Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
An SEC homer sent me this text....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 4,952

An SEC homer sent me this text....

Jan 12, 2016, 2:11 PM

"It is 6 am and I have been up and watching TV all night as great sports minds struggle to put in words a game for the ages. I have followed college football since I went to Neyland Stadium as a child and there were maybe 40,000 seats. The national championship was one of the greatest games in my memory. It is a game for history. Nick Sabin took the last great leap to become the legendary coach of all time. His signature play call of the onside kick was the greatest play call in my memory -- 10 points in 49 seconds ! The Crimson Tide Dynasty had been beaten into submission on their knees at the throne of an 11th national championship. The Simply Great Watson was never slowed down. If there was just one more minute to play, the Tigers would have the Title. Clemson was the best team on the field. Sabin the best coach. Clemson is the best team in America last night and this morning and this season. Sabin the greatest college coach of all time. Every college football team and every college coach in American history would have given their career to have been where Clemson was last night and be where the Tigers are this morning. NEVER remember that game as a loss. ALWAYS remember that Clemson played tremendously in the most historic game and one that will be remembered for a lifetime."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: An SEC homer sent me this:

Jan 12, 2016, 2:26 PM

What class....Thumbs Up

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree***

Jan 12, 2016, 2:29 PM

Jan 12, 2016, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Re: An SEC homer sent me this: ]

Great post but I don't agree that Sabin is the best college coach ever. He is definitely great, but best maybe not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's probably the best.

Jan 12, 2016, 2:37 PM

Jan 14, 2016, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Re: An SEC homer sent me this: ]

I think it's fair to call him the greatest of all time--or at least to argue it. He's an incredible coach.

Saban made some good calls too

Jan 12, 2016, 2:28 PM

But I get his point. Was a tremendous night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saban made some good calls too

Jan 14, 2016, 4:07 PM

LOVE your profile photo!

Re: An SEC homer sent me this..

Jan 12, 2016, 2:41 PM

Sooo....

We are claiming this title, right guys?

Of course!***

Jan 12, 2016, 3:13 PM

Re: Of course!***

Jan 12, 2016, 11:25 PM

With me being a Tennessee fan and Clemson fan, it was awful watching the Vols lose to bama this season, and Clemson in the same fashion. I agree with a lot of other fans, that Clemson looked and played like the better team last night. The big plays killed us last night! I really believe that our Tigers could have beat Bama 2 out of 3 times. Last night was proof that the better team does not always win. Dabo and his staff will have us back in the playoffs in the near future. Go Tigers!

Re: Of course!***

Jan 13, 2016, 12:17 AM

Couldn't agree more!

Re: An SEC homer sent me this text....

Jan 14, 2016, 3:50 PM

Sentimental ####. I would gladly exchange the "best team" (however you define it) for the National Title. There are a number of "best teams" that can beat the Tide on any given Saturday. Saban knows this but still squeezes out a win.

Replies: 12
| visibility 4,952
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic