reflection of our society.

Re: Yet another reason I HATE the transfer portal

Jul 19, 2019, 10:19 PM

I suppose anyone making this argument has never ended a relationship with someone, has never changed cable or internet companies, and are still working the first job you ever had.

I suppose you’re also not a big fan of coaches such as BV who quit other jobs to come coach here. I guess the next time we need a coach in any sport you’ll only be against hiring a coach from somewhere else since you wouldn’t want a guy who would be breaking a commitment in order to come here? Or is it somehow only wrong when college players are the ones looking to improve their situation?

Re: Yet another reason I HATE the transfer portal

Jul 20, 2019, 11:47 AM

^^^sounds like you condone “quitting cause you’re scared of competition” to me. The analogy you make is weak at best....
Hate the transfer portal and it will ruin College football if something isn’t done.....

Jul 20, 2019, 1:41 PM

The bright side is it opens us up to pick up another TE or Joe Ngata’s brother. That kid would be lightning in a bottle.

We will be ok in our secondary. McMichael would make a great RB for somebody for sure. He and Feaster were good friends I guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 20, 2019, 5:00 PM

He picked UNC?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have lukewarm on the portal thus far

Jul 20, 2019, 6:40 PM

I think this is starting to get ridiculous

NGata gets a scholly!

Jul 21, 2019, 1:11 PM

Bam!