Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Coach says Watson has "everything you could possibly want" in a quarterback
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,657

New Story: Coach says Watson has "everything you could possibly want" in a quarterback

Apr 27, 2016, 10:01 AM

Coach says Watson has "everything you could possibly want" in a quarterback

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney called former Clemson quarterback Brandon Streeter early in December of 2014 and presented Streeter with an early Christmas present: a quarterback named Deshaun Watson. Streeter says that Watson has been better than advertised. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watson's Standard is Best....***

Apr 27, 2016, 10:06 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watson's Standard is Best....***

Apr 27, 2016, 10:15 AM

Yes it is! I think it's pretty much the standard of the whole program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watson's Standard is Best....***

Apr 27, 2016, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Watson's Standard is Best....*** ]

I disagree, Watson's standard is being the greatest that he is close to!!! I don't think that many or if any of us have ever witnessed a young QB as DW4 was in the NC game played with the poise and experience level as he played with in the NC game. There were times in that game that he could have with good reason become completely unglued in that game, and he just kept himself in command and made play after play. I have and I'm sure that others have seen Pro QBs that can't keep themselves as focused as DW4 did in that championship game. I'm absolutely convinced that DW4 is the real deal, and he is everything and more than what people thought that he could be. He is a young stud playing at a higher level than a lot of the older studs in the game of FB at the hardest position to play in football. DW4 has taken Clemson to that very hard place to get to in college FB, he took us to that next level that we have struggled to get to, and he done in his first full season... If he stays healthy, it's to easy to imagine the places he can take us to next season. It's easy to expect a win in the NC in his last season as a Clemson QB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like I said... "Best".***

Apr 27, 2016, 9:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DW4's ability to see, understand, process & react in a ...

Apr 27, 2016, 10:17 AM

fraction of a second are exceptional. He also has an intuitive feel for moving in the pocket and the running game -he has learned to avoid many hits. Other noteworthy intangible traits include incredible confidence and composure.

His physical skills in passing, quickness, speed etc. all seem very good.

I am thinking his game translates very well to the NFL similar to Russell Wilson or Teddy Bridgewater - maybe better.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the confidence and composure you mentioned

Apr 27, 2016, 10:39 AM

tops the list. A bad play, or bad series, or an INT doesn't rattle him at all and it's pretty amazing. For all the great things Boyd did at and for Clemson, it was tough for him to recover from a couple 3 and outs or a forced INT. A bad game was usually a bad complete game from start to finish. Some of that could've been play calling, especially when the Chad would abandon the running game completely. With DW4, if he has a bad first quarter it's only a matter of time before he gets into a groove and looks like a Heisman QB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: DW4's ability to see, understand, process & react in a ...

Apr 27, 2016, 12:05 PM [ in reply to DW4's ability to see, understand, process & react in a ... ]

Give DW4 the talent they have around Russell Wilson, I think that DW4 will be better bc he is the same type of QB as Wilson, but taller and maybe faster than Wilson.

Re: DW4's ability to see, understand, process & react in a ...

Apr 27, 2016, 1:11 PM

Unfortunately, He's not going to get the chance that Wilson did. Wilson got drafted in a later round and was able to go to a good team that ended up needing a starting QB. DW4 is going to end up on a team that the talent isn't near as good. He may even end up struggling until they build a team around him. He'll end up have a good career but it's going to take a few years to get there. Go Tigers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deshaun has made Steve Fuller proud with him using #4***

Apr 27, 2016, 12:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

DW is smooth as....

Apr 27, 2016, 3:38 PM

a 12 year-old scotch. And this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: New Story: Coach says Watson has "everything you could possibly want" in a quarterback

Apr 27, 2016, 4:12 PM

We will be in Tampa this year

Hes got more self discipline then any other person i know

Apr 27, 2016, 6:04 PM

He is seriously an inspiration to all up & coming players. H

When did Hillary join Tigernet...?***

Apr 27, 2016, 9:49 PM

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,657
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic