Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Spurrier really doesn't have Clemson on his mind...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Spurrier really doesn't have Clemson on his mind...

Jan 1, 2014, 6:51 PM

...he just wants to make sure that all Tiger fans have him on their mind! I've posted this thought before, I'm sure, but bear with me. Spurrier is a master of psychological warfare and mental intimidation, and there is method to his madness. He really doesn't want or need to get into Dabo's, Chad's, Brent's, or the team's heads. All he wants to do is to get the entire Tiger fanbase to hate him with as much passion as possible. Then, for the next 11 months, they will place constant, unreasonable, and unbelievable mental pressure on the players and coaches to redeem Clemson's honor from this evil barbarian. This means that the Tiger's can't just simply beat him, now they have to stomp, humiliate, and annihilate him. Understand that Spurrier knows exactly what kind of passionate and emotional fans make up the majority of the Tiger faithful, and he also knows that a whole lot of those same fans were watching the game today, hoping and praying for a Badger blowout. Do you really think his little dig at Clemson just suddenly popped into his mind? Maybe some Tiger fans believe that it's just a very strange coincidence that Clemson seems to play awfully tight and nervous against his teams each year, but I'm certainly not one of them! Why even his postgame comment, back on November 30, was planting mental seeds of doubt to the Clemson faithful, "They just don't seem to play very well against us, do they?" Make no mistake, the Evil Genius knows exactly what he is saying, and from reading some of the responses to his dig on this board, I'd say that he has already fired a successful mental salvo for next season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spurrier really doesn't have Clemson on his mind...

Jan 1, 2014, 6:52 PM

Flawless logic.

Really, you are a genius.

Jan 1, 2014, 6:54 PM

That's what everyone says, but he did the same thing at UF for many years, and against many teams.

Re: Spurrier is a redneck, pure and simple. I bet he evens

Jan 1, 2014, 6:59 PM

embarrasses him wife.

Re: Spurrier is a redneck, pure and simple. I bet he evens

Jan 1, 2014, 7:09 PM

...peanut....I was wondering about your name....now I get it.....

He's doing a great job

Jan 1, 2014, 6:52 PM

The past 3-4 pages are nothing but people trying desperately to validate Clemson's existence against Spurrier

Re: He's doing a great job

Jan 1, 2014, 6:54 PM

I know, it's crazy. It's like the game was only a few hours ago or something.

Whoa.

Re: He's doing a great job

Jan 2, 2014, 12:35 AM [ in reply to He's doing a great job ]

Don't like it? Cockytalk and FGF are that way ------->

He's that same drunk from his tv show. He's not that

Jan 1, 2014, 6:57 PM

smart. His rambling school yard bully mentality has got your wheels turning and you give him too much credit. He's just a smart@ss bumpkin from Tennessee. Nothing more or less.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pretty good career/record for a bumpkin***

Jan 1, 2014, 7:01 PM

Even slobbery Lou Holtz had a good record overall.***

Jan 1, 2014, 7:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spurrier really doesn't have Clemson on his mind...***

Jan 1, 2014, 6:58 PM

Jan 1, 2014, 6:59 PM

So....we are not to use this board to discuss today's events and spurrier's main comment about beating the tigers after the biggest bowl win in usc history while we are waiting for our bcs bowl ?

Jan 1, 2014, 7:11 PM

We can discuss anything you want to, I guess. My point about Spurrier's comment is correct, though! Or maybe you think the Tigers have played (and coached) loose, instead of uptight, against him for the past five years?

Once a punk, always a punk

Jan 1, 2014, 7:09 PM

And he looked the part on national TV. Threw a sucker punch then ran away,...only to have to come back and finish the interview.

Like school in the summertime...NO CLASS!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...MCB, I'll give you more credit than I'll give ole

Jan 1, 2014, 7:12 PM

Spurrier. You make sound arguments; his arguments are sound bytes.

Problem is I've just been in the people business for too many years not to recognize the type of person Spurrier really is. While I credit him for being a master of the game, much of what drives him is his ego...even going back to his playing days at Florida.

He has developed what my Mother used to call a "smart-alecky" attitude, much of it based upon his successes. Those successes have fed his ego to the point of boorishness, for he's much like the schoolyard bully bragging on his triumphs while constantly "picking" at his prey. Then, when along comes a bigger, meaner badas$ capable of kicking his butt, the bully sulks off blaming everyone but himself for his defeat.

Parts of his routine, I'll admit, are wry attempts at humor, but most are nothing more than attempts to feed his ego. Nothing more...nothing less.

And, honestly, I find his routine...amusing, nothing more and nothing less! (And by the way Happy New Year to you, too.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL...MCB, I'll give you more credit than I'll give ole

Jan 1, 2014, 7:32 PM

hartins, I totally agree with you--Spurrier is a first class jackazz, apparently unburdened by his oversized ego! However, if those people really don't care what others think about them (I too, have been around more than a few of his types), they may not have a problem trying to attain a mental edge by any means necessary. Ty Cobb, Ali, Rodman, and Tyson come to mind. I couldn't do it, most of us couldn't, but to those with such oversized egos, the rest of the world really doesn't count for much. I always appreciate and respect your thoughts and posts, my friend, and I do hope that you've had, and will continue to have, a very Happy New Year! Now go Tigers, and crack those nuts, LOL!!

Only 61% - we pay little attention to your comments!***

Jan 1, 2014, 8:09 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Only 61% - we pay little attention to your comments!***

Jan 1, 2014, 8:12 PM

Does that make my comments any less truthful, or does it speak to other issues?

Re: LOL...MCB, I'll give you more credit than I'll give ole

Jan 1, 2014, 11:35 PM [ in reply to LOL...MCB, I'll give you more credit than I'll give ole ]

I have to agree with Hartins -

I don't believe Spurrier puts that much thought or planning into what he is going to say. He simply says what pops into his mind at the time.

As an example, I have a friend that is extremely funny and is one of those guys who will make a comment that seems like he must have planned it but he tells me sometimes this stuff comes out of his mouth and he doesn't even think it before he says it, the comments are like a reaction instead of a thought out statement.

The press has said for years that they love Spurrier press conferences because he doesn't "coach speak" and says off the cuff stuff.

I think these Spurrier comments are simply off the cuff stuff that pops into his head at the time. But since he is currently 5-0 against Dabo these comments appear to be part of a master plan of psychological warfare.

If Spurrier had only won 1 or 2 of the last 5 none on this board would care nearly as much or get nearly as worked up about what Spurrier says......even if he was saying the exact same things, most would just think it amusing like Hartins and not care to much.

He's just

Jan 1, 2014, 8:15 PM

Pandering to his fan base who are ecstatic about their success

Maybe. Or perhaps he's just a jerk with a big ego.

Jan 1, 2014, 8:43 PM

Personally, I think you give him WAY too much credit.

and another distraction from Ohio State.

Jan 1, 2014, 9:44 PM

Stay focused...........

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wow what a dumb assessment and reverse psychology***

Jan 2, 2014, 12:32 AM

Re: wow what a dumb assessment and reverse psychology***

Jan 2, 2014, 1:17 AM

Well, you should really know dumb when you see it...I've read several of your posts, LOL! However, for Coach Spurrier's sake, please feel free to continue to pour pressure on the Tiger coaches and players about how they just have to end the streak this year. I mean, it has gotten the same results for the past five years, hasn't it?

Jan 2, 2014, 1:15 AM

MCB, I don't often agree with you but you're spot-on with this post. I said this same thing to my son tonight. He upsets the fan base, they pressure the coaches and players. We take the field trying to not lose rather than playing to win. Say what you will but the OBC is a master of head games!

Jan 2, 2014, 1:21 AM

Thanks Aiken, It just baffles me that many Tiger fans, so blinded by rage and righteous indignation, can't see his obvious delight in their taking the bait through their hatred.

Re: He also wants the recruits

Jan 2, 2014, 1:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Spurrier really doesn't have Clemson on his mind... ]

to be influenced by this. Most HS kids want to be on the winning team.

oh yeah I forgot, motor mouth at it again...***

Jan 2, 2014, 8:21 AM

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic