Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Tigers in top three for NC lineman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Tigers in top three for NC lineman

Nov 10, 2011, 11:31 PM

Tigers in top three for NC lineman

Three-star lineman D.J. Reader told TigerNet that he currently has Clemson is his top three and has decided when he will make his announcement. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Tigers in top three for NC lineman

Nov 10, 2011, 11:52 PM

If he played like a Suh. I think he would be higher than a 3 star. Just sayin!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously???

Nov 11, 2011, 2:56 AM

Gaines Adams - 3 stars
Michael Hamlin - 3 stars
Kavell Conner - 2 stars
Michael Palmer - 2 stars

All of those guys went on to the NFL. The number of stars next to your name mean nothing...only your performance on the field. Please educate yourself before making a stupid post like this. Just sayin!!!

Re: Seriously???

Nov 11, 2011, 10:19 AM

You're not getting what I'm saying. He said that it was being said that he played like Suh. Suh is awesome! I'm saying if they are saying that about him, meaning the folks that do the ratings. He would be higher than a 3 star. I'm not saying where some our greats were when they come to Clemson. And our greats wasn't saying about them selves that were being compared to other greats. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this guy saying that about him self.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's being rated as an OT, though. Three stars is a

Nov 11, 2011, 10:21 AM

high rating. Rare to get four and almost never see a five.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: He's being rated as an OT, though. Three stars is a

Nov 11, 2011, 10:31 AM

TY David, B/C I didn't know it was harder for lineman to get a high rating. But what I'm saying in the other post. Somebody must be very high on him, or him himself to be compared to Suh. Thats a mighty big show to follow in those steps....

I get you. Somebody, somewhere, told the kid he is like Suh

Nov 11, 2011, 10:36 AM

That's high praise, for sure. If we're recruiting him for ng, we must think he has some of that ability.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Three stars for an OL [i]is[/i] highly rated. Add a star

Nov 11, 2011, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Tigers in top three for NC lineman ]

when comparing to the ratings of any other position.

"Clemson's just big football"

Nov 10, 2011, 11:55 PM

That's BS...Maryland's an average state school. Clemson's a much better school academically.

Nov 11, 2011, 12:07 AM

Clemson is Big Time Football AND a great education.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey D.J....You can get a good education at Clemson too..such

Nov 11, 2011, 12:10 AM

as architecture, engineering out your nose, business, pre-med, you know it in agriculture or horticulture, pre-law, management, nursing, etc.

Between the 3 fine schools, Clemson would be the best answer overall at this time for a good lead-in to the NFL. Go TIGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey D.J....You can get a good education at Clemson too..such

Nov 11, 2011, 5:18 AM

MAYBE what he was getting at is that Clemson being a great education goes without saying, but it is the best football program of the 3 lol.

Nov 11, 2011, 5:47 AM

90 mph fastball, 330 pound nose guard, Greensboro Grimsley (lots of talent there). All cool.

If he plays for Leggett, will that count against the baseball scholarship limit?

Clemson = Great academics + great athletics

Nov 11, 2011, 8:59 AM

Of course he's picking Clemson. Why wouldn't he? It has everything you would want in a school.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So which is it? Play football or get an education? It is

Nov 11, 2011, 9:18 AM

interesting to hear a 17 year old's impression of our great university. Living in NC his entire life and being recruited by UNC, he has probably been brainwashed into thinking Clemson offers little academically. Chapel Hole folks believe thier's is the only place that offers a meaningful degree.

Re: So which is it? Play football or get an education? It is

Nov 11, 2011, 10:33 AM

Maybe he prefers the UNC tutorial system better than going to class and EARNING a degree. He better wait and see what is going to happen in blue heaven before he makes this important decision. You can only do so much with an AF-AM degree!

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic